As a Release Manager, you will design, implement, and manage enterprise release processes to guarantee build & version control accuracy, environmental synchronizations and enterprise software release successes. In addition, this position also entails the troubleshooting and issue resolution related to major software releases, services packs and hot fixes.
The candidate supports the implementation & improvement of software release & deployment methodologies and processes. You will quickly assess the situation and choose the right action when something goes wrong. You will actively anticipate future needs and propose enhancements in processes and tools when we're serving 10x as many customers on 10x the infrastructure.
(In coordination with Project Delivery, QA, Development Operations, Product Specialists, and other stakeholders)
- Oversee the scopes of enterprise software releases and delivery strategies, identifying issues and risks and managing escalations.
- Own all aspects of /release processes across all applications and interfaces, including: deploying code, schema, and configuration changes in development, staging, and production environments.
- Develop metrics and reports to provide release planning and status to technology and business stakeholders and executive team, including all major releases, service packs and hot fixes.
- Conduct formal release readiness reviews and gates; manage the signoffs and communicates around all releases.
- Manage the overall deployment to various environments including Dev, QA, UAT and Production, ensuring the integrity of each deployment and confirming its proper configuration
- Develop, document, and maintain appropriate enterprise release policies, processes, standards, and procedures.
- Collaborate with Technology and Business Stakeholders to establish build and release guidelines for general releases and for more frequent, e.g. weekly or daily, builds.
- Collaborate with Development, DBA and Configuration Analyst to design, implement, and maintain software configuration / release scripts and procedures.
- Where possible, automate processes and improve the entire release processes.
- Participate in the process of troubleshooting and resolving production technical issues.
- Manage communication and provide training to technology and business stakeholders on enterprise release management processes and best practices.
- Responsible for managing licenses for 3rd party software, including tracking usages and renewals.
- Has 3+ years solid experience in enterprise software releases in distributed / onshore offshore development environment.
- Has 5+ years working experience with enterprise software development life cycle such as Agile and/or Waterfall as well as with ITIL.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing full life-cycle development and implementation of IT projects.
- In-depth understanding of source code management and enterprise release management life cycle and processes.
- Working experience with SCM tools (e.g. TFS) for managing, labeling, branching, and merging source code
- Good working knowledge with Powerbuilder and Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with relational database architectures and SQL.
- Expertise in liaising with clients and internal project teams, ensuring advocacy, scope compliance and any other obligations are met.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance potentially conflicting priorities, and to track and monitor numerous commitments and activities.
- Strong diplomatic skills to manage and resolve issues with internal and external stakeholders to align expectations and clearly define expectations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A university degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
Indeed - 19 months ago