Flex Employee Reviews

Producuctive and funplace with great people and great managment
Product test technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 September 2013
my typical day was a kind of horrible, too much phones were coming to fix and the target was more i didn't take my one break of 15 mins, and there was too much pressure on my mind and there was a overtime of 4 hours. i was so tired that day.
i learned how to work in an environment in which quality and quantity are the key factors of production.
My co-workers were so helpful if they weren't busy they come to help me if i had loads of work.
the hardest part of the job was nothing, it was all good if you are working at a constant speed.
the most enjoyable part was the fun talking to people there, everyone explain things in a humorous way that you will learn everything and at the same time you are having fun.
Pros
free pizzas every second friday
Cons
friday more work
Flextronics...Time
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
Flextronics being market leader in Electronics Manufacturing had very good methods and plan when they took over Solectron Invortonics. Solectron was the name of the company where I work most of the time. this being Automotive Electro Mechanical Parts supplier to major 3 Auto Makers. Since there was big slow down in the Industry we decided to find other stable industry.
It was very nice place to work. Had very good understanding co-operating Management. We Implemented many Lean Kaizan Initiatives in order to stay in the business but unfortunately the Auto industry had faster rate of slow down...we could not keep the business within our tertiary.
Had good co-workers. 30 % of the workers were from Agency to keep up the fluctuating demand in business.
I have learn different personal Management skills. Planning methods.
Lean Initiatives for fast phase environment. Automotive QA standards.
lapto repair
Laptop Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 May 2013
senior technician
manegement
I am a team leader and senior technicain in Flaxtronics.
My day
Electronic Assembly (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 April 2013
Inspected chains and crane parts to determine if the industry

standard was met and repairs that needed to be made

Inspected numerous types of Blackberry devices to determine if

there was water damage or cracked LCD’s, and soldier repair
Flextronics
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 March 2013
great place to work! GREAT hours. fantastic pay! would reccomend to everyone
Pros
great money! set schedule, reasonable amount of days off vs. on. always make 40 hours a week
Cons
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 March 2013
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly.
Pros
nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons
everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
An easy feeling environment provides the will and motivation to take great decision
Process QA Auditor (Current Employee) –  New Market, NB5 February 2013
Nice place to work without any major interference. Nice place to take independent decision. Good worker and co-operative managers.
A lot to learn each day with new projects
Pros
nice and easy place to work
Cons
less payment with no major benefit
Technician
Electronic Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Scarborough3 February 2013
Full time
Minimum, only engineering in the office.
Management midium
Gelousy
Night shift best
Very interesting place to work at.
Bilingual Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario16 January 2013
I enjoyed working there. It was a secure and stable environment. The staff was very friendly and supportive.
connaissance et expérience
CHEF DÉQUIPE, MONTAGE MECANIQUE, FORMATEUR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC15 January 2013
travail en fabrication de module de télécommunication
assemblage et routage de fibre optique
Pros
j aimais ce travail et l ambiance des collegues de travail
Cons
fermeture de l usine vers le mexique
productive and safe work place
assembler (Former Employee) –  365 passmore ave9 November 2012
very good envioment, management people are very nice, cooprative co workers, that is the most enjoyable work place.
Pros
bonous
Cons
not enough hours only 38 hours
Assembler
Data entry
Sw loading
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 September 2012
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect.
Pros
salary, opportunity
Cons
tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
Productive work place and fun place to work, Fitness centre on site.
Repair operator, Data entery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2012
Worked as repair operator on PCB board.I received certifaction in PCB repair. Managment was very help full,work life balance even in shift work setting.Co workers were like family,very help full, i made many friend who will be my friend for life.
Pros
free lunchs on special occaion like xmas, thanks giving, stampded, many celebration make fun to work at flextronic.
Cons
lots of long hours and shift work.
It was gud working place
JR. SOFTWARE TESTER (Former Employee) –  newmarket,on2 August 2012
punctuality and doing you work upto time.. getting big challenges and completing them on time.. performing better than earlier one...
Technical work enhance my skills and making good decision and analysis for my future career path
Assistant Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  M0731 July 2012
Day in and day out I am In-charged of taking care of the rework process. I see to it that the process is being followed by the operators. there were a lot of things learned such as doing profile for a certain Printed circuit boards PCB and its component, doing programs on the machine in order to operate, and learned to troubleshoot. The management were nice they provide us good trainings in order to apply from day to day work. All my co workers were very supportive and follow instruction as given to them. Sometimes when issues arises tough decision making and analysis must be done and i consider it as the hardest part of the job but it is a challenging task to do and contribute things for the better of the company. I am enjoying the companionship of my co-workers around me.
Pros
quarterly bonus, ot, meal, night differential allowance
Cons
weekly shift rotations
Each Galley Slave Gets Their Own Oar!
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario12 July 2012
Want to experience work the "old fashioned" way? Join the indentured service of Flextronics. This company will give you that institutionalized feeling you've always longed for. Bells and buzzers to tell you when to herd into the plant, to the bathroom, out for breaks. Security guards non-discretely pat you down as you leave. A small over-crowded cafeteria will serve the latest in outdated MRE's, stale bread and warm water.

Scratch your head as you wonder what your non-English speaking supervisor/manager/Tribune/Overseer just said to you. Who knows, you may have been insulted in a new, exciting language. No heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer...just the way it was in Georgia 150 years ago.

For your entertainment, a dimly lit theatre is provided for you to attend the latest in mind-alterating re-education in the spirit of Uncle Ho! Once a month there is a prize for the most dust balls collected at Tenko.

So if you're a WASP, middle-aged, desperate for work and willing to be abused, Flextronics is the place for you.
Pros
learn to swear in tamil.
Cons
harrassment is accepted.
This is a work place where you can roll your sleeves up & really touch a lot of things. Exciting products & an exciting time for Flextronics
Process Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 June 2012
Challenge:
The challenge is balancing being nimble, quick, and flexible while growing.Flextronics doesn't necessarily have some of the best processes or tools... But it is improving.

Management:
Great new leadership team.... Keep the momentum & excitement and the employees will follow!
Interaction with multi cultural staff
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 May 2012
At Flextronics, we believe that a sustainable approach to business is essential and therefore, it forms a core part of the way in which we do business

Awarded with best performance team 2011.
Pros
multi cultural staff
Cons
night shifts
Do what they said thet would do, when they said they would do it.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 April 2012
I learned that rules are there for office workers only. Listen to the boss even if he is wrong and you can prove him wrong. The head of HR says she is there to help, but only if a group gets together to complain.
Most of the employees are friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex. Our community is ready to answer.