Flex Employee Reviews

Quality and Continue Process Improvement is one of our mission!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario28 April 2014
I have been employed with the company for the last 14 years where I have gained extensive experiences in purchasing and in many aspect of customer services. My current job as buyer has been a pleasure at the same time challenging in learning new things everyday. I have performed routine and non-routine tasks/assignment as required. The most challenging part of the job as a buyer is to have to choose between a fast delivery time to meet our quick demand; but to keep the cost as low as possible. I take pride in my job and value all my accomplishment when a job well-done.
Pros
comfortable working environment
Cons
unforseen future of employment
The most enjoyable part of the job
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 April 2014
Root cause analysis is most enjoyable part and challenge of the job. It need not only the knowledge of DAMIC, 5 why, fish bone, etc, but also engineering experience + data analysis + DOE capability. All above skills can resolve the problem quickly and accurately.
Good Corporate Environment to work
IT Support Technician Systems/Network (Former Employee) –  Newmarket.9 April 2014
It is great to have work with Flextronics. very professionally work and communication method.
Productive and fun work place
Continuous Improvement Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 April 2014
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere. Productive and fun work place.
Global managment team
Production & Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 April 2014
CFT to review last 24hr. with production, maintenance, quality and engineering teams.
Customer call to review output.
Meeting with supervisor to review output to plan.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours 24/7 availability
Good place to learn new things
Repair Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 March 2014
• Used SAP and Citrix applications for data entry of symptoms, diagnoses and updates of Blackberry phones
• Tested phones to ensure the quality and flashed them with new software
• Prioritized orders and focused on delivering a quality job to save the cost and time
• Diagnosed and trouble-shot various models of products, using manufacture authorized tools and software applications
• Worked on products in a timely and efficient manner, met the dead lines of the projects by being flexible and dedicated
• Accepted Feedback from team leader and implemented new ideas to increase the production and improve the quality of the job
Fast pace enviroment
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket27 March 2014
A typical day at work involves monitoring repair yield, check for new software and FSB updates and maintaining RF equipment at an operational level.
There is always new and exciting things to learn working with cell phones.
Management is understanding, willing to listen and accommodate employees.
Hardest part of my job is keeping up with employees request on a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with employees and the opportunity to test new products.
Very lean and efficient manufacturing process
Manufacturing Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2014
Flextronics Invotronics is very lean and efficient automotive electronics tier 1 and tier 2 supplier. Onsite design, process development, prototype build, design and process validation.
Pros
Very high throughput yield, friendly work place.
Cons
Growth is slow.
is it good work place
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 March 2014
good work place very good people work in this company !! the hardest part of the job you need to stay 11 hours
satisfied
Pem nut, Spot welding (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 February 2014
routine work
spot welding,machinist
cooperative
cooperative
completion of work on time
achieved a target
good work environment
Product Test Technician (Former Employee) –  New Market, NB29 January 2014
good company doing lot of thing like repair of phones like blackberry , nokia , and reapir of laptops plus there is manufacturing of solar panels
its was very nice experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 January 2014
i liked my job ,its was a new experience for me to work part time along with college study. i learnt a lot from that job as i was operating a solar panel machine. final inspection and packaging was a part of my job so i learnt how to make decision in several conditions.
Pros
lunch
good
Nice place to work with...
Senior Laptop Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 January 2014
A good company
Located very far from my home so I drive a lot every day.
Average Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 January 2014
I learned how to help an assembly line create solar panels.
The hardest part was standing for 12 hours but it was enjoyable because of the environment and people.
Pros
Decent Pay Rate
Cons
Long Hours
it was fun work out there
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 December 2013
Its was good to work at Flextronics. I learned various technical stuff out there and more i came across lot knowledge from experienced persons. At Flextronics they use to have BBQ, Pizza Lunch and lot of stuff.
work and grow
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Toronto, ON4 November 2013
learned multitasking, handling different job and generate new qualities, friendly team work and colleagues and work friendly environment.
Overall good company and good work environment
Production Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON29 September 2013
Learned different technical skills and also learned to work in a team and to become a good team worker. Management of the company is very good overall. All managers are helpful and kind. Co-workers are also very helpful. They are always ready to help when I get difficult situation at the company.
productive
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  newmarket6 September 2013
• Experienced in troubleshooting the Blackberry Phones (RIM) all models.
• Finding out the electronic fault in the PCB and fixing the same.
• Experienced in doing data entry for all models.
• EOL on certain models.
• Knowledge in handling Software , Testers , Labeling etc.,
• Ensure the Quality standard for all processing batches are met.
• Knowledge in data processing and updating records using the required applications.
• Maintaining the records using MS Office and producing the reports.
• Updating the data in DATASWEEP and SAP.
Producuctive and funplace with great people and great managment
Product test technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 September 2013
my typical day was a kind of horrible, too much phones were coming to fix and the target was more i didn't take my one break of 15 mins, and there was too much pressure on my mind and there was a overtime of 4 hours. i was so tired that day.
i learned how to work in an environment in which quality and quantity are the key factors of production.
My co-workers were so helpful if they weren't busy they come to help me if i had loads of work.
the hardest part of the job was nothing, it was all good if you are working at a constant speed.
the most enjoyable part was the fun talking to people there, everyone explain things in a humorous way that you will learn everything and at the same time you are having fun.
Pros
free pizzas every second friday
Cons
friday more work
Flextronics...Time
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
Flextronics being market leader in Electronics Manufacturing had very good methods and plan when they took over Solectron Invortonics. Solectron was the name of the company where I work most of the time. this being Automotive Electro Mechanical Parts supplier to major 3 Auto Makers. Since there was big slow down in the Industry we decided to find other stable industry.
It was very nice place to work. Had very good understanding co-operating Management. We Implemented many Lean Kaizan Initiatives in order to stay in the business but unfortunately the Auto industry had faster rate of slow down...we could not keep the business within our tertiary.
Had good co-workers. 30 % of the workers were from Agency to keep up the fluctuating demand in business.
I have learn different personal Management skills. Planning methods.
Lean Initiatives for fast phase environment. Automotive QA standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex. Our community is ready to answer.