Flex Employee Reviews

Many Opportunities
Supply Chain Analyst / Efficiency Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
Opportunities for advancement are prevalent. Very fair compensation, health and benefit packages. Travel opportunities are also common. Quite a stable company in a volatile environment
Pros
travel, opportunities
Flextronics is a professional and an ethical company to work for. It is a fair and a socially responsible company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 December 2016
Flextronics is a professional Manufacturing Engineering company. and an ethical company to work for. It is a fair and a socially responsible company. Work environment is congenial and it respects diversity.

Working conditions are very good. It is an environmentally friendly and caring.

In summary, it is a fair and a mediocre rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Spot Awards
Cons
Non that I can think of!
best people to work with
Laptop technician (Former Employee) –  New Market, ON4 December 2016
Work at Flextronics was accuracy, productivity and value of products. I have learned to make process to make job easy for new hire. Working at there with people with all type of back ground was very good experience. But it was hard to achieve target production but that was most fun part of it.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Wearing anti static wrist band
Amazing workplace
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
I learned a lot from working there.

- good communication
- great teamwork
- work management

overall I really loved working there.
Not recommended
Safety design specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, Ontario22 July 2014
While the people I worked with and the management I directly interfaced with were generally good and likeable people I felt the upper management of Flextronics truly reflected what i feel are the evils of results based management. Rather then weather the storms of minimal slow downs... and bad quarter was immediately met with layoffs and cost cutting.. which left remaining employees to work even harder to meet demands when business improved.

Too often were we expected to aid in the creation of new "Centres of excellence" in "Low cost regions" which basically meant we were training our own replacements.

The compensation was sub par. Raises were nearly non-existent and communication from upper echelons of management was nearly non existent.
Pros
likeable colleagues
Cons
poor benefits, very poor compensation, no tangible recognition for good work
Worth working for
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 September 2012
The company provides fair opportunities for everyone. The career grows is possible within the company.
Management is generally nice, understanding. The work place is clean and secure. Most of the tools needed are given at the start of work.
The biggest con is that spare parts system is poorly managed at the facility. Some of the crucial tools and materials are not always available for work. Spare part from third party vendors often arrive with built in defect.
Pros
salary, opportunity
Cons
tools and materials not up to par with job requirements
Productive plase, nice and clean
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 March 2013
Busy day, good comunications with the co-workers, good team. I learned that people are different and when you respect that you get the same response from them. Good management, nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job, when you can't control some malfunction of the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the problem fast and getting the job done, helping with ideas to improve the process and make the line to run smoothly.
Pros
nice and clean place to work, not heavy job
Cons
everybody appreciated my hard work, but no bonus, not salary increase for all this years
good working environment,good pay and benefit,Friendly co-workers
Material Handler (Night Shift) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough.ON29 May 2015
I have learned to do shipping and receiving,teamwork,Health and Safety standard,dealing with other workers in various department. The relationship between various level workers are friendly as a family.I have enjoyed working in Flextronic
Pros
Attracive salary and benefit
Cons
Nil
EXCELLENT 5 Satrs
Worker - Everyone With The Same Brush !!! (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 November 2015
This was in all my long career the best work environment that I have worked in - large numbers of people - multi cultural and multi disciplined. One is actually working with the working poor as in the manufacturing field of dreams the workers on the floor outnumber the Certified and Management group of people and the factory floor workers had revealed and performed as if their jobs were definitely putting food on their table - a humble experience that changes a person's attitude most positively - for the rest of their lives. Any chance that I got at this later stage in life to be well grounded I owe to my experiences here.

The company recognizes employees efforts to improve - and follow and excel within what some say to be the worst working environments in the world - On the factory floor.
Pros
Paid Lunch Breaks
great company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 June 2016
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
good company
Test Engineering Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK12 June 2016
Our teams thrive on breaking through obstacles to develop innovative solutions to our customers’ challenges. By joining Flex, you’ll have unparalleled opportunities to build upon your talent and create leading-edge products for dozens of industries.
Decent workplace
Bench Laptop Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 August 2014
Mostly good workplace.
High moisture might be uncomfortable
Department is sometimes lacking basic supplies which obstructs normal workflow.
Pros
Good work hours, decent salary, paid holidays
Cons
Low on supplies
Interesting work on a wide range of product development projects
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
Projects are with a variety of clients and typically involve designing the product physical infrastructure (shelf, rack. frame) including the power distribution and filtering, cooling units and external interconnections to alarms and craft I/O.

Work involves negotiating with clients to establish requirements and schedules, desiging the product infrastructure to meet these requirements and the schedule, verifying the design and providing verification reports to the customers.

Management is supportive and the co-workers are congenial and co-operative. Multi-discplinary team includes, electrical /electronic, mechanical, product safety, EMC, FPGA and software expertise.

Biggest challenge is dealing with mid-stream changes in requirements or schedules.

Biggest enjoyment is successful delivery of designe to a satisfied client.
Pros
Interesting projects, variety of clients, congenial co-workers
Cons
Sometimes tight schedules leading to long hours.
Productive and joyful work environment
Product Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 April 2016
Overall day at work is really enjoyable. Learned new things and found different solutions for repairing different phones. Co-workers are really very helpful in all the matters including repairing and finding new solutions.
Great Company , Fun work environment but repitive and no room for advancement
cell phone repair technician (Former Employee) –  New market18 November 2014
Fun work environment but repitive and no room for advancement

Overall environment was good and company cared about well being of employees.

work was repetitive and room for advancement was very small.
Pros
Erogonimic team, subsidized cafeteria, good management
Cons
Repetitive work and small advancement chance
Productive and fun workplace
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Very friendly environment
Got knowledge of the functioning of various equipment, machineries and instruments
Excellent management
Friendly, team player co-workers
Hardest part of work-Long hours working while standing
Enjoyable part of work was-Working at the Rework department, learning a lot of things about cells, soldering, and solar panels
Pros
paid lunches
good place
Electronics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2015
People are very good. got a good exposure regarding the culture. management is ok. Worked as temporary. Good culture and team
Flextronics...Time
PRODUCTION/OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
Flextronics being market leader in Electronics Manufacturing had very good methods and plan when they took over Solectron Invortonics. Solectron was the name of the company where I work most of the time. this being Automotive Electro Mechanical Parts supplier to major 3 Auto Makers. Since there was big slow down in the Industry we decided to find other stable industry.
It was very nice place to work. Had very good understanding co-operating Management. We Implemented many Lean Kaizan Initiatives in order to stay in the business but unfortunately the Auto industry had faster rate of slow down...we could not keep the business within our tertiary.
Had good co-workers. 30 % of the workers were from Agency to keep up the fluctuating demand in business.
I have learn different personal Management skills. Planning methods.
Lean Initiatives for fast phase environment. Automotive QA standards.
Technical work enhance my skills and making good decision and analysis for my future career path
Assistant Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  M0731 July 2012
Day in and day out I am In-charged of taking care of the rework process. I see to it that the process is being followed by the operators. there were a lot of things learned such as doing profile for a certain Printed circuit boards PCB and its component, doing programs on the machine in order to operate, and learned to troubleshoot. The management were nice they provide us good trainings in order to apply from day to day work. All my co workers were very supportive and follow instruction as given to them. Sometimes when issues arises tough decision making and analysis must be done and i consider it as the hardest part of the job but it is a challenging task to do and contribute things for the better of the company. I am enjoying the companionship of my co-workers around me.
Pros
quarterly bonus, ot, meal, night differential allowance
Cons
weekly shift rotations
Productive and fun Work Place
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  New market Ontario12 April 2012
I have worked in Solar Project.
It was 12 hours Shift.
Clean Environment to work.
Allowed me to learn lots in my career.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex. Our community is ready to answer.

84%