Flex-n-Gate Employee Reviews

great working place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON8 January 2018
as many companies they are trying there best to continuously improve the way of doing business, I will say it is a great learning environment as there is nothing such as good or bad only circumstance where we learn to grow and evolve
Pros
sociability
Great company
Floor associate (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON3 December 2017
Working at Flex-N-Gate has been noting but a great experience! From the fast pace on the floor; to all of the friendly and out going employees, there isn't much not to like. I wouldn't mind an extra 5 minutes on break, but I won't start complaining.. We don't get paid to stand around, right?
Pros
Friendly staff, fast pace
Cons
Parking lot not paved
fun and interactive place with lots of outside activities
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON13 November 2017
its nice and warm where everyone knows each other. the hardest part of the job is the jacks and rodding. sometimes it is hard to adjust to anothr type of jack you are building but once you get the hag of it youll be fine.
Pros
an hour lunch in total
Cons
very noisy
Ok work but bad management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON13 October 2017
I learned a lot about assembly work when I was there as you are not stuck in one station the whole time; I was moved around a bit to different stations. I think honestly the hardest part on the assembly side is moving the blue bins of parts but even that isn't that bad. My most enjoyable part of that job was going home. Management is not good at all.
Fast pace-just in time Automotive
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  tottenham20 July 2017
Rotate workers daily, promote positive attitude, motivate employees,discipline when necessary. Promote 5's program. Continuous improvement in safety and efficiency.
Pros
great company
Cons
2nd Shift
not a nice place to work
General Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON11 May 2017
this company has a lot of favourtism and if they do not like you they harras you and make you feel be littled, they say they are family oriented but are not even close.
Diversify workplace but very poor management style.. people are being treated as slave
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2017
A good workplace to stay as long as you get you seniority because the union don't protect the TPT at all although they're cutting union dues out of your paycheque. Just a waste of money. Also, the Production Manager yells at his workers like a slave.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Bad Management
Parts cars assembled (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON6 February 2017
All workers have to learn from each other with appropriate to teaching another..the company always had the big orders..job opening..keep busy
Pros
Good benefit bonus ...very often on free lunch
great place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 January 2017
I already submitted and review for this I dont know why its asking again but this place was great the other staff were good and the managnent was really good as well.
Fast Paced, very good place to work
Temporary contract through AppleOne (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 January 2017
Great place to work, flexible hours, very compassionate staff, great lead hands and supervisors as well as office staff, staff lunches for special occasions IE christmas ECT
good employees
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON17 January 2017
lack of future planning
employees work hard to accomplish goals
learned computer skills
need more employee perks
trouble meeting deadlines due to parts shortages
Steady Shift with friendly people
Fulltime Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 January 2017
Working for Flex N Gate allows you to understand alot about the car industry by balancing production, customers demand and meeting the acceptable quality standards set by the factory and the customer.

It maybe difficult to adapt but given the time, anyone who is determined can easily achieve the company's objective which is Top quality and production.
Not the greatest.
General labour (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Hired full time, hated the management. Rude and lack lustre. Training is spotty and lacking. They just care about the bottom line and retreat their employees like cattle.
Pros
More then minimum wage
Cons
Bad management, lacks advancement opportunity
fast pass environment provides opportunities for developing inovative solutions, drawing solutions from fellow team members
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON27 December 2016
Management are open to creative thinking, allowing some time for testing and implementation of ideas. Co-workers are very passionate about their work.
toughest part of the job is to get everything you want to get done before end of the day.
my most enjoyable part is the openness i have 'especially' with my boss when discussing solutions and ideas for improvements to our operations. my hard work is recognized by my co-workers and management.
Pros
Sou-chef runs our cafeteria, time is allowed to maintain a very clean office and factory environments
Cons
this young company has room for improving it's procedures and methods of communication
Mixed reaction
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON15 November 2016
In general most people were pleasant.
Many long term employees had the easy jobs.
Many long-term employees seem not to be held accountable while contract workers were given extra jobs.
Would not recommend this location unless you know someone who can pave the way in for you.
Pros
Fork lift drivers are very safety orientated, Kitchen with reasonably priced meals
Cons
Very little rotation, Ergonomics is not practice, Team leaders speak in their language, some were very rude and upper management seemed to not be concerned
Not that great of a place to work. Not as rewarding of a career as they would lead you to believe
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2016
Pros: Salary and Benefits

Cons: Upper management will ultimately dismiss any good ideas you have because they are not their own. If you're good at what you do get comfortable because they will tell you they will move you were you want to go but at the end of the day their promises go right out the window.

As far as projects go you will have several manager to report to which will all give you projects that are "Priority" and if any fall behind you will be reprimanded.

If you like being stressed out at work I highly recommend working here.

Everything looks great at first but slowly deteriorates as they show their true colors.
Pros
Salary
Good wage, good job.
Electrician IEE (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON29 August 2016
As all plants within the corporation are different this review may not represent all plants. I'm not confident in most of the management team in my plant to make educated choices due to the nepotism that got most of them the positions they hold rather than the skills and education to do the job. I fear that the plant I work in may not last long without change.
Pros
good wage
Cons
nepotism
Amazing place to work very uplifting and very motivating
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON19 July 2016
I love the work environment the people the managers everything but having to adjust to midnights life wise has been very difficult with me and my fiancé
Pros
Hard work time flys
Cons
Midnights are a hassle with life decisions
Repetitive, dirty, steady hours.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 June 2016
The factory was smokey and dirty, and shift work is often required. But the pay is continuously decreasing with new contracts. The job is easy though, so if you need a quick job with 40 hours a week and overtime this is perfect.
Good workplace but low salary
PRODUCT ENGINEER - TEST LAB TECHICIAN (LEAD HAND) (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON18 May 2016
Job is decent and not overwhelming but there is a lack of pay increase and job advancements. The job gets repetitive at times and therefore gets real boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex-n-Gate. Our community is ready to answer.