Fleetwood Metal Industries

Fleetwood Metal Industries Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I was a robotic production worker.
Production (Former Employee), Tillsonburg,ontarioNovember 4, 2014
Pros: supervisors, staff great, shift rotation worked well with my schedule.
Cons: management are bullies, and unhelpful.
I worked at FMI Tillsonburg for approximately 10 weeks in 2013. It was my first factory job and I loved it. I learned how to set up robotic cells, meet deadlines. The supervisors on my shift were phenomenal and great to work with. Most of the staff were helpful and made you feel like family. However, upper management are extremely petty, and very rude to people they find beneath them. They don't like to follow procedures, if you are not full-time you are the first person to be blamed and walked out. One production worker has cost at least 7 people their jobs of just being plan petty, and nasty. The hardest part of the job is the stress from petty, full-time workers and the constant bullying from upper management. If you are a temp you are held to a higher standard and expected to perform better and pull more than the required 85% daily production rate. Where as full-time just has to pull 85%. You are expected to follow all protocols and company policies, but full-time not so much.
Otterville plant was a good place to work but Tillsonburg plant, not so much
Production/ Quality Controle (Former Employee), Tillsonburg OntarioNovember 8, 2013
Pros: pretty good benefit package
Cons: the abusive nature and pettiness of management and supervisors.
Daily work was heavy and fast paced. I learned how to program the robotic welders and how to bar code and receive incoming and out going shipments. Management in Otterville was great, supervisors were helpfull and friendly, Tillsonburg was another story. Management and Supervisors in Tillsonburg were rude, abusive and uncaring as to how the employees doing. Co-workers for the most part were pretty good and I tried to get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress and pressure to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was making some very good friends.
One of the Best places to work at.
Mig Welder (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: friendly people, great staff, easy to learn
Cons: some staff were predjuice towards "pretty" girls
I started work here in April of 2010, I was only there for a month and a half, but it was the best 6 weeks! I got to work with one of my brothers which was great!