Fleetwood Metal Industries Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Friendly enviroment with many advancement opportunities
quality (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONMay 7, 2016
Fleetwood is a great place to work. Management appreciates someone who is willing to work hard, and goes above and beyond what is expected. There are many opportunities for advancement for anyone who is willing to work toward it, and Fleetwood often tries to fill new positions within the company. New plant manager is fantastic, and benefit package is amazing.
Pros
Benefit package, pays well.
Cons
Gets hot in the summer.
Invoicing, shipping/receiving
Assistant Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Otterville, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Work load was good. Enjoyed the work I did, Gained experience in the shipping/receiving area, along with creating barcodes and labels for customers. Aiding customers and logistics companies with area's of concern and packaging concerns. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to work independently and in a group setting.
Pros
Experience
Cons
I was a robotic production worker.
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg,ontarioNovember 4, 2014
I worked at FMI Tillsonburg for approximately 10 weeks in 2013. It was my first factory job and I loved it. I learned how to set up robotic cells, meet deadlines. The supervisors on my shift were phenomenal and great to work with. Most of the staff were helpful and made you feel like family. However, upper management are extremely petty, and very rude to people they find beneath them. They don't like to follow procedures, if you are not full-time you are the first person to be blamed and walked out. One production worker has cost at least 7 people their jobs of just being plan petty, and nasty. The hardest part of the job is the stress from petty, full-time workers and the constant bullying from upper management. If you are a temp you are held to a higher standard and expected to perform better and pull more than the required 85% daily production rate. Where as full-time just has to pull 85%. You are expected to follow all protocols and company policies, but full-time not so much.
Pros
supervisors, staff great, shift rotation worked well with my schedule.
Cons
management are bullies, and unhelpful.
Otterville plant was a good place to work but Tillsonburg plant, not so much
Production/ Quality Controle (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg OntarioNovember 8, 2013
Daily work was heavy and fast paced. I learned how to program the robotic welders and how to bar code and receive incoming and out going shipments. Management in Otterville was great, supervisors were helpfull and friendly, Tillsonburg was another story. Management and Supervisors in Tillsonburg were rude, abusive and uncaring as to how the employees doing. Co-workers for the most part were pretty good and I tried to get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress and pressure to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was making some very good friends.
Pros
pretty good benefit package
Cons
the abusive nature and pettiness of management and supervisors.
One of the Best places to work at.
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 8, 2013
I started work here in April of 2010, I was only there for a month and a half, but it was the best 6 weeks! I got to work with one of my brothers which was great!
Pros
friendly people, great staff, easy to learn
Cons
some staff were predjuice towards "pretty" girls