Fleetwood Metal Industries

Fleetwood Metal Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Otterville plant was a good place to work but Tillsonburg plant, not so much
Production/ Quality Controle (Former Employee), Tillsonburg OntarioNovember 8, 2013
Pros: pretty good benefit package
Cons: the abusive nature and pettiness of management and supervisors.
Daily work was heavy and fast paced. I learned how to program the robotic welders and how to bar code and receive incoming and out going shipments. Management in Otterville was great, supervisors were helpfull and friendly, Tillsonburg was another story. Management and Supervisors in Tillsonburg were rude, abusive and uncaring as to how the employees – more... doing. Co-workers for the most part were pretty good and I tried to get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress and pressure to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was making some very good friends. – less
One of the Best places to work at.
Mig Welder (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: friendly people, great staff, easy to learn
Cons: some staff were predjuice towards "pretty" girls
I started work here in April of 2010, I was only there for a month and a half, but it was the best 6 weeks! I got to work with one of my brothers which was great!
Good Company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALFebruary 17, 2014
Good place to work - Great Plant Manager - beware of quality manager and production managers, they are ruthless!
Agressively unpleasant
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALJuly 19, 2013
Pros: long lunch. good insurance. good but undervalued co-workers.
Cons: see all of the above
Unorganized. Safety issues not properly addressed. Chronic quality issues covered up and never addressed. No communication between management and employees. Incompetent shift managers. Harassment by shift managers overlooked. No opportunity for advancement. No procedure for employees to make suggestions.

No climate control. At least a few people regularly – more... faint each summer due to the heat. – less