Flavesco Inc , the leader in custom machinery guarding solution is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its Engineering department at its Ottawa location. Reporting to the Design Manager, your main task will be to participate in the design of custom elevator machine guarding for various projects in institutional, commercial or industrial environments. Be part of our success - check us out at www.flavesco.com
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Detailed design of guarding solutions;
- Assist preparation of estimates, conduct surveys, reports and prepare plans & specifications;
- Work closely with other engineering staff and production team;
- Interpretation and understanding of client's requirements;
- Coordinate activities with the fabrication team, QC group and sales team;
- Assembly and verification of first samples;
- Understanding and inclusion of industry, company and client standards into the design;
- Perform fabrication drawing reviews, site inspections, site reports, and issue site change instructions; and
- Offer technical support to installation teams and clients
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience with Pro/Engineer an asset
Excellent requirements analysis and design skills
Excellent communication skills
English; written and spoken; Bilingual an asset
Occasional travel is required (Canada).
Flavesco adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs
Years of experience are an asset but we will consider a recent graduate
This is a full time permanent position.
The elevator guarding solution of choice, with no impact on ease of servicing, Flavesco products meet all the elevator...