Flatiron Constructors Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant to join its project in Drayton Valley, AB for a 4-month period commencing in May 2014.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Processes relevant documents including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, subcontract management, equipment time entries and journal entries
- Reviews vendor statements and follow up to resolve any discrepancies
- Accurately inputs and reports financial data in a timely manner
- Responds in a timely manner to all internal and external inquiries
- Updates and maintains business contact information
- Schedules and coordinates conference calls
- Maintains calendars and schedules meetings, proactively resolving any conflicts
- Identifies and prepares meeting materials and resources needed prior to all meetings, including meeting location, supplies and refreshments
- Drafts, proofs, and edits a variety of business correspondence
- Opens, distributes and sends mail
- Arranges messenger service delivery and pick-ups; prepares and sends overnight packages
- Prepares and distributes faxes
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan
- Provides HR assistance in onboarding new-hires
- Performs additional assignments as per management’s direction
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year related experience providing administrative support
- Current enrolment or graduate of a recognized Administrative Assistant program is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Prior accounting experience within a professional services firm is an asset.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team, manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
Apply now. Submit your application to www.flatironcorp.com or via email at canadarecruiter @flatironcorp.com.
This is an opportunity to join one of North America’s leading transportation, energy and water infrastructure contractors. Founded in 1947, Flatiron has grown geographically over the years and now employs more than 2,500 people and builds some of the most complex and noteworthy transportation and infrastructure projects in the U.S. and Canada. With a construction volume of more than $1 billion in 2012, Flatiron develops innovative solutions to construct large-scale infrastructure for both public and private clients. Flatiron is constantly ranked in the Top 50 Contractors, Top 10 Bridge Contractors and Top 20 Transportation Contractors by leading industry publication Engineering News-Record. Flatiron was named 2013 Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year in Alberta by Merit Contractors Association and the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association.
At Flatiron, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. The company is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining future generations of leaders. Flatiron has won numerous employer awards, and was most recently named a 2013 Best Workplace in Canada by the Best Place to Work Institute and a 2013 Best Workplace for Young People in Canada by Canada’s Top 100. Flatiron has made the list of BC’s Top Employers two years in a row.