FLANAGAN FOODSERVICE INC. Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace Atmosphere
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2017
Large food distribution company that values loyalty with it's employees. A culture of hard work and productivity was felt through my time working there. While there may have been a stressful atmosphere at times, the ability to communicate with co-workers to improve work situation was consistent.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, Stressful
hard work days
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2017
i was a Driver help, I was to help the Driver unload and put away the order, but i was not working fast enough to unload and put the order away, As for as i could see the management was good but they needed to talk to there employees more.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hard days
I liked the People I was working with.
Restocker/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 July 2017
6 Months Contract got extended because they were not sure of their future goals. Looking for a Job now!!! The only Reason I stayed for six months was just because of the surrounding and people that i worked with; Also, It was Close to my where i used to live.
Pros
Great shift Hours
Cons
Restricted Budget to hire good workers! eheheh!
Chaos
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 June 2017
Flanagans is chaos. Being a driver there is painful. It's mentally and physically.

They will run you right into the ground. Poor routing, zero accountability for anyone in the office and awful customers is what awaits you.

Steer clear of this place. Your back and knees will thank you.

They are very hard on drivers. They always want more. They'll always try to push you over your hours if they can. Awful awful company.
Pros
Semi okay pay if you get to top rate
Cons
Insane amount of hours, no social life, physical pain from all the hours at work.
Family Friendly and Growing
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2017
Great place. Very busy industry but there is always lots of learning and growing. I worked well with my manager and appreciate the consistent feedback on my performance.
Employees were nice. Management wasn't the best.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lively, ON27 January 2017
If you don't like hand bombing need not apply. I worked there for three years. It's a good hard job, pays ok but sysco and gfs pay more for the same line of work. I didn't agree with being asked to work overtime and then not being paid for it. I left do to not being paid for the hours worked. Apply at own risk. I have to say other then that good place to work.
Pros
Boot allowance, paid uniform, Christmas party.
Cons
Work all holidays, management
Well known
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2016
Family ran well known business. Tons of benefits and incentives. Many opportunities to move around. Ever growing industry. Pay is a little out dated but where isn't.
Great management team
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
The management team at Flanagan Foodservice Inc. does an excellent job at showing its employees appreciation of their work. Management is constantly checking-in with employees to improve the work environment and ensure everyone within the team is on the right track to achieve the desired goals. These efforts make the relationship with management go a step further than just employer-to-employee, to actually feel like one is working with family. Overall, the Flanagan's team is very strong about its family oriented values, which makes it a great place for people who are looking for a stable job in order to support their loved ones.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long process to approve certain projects
Great Place to work
Data Entry/Invoicing (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2016
my days were always full of excitement. had a good day everyday. i made everyone of the drivers delivering product happy with the smile that i would always have a my face. when the drivers for the company would come back after delivering i would crack jokes with them. the hard part of my job was the over lapping of the appts when they were late and we had to receive the product. Everyone that i worked with was amazing and very friendly
Pros
Free lunch here and there.
Cons
no cons
Long hours Managers Don't listen to drivers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 November 2016
A typical day was long or in some peoples cases way too short not enough hours
Issues never get resolved by supervisors with delivery issues or pick up issues
Managers don't listen to drivers (this is a problem for the retention of drivers) I found this point to be very frustrating and overwhelming.
co workers are good a lot of negativity about management.
Lots of heavy lifting and sometimes stairs to negotiate.
I enjoyed the driving aspect of the job when I would do new and different things.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Benefits, Christmas Party, Paid Vacation Time
Cons
Long hours/Short Hours, Bad management Team, Heavy lifting
Only positive is co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 August 2016
There's a reason for the ridiculous amount of job postings from this company. The driver recruitment and retention is an embarrassment. The only positive to working as a driver for this "family run" company is the fellow drivers who are a tight knit bunch and the odd customer. Upper management pinch you by the balls and are extremely oblivious to the ongoing everyday issues. The paycheque is always decent because you can expect 12+ hours every single day, don't expect any time off from May - September. When winter rolls around and you are a newbie and have 0 set runs you can expect a lot less hours. Take what you want from this review but it's an honest take from somebody who's been here. Don't believe me then go experience it yourself. Enjoy being another number in this "family" company!
Pros
Co drivers, odd free meals
Cons
Inconsistent start times, management, 11-14hrs daily
Its an adventure
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON22 July 2016
Made some great friends so far working for Flanagans. Awesome group of drivers and positive office environment. Very forgiving bosses! Working every Saturday is a bit of a bummer but you gotta put your time in. The top wage should be raised but same with every job in my opinion. Don't bother applying if youre lazy. Great way to loose weight and stay in shape!
Pros
Overtime after 44 hours and profit sharing.
Cons
Any customer that has stairs.
poor management
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2014
if you miss 3 days you can kiss any kind of raise good by..on other hand you can be useless and just show up every day and get raises..No hands on by management they just look at a computer and go by that .Not by how hard you work.You have to work on every holiday except xmas.decent benifits avg.pay not much room for advacement ..alot of empty promises..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor management, work holidays work nights
Hired with a group of employees from last Job, ofering expertise in seafood category.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 December 2013
Was Hired wth group of employees from last workplace, and was given no gudelines or territory to start. When Ieft the job I was at 14%GPM. Developed a territorry and introduced a new customer category.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Large territory, unorganized management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLANAGAN FOODSERVICE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9