FRSWMA is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to manage finances for the association, located at the regional landfill north of Sedgewick. The successful candidate will be responsible for all financial functions including:
- Assist with preparation of and adherence to annual operating and capital budgets
- Prepare financial reports and provide support to monthly board meetings.
- Provide financial analysis and guidance to manager and board.
- Regular review of general ledger accounts and be accountable for variances.
- Assist auditors and prepare reports for auditors.
- Maintain Fixed Assets records.
- Payroll, including timesheets, benefits, vacation, T-4’s and other year end procedures
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Manage and administer insurance portfolios as well as risk control and reporting
- Training and orientation of staff responsible for accounting activities.
The candidate will have a minimum grade 12 and two years post secondary diploma in Accounting or Business Administration. Excellent writing and verbal skills are required, with experience in computerized accounting systems (preferably Simply Accounting – Sage 50) are desired. Experience planning workloads, supervising staff and delegating to others are all assets. FRSWMA provides a dynamic workplace with a culture that promotes adaptation to the needs of our customers. We are looking for someone with imagination, innovation and an interest in organizational improvement.
Salary range: $47,495-$58,413 plus a full benefits package.
If you wish to join our team, please submit resume to Murray Hampshire, PO Box 309, Sedgewick AB, T0B 4C0 or through email before March 13, 2013. View this job posting at www.frswma.com for more detail.
FRSWMA is a full service waste collection, transportation and landfill business providing service to 12 municipalities with annual operating budget of nearly $2.5 million. FRSWMA’s mission is to provide an efficient, environmentally sensitive, cost-effective and professional waste service to all residents within the collection area.