Fixed Point is a boutique software development company that specializes in building modern web-based systems. Our work is varied in scope - ranging from internal workflow tools to public-facing mobile web applications.
We are looking for a software developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for full-stack web development, and will take on significant responsibility in this role.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience using a server-side MVC web framework in any language - i.e. Code Igniter for PHP, Django for Python, Express.js for Node.js, or other such frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills
- A few years of programming experience - ideally with some technical projects under their belt (i.e. any one of: building a distributed system, advanced database modelling, building a highly-interactive web application, etc.)
What we value in a team member:
- You love to make things people use
- You have opinions and share them
- You care about the details
- You are constantly learning through experience
- You carry a good attitude, respect others, and have common sense
We favor generalists over specialists. At Fixed Point you will be a part of: requirements elicitation, wireframing/prototyping, server-side/client-side web development, API and web services development, integration with other third-party systems (i.e. payment providers, manufacturing systems, CRM systems, etc.).
We are located in Downtown Vancouver, near Waterfront Station.