Five Guys Employee Reviews

mismanaged
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 July 2017
as soon as I was hired it was obvious. the management was overwhelmed and the staff was overworked. no one was happy and everyone was looking for other jobs.
Pros
free burger fries and drink
Cons
not good with scheduling to availabilities
Family, sincere & fun workplace
District Manager, Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
Five Guys Enterprises is a great company to work for. Sincere and fun family-run business, in which you feel part of the big family. Great Management values not only practiced, but also lived in day-to-day business. Distinguished Franchisor-Franchisee relation-ship built on mutual respect and trust. Unique and unheard of Marketing philosophy built on Customers' word of mouth.
Pros
Very goof compensation package and company car
Cons
Slow career advancement in some International Markets
Great people to work with , terrible management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2017
Area ops manager treats employees Poorly and does many illegal things. Takes raises away, opens store when it's unsafe working conditions,not following availability. Continues to add unreachable goals to the store and gets mad when they can't be completed. They run the bare minimum number of staff, have fun closing a restaurant on 2 people while getting slammed till closing time. They don't have enough labor hours for training they just throw you on grill and expect you to know it instantly.
Pros
Working with friends
fun
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Delaware22 June 2017
fun experience. good staffs and enjoyable to work with. The company is so good and a lot of people like the product they sell. Being a server is fun and making burgers too.
ok work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 June 2017
it was a fun place to work with all the music and the people were great to get along with, it was fun to meet people and the food was good haha never boring
Nice as a part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 June 2017
I was working at Five Guys for 2 1/2 years and I got bored of the job after the first 7 months. I stuck around longer because it was flexible with school.
Pros
Free food on breaktimes
Cons
Sometimes you stand around when there is nothing to do
my boss was amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2017
I would get great shifts with very nice people
I would prepare for the day
prep the food
clean the eating area
we always had fun during prep and during the time we were open so much fun and always had a smile on my face
Good working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Working here was good, the supervisors are a lot considerate. Though there's a decent amount of workplace politics going on, the place is still conducive to work in.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No salary increase
Great place to work and grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2017
I have learned a lot while working with Five Guys as far as management goes and keeping track of the daily finances. Lots of room to grow if your willing to put in the work.
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
Good place to work, good pay and manger are very help full they take there time and help you out fully don't rush. great people and of course great food.
fun to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 May 2017
crew is very good . they have the best customer service then any other restaurant. Management is only thing in this company that's worst . the management is not letting anyone grow in this company, the area manager have all her relative as manager 's of all the stores in BC. Manager of my store treat everyone in a very bad way.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
worst management
Productive and highly enjoyable work environment.
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2017
A typical day at work begins with an energetic start to the day preparing items and ingredients for a full day of work which includes large volumes of customers in a fast-paced environment.

This job taught me how to efficiently and effectively work in an very fast-paced environment and how to manage several tasks at once with great proficiency.

The management, while strongly focused on maintaining high levels of performance, are caring and considerate about their employees.

The workplace follows a "work hard, play hard" mentality, effectively creating a fun and enjoyable work environment while also focusing on maintaining high levels of performance.

The hardest part of the job was the initial in-job training and mentality that one needs to adopt to be efficient and effective in this work environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was providing fun and energetic customer service to customers and creating basic relationships with those customers over time to ensure they would come back again.
Challenging and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2017
Overall, working at five guys was a fun and challenging experience! The job offers an environment that requires a lot of attention and the ability to work precisely and quickly.
Good people with bad habits and negative reinforcement.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
The job is simple, the crew is friendly and easy to get along with.
But there's some kind of stress that prevents the management to actually care about people around them. I found myself proud of my work and excited to bring in a better week, however, that enthusiasm was returned with bull headed stubborn "reinforcement". As if my best and enthusiasm was what they deserve and I'm lucky to even be there.
Pros
You get a meal on your break.
Cons
Management that was put there only because they know how to do their job, not because they actually know how to manage people.
five guys
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC19 April 2017
its by far been the best place i worked, the majority of the staff was really friendly, it gave good work expierence taught me how to work cash registers, the training for the job was really good and professional
Decent workplace
Line (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Wasn't too bad of a workplace. The managers can be really up tight and very stressed out, other than that it was a decent place to work. Very fast paced.
Pros
Free Burgers
productive
Caissière (Former Employee) –  West Island, QC17 April 2017
For my first job experience, I think it helped me with customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job that the other employees were around my age and had the same work experience as me. Great workplace
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and casual place to work
Cashier/Line Cook/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC4 April 2017
I enjoyed working here as my first job. The wages were minimum and it was alot of physical labour (cleaning, doing dishes, running around). The atmosphere and culture of the restaurant had to be my favourite part of the job.
Pros
secret shopper bonuses
Cons
wages
Fun to work with team members, but the management seems unstable
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2017
All the hype about this place I was expecting it to be a lot better. Burgers were good, but not THAT good, fries weren't that exciting, and for a place that's designed up like an old diner, you'd think they'd at least have gravy for their fries.
Pros
Free Meal, Enjoy working with crews
Cons
Cutting off peoples schedule base on their performance, low salary
Good learning experience regarding the development of some skills
Full-Time Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Working at five guys further improved my communication skills. I learned the sense of urgency in times of busy service. The management could be improved in the sense of being more respectful of employee availability. I enjoyed the food served at five guys so I was very happy with the fact that there was 1 free meal everyday.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.