Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced work environment
Junior Manager (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: free meal each shift
Cons: management expectations
A typical day consisted of talking to the opening manager to see how everything went in the morning and see if anymore prep will need to be done. Then assigning positions to team members on the shift and the day/night carries out. Then if closing carrying out the closing tasks.

I learned it is very hard and stressful working in a fast food based environment. – more... However I learned basic management tasks like how to manage tough situations.

The management was disorganized and had double standards. it was hard to keep up with everything that was changing. However, my coworkers were amazing and supportive through everything. They were the reason that I was able to succeed.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the expectations of the higher up management, but the co workers were the ones that made the whole experience enjoyable. – less
Great environment with the most outgoing nice people!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Stittsville, ONNovember 23, 2013
I worked at Five Guys for just a few months and I would've stayed if it wasn't so far from home and wasn't in school. Always enjoyed being at work even for the long shifts or early in the morning everyone made it very comfortable and a relaxed but productive environment.
A great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, and the staff
Cons: wage, and no room to advance
A busy place with great people and customers. I learned I can do anything I set my mind to, and exceed in it.
bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1 shift a week worth 4 hours
working at five guys, especially the location at yonge and dundas was the biggest mistake of my life. the managers were so unprofessional. there was no advancement in the company unless the manager liked you. they played favoritism within the employees. they hire and fire with a snap of a finger, so you could be working there for 2 days and if they – more... dont like you you're gone. they constantly accuse people of stealing money from the cash register. never will i work there again in my life. – less
a very bad company to work for
cashier/cook (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 11, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: everything else
never has any hours for full time staff yet continues to hire more and more people
Fun job, the staff are great.
Dishwasher/Cashier/Line cook (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, fun staff
Cons: flipping burgers, mopping floors, boiling kitchen
I enjoyed working at Five Guys because the environment was fun. The staff have a good energy and we are encouraged to engage with the customers. Minimum wage isn't always so appealing, and neither is making fries or mopping the floor, but it was a great first job.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is somewhat a decent place to work
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: they push for the sense of urgency which can be annoying to yourself and the customer
- keeps yourself busy throughout the shift
- learned customer service
- management is somewhat fair depending on the person managing
- co-workers sometimes work well together depending on their personality
- hardest part of the job is to keep busy during dead hours
- most enjoyable part of the job is cooking and eating the food
not recomended as a good place to work
Area Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours no job securtiy
this company may be considered by some as disorganized and there are many empt promises made. I would not recomend working for them
Productive and fun work enviroment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: the staff and managers, you recieved a free meal each shift, as well as bonus you could recieve while working
Cons: i would just say the closing shift and when it came to cleaning.
This company is for people that are out going and love to work in a fast pace work environment. This company treated there employees really good and the job came with some really good intensives. This job is all about time management when it comes to preparation in the morning to making meals to closing time and clean up. A typical day would be opening – more... and preparing food, serving up to sometimes a few hundred people in an hour or two. The closing shift was cleaning from top to bottom, I will say that was no walk in the park, but at the end I always felt proud because I ate there so I know that the cleaning standards are high and you don't have to worry about sitting in a dirty dining room or cook in a dirty kitchen it was always clean. – less
Productive, energetic workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free llunches
Cons: poor management styles
I liked the environment and the food, but the management was poor, the security and trust in the employees was very poor as well.
Horrible management/ cool job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: free meals, free sodas, cool environment
Cons: horrible managers
Managers were rude, insensitive illogical women, one younger than me and one middle aged lady. Both would expect things to be done in a rushed manner, and i was constantly berated in front of customers by the manager that was actually younger than me.
Loved the job
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 15, 2014
I had a great time working there. I had a great GM, I was so good at my job that if I didn't moved back to Texas I would of stayed there.
Poor Management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Eldersburg, MDApril 5, 2014
Work was easy, I learned how to be responsible with time management. Had poor management. Co-workers were always in a good mood.
productive and fun
General Manager (Former Employee), round rock, txMarch 25, 2014
I was in management. it was what it was. lots of responsibilities.
Fast paced working environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
Working at Five Guys was fun and exciting! There would be slow times with only about 5 customers and there would be times where we had a line out the door. Some managers were strict then others, but overall everyone was nice to work with. It was a good experience to meet new people and learn how others interact in the same environment as me. I don't – more... think there was a hard part about working at Five Guys, but I think the most enjoyable part was explaining the long menu to customers who's never been to Five Guys before. – less
Fun fast paced work environment
Crew member (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not having enough work hours
A typical day at work would consist of me getting to my job about one hour before the store actually opens to prep food. Something I learned was to be able to balance working at a fast pace and serving people quality food. My managers would also be in the work field with all other employees giving them hands on training. My co workers consisted of mostly – more... young individuals who were very hard working along with me in order to please all the customers in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job would be during the noon time when other employees from different jobs would come to eat during there lunch breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving people the best quality of food possible and making people happy. – less
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2014
my job would be to take orders and enjoy a great place to work. i would find myself inclined to make amazing food. i also treated people with care.
An Awesome Job With An Awesome Company
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hillsborough, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, very flexible hours, full time health benefits
Overall, working at a Five Guys, in my experience, can be awesome. Just like any job, it has its ups and downs, but can be a great job. I'd recommend it for a first time job for someone in High School or College. I would only recommend this job for anyone older for a management position.

Besides the busy days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), a typical work – more... day is pretty much the same in and out. It's very easy to pick up on as long as you're willing to put in the work.

My co-workers were amazing, to this day the best I've worked with. Every place will be different, but from people in the same position as me all the way up to the store owner, they became family. Many Five Guys I have visited in the past are like this as well.

Hardest part of the job is when the place is packed, line to the door. Still gotta get those orders out on time no matter what. For someone first starting out there, it can be very intimidating. However, once you get the hang of it it's really not that bad.

The best part of the job in my opinion, was the morning prep. Sure you have to be there early, but after you learn and know what you're doing day in and out, they let you wear headphones in the morning, so you can rock music all morning while you work.

Like any job, don't abuse your privileges, and things will be great for you here. Just like any job too, they really like seeing you take initiative yourself and working independently when needed. – less
Great work environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Polaris, OhioMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch/ dinner for management and staff. great bonus incentives again, for crew and management.
Cons: upper management.
A typical day at work would include taking care of customers, managing crew members and ensuring guest satisfaction with food and experience.
burgers
Cashier (Current Employee), crritos caMarch 9, 2014
food is great they have penuts for you to eat while you wait for your food and they are free

1 2 3 4 5