Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible company to work with
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 6, 2014
Advise not to work with this company. Poor wage and not a healthy working culture.
Good job overall, hard work that pays off
Crew (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 5, 2014
in a typical day at work, I close down the store at 10 pm, and make sure the entire kitchen/lobby are clean from top to bottom. Before we close, I also engage in customer service, and handle the kitchen, respectively, with at least 2 other people.
Productive workplace with a free staff meal
Crew member (Current Employee), 2150 Burnhamthorpe Road WestJune 20, 2014
An easy-going job surrounded with a friendly team. Managers and crew members work together towards being the best to serve guests a great experience at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Communication is key and demonstrated throughout the shift to interact with the crew and guests.
too many cliques and if you were not part of one, one did not fit in no matter how hard you worked or how loyal you were to the company
Full-Time Prep and Line Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free parking, got the hours i wanted and weekends off
Cons: people texting on the line, new hires not using their training to do the proper job, not using initiative to get work done
typical day started at 8 a.m. did prep work for the day, opened at 11 a.m. worked on the grill and was extremely proficient in this area. I learned that you could not trust any of the co-workers as they were very quick to go to managers. One of the managers was great, but he left - the younger managers or shift leaders really did not have what it took – more... to properly manage the store. The hardest part of the job was picking up the slack when younger people didn't really feel like working. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while I worked and got to meet alot of really nice people who visited the establishment. – less
The most enjoyable part of the job
Équipier et Chef de Quart (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 16, 2014
Providing excellent customer service and seeing the customers walk away with a smile on their faces, the employees always made a shift fun.
Better than McDonald's
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge AB CanadaMay 5, 2014
Pros: free meals, great pay, good music.
Cons: long night hours
It isn't a bad place to work if you like manual labour after closing hours. The people I worked with were a lot of fun and I had good managers. The long hours and constant oldies music was driving me a little crazy, but overall a fun place to work.
fast paced work environment
Junior Manager (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: free meal each shift
Cons: management expectations
A typical day consisted of talking to the opening manager to see how everything went in the morning and see if anymore prep will need to be done. Then assigning positions to team members on the shift and the day/night carries out. Then if closing carrying out the closing tasks.

I learned it is very hard and stressful working in a fast food based environment. – more... However I learned basic management tasks like how to manage tough situations.

The management was disorganized and had double standards. it was hard to keep up with everything that was changing. However, my coworkers were amazing and supportive through everything. They were the reason that I was able to succeed.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the expectations of the higher up management, but the co workers were the ones that made the whole experience enjoyable. – less
Great environment with the most outgoing nice people!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Stittsville, ONNovember 23, 2013
I worked at Five Guys for just a few months and I would've stayed if it wasn't so far from home and wasn't in school. Always enjoyed being at work even for the long shifts or early in the morning everyone made it very comfortable and a relaxed but productive environment.
A great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, and the staff
Cons: wage, and no room to advance
A busy place with great people and customers. I learned I can do anything I set my mind to, and exceed in it.
bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1 shift a week worth 4 hours
working at five guys, especially the location at yonge and dundas was the biggest mistake of my life. the managers were so unprofessional. there was no advancement in the company unless the manager liked you. they played favoritism within the employees. they hire and fire with a snap of a finger, so you could be working there for 2 days and if they – more... dont like you you're gone. they constantly accuse people of stealing money from the cash register. never will i work there again in my life. – less
a very bad company to work for
cashier/cook (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 11, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: everything else
never has any hours for full time staff yet continues to hire more and more people
Fun job, the staff are great.
Dishwasher/Cashier/Line cook (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, fun staff
Cons: flipping burgers, mopping floors, boiling kitchen
I enjoyed working at Five Guys because the environment was fun. The staff have a good energy and we are encouraged to engage with the customers. Minimum wage isn't always so appealing, and neither is making fries or mopping the floor, but it was a great first job.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is somewhat a decent place to work
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 21, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: they push for the sense of urgency which can be annoying to yourself and the customer
- keeps yourself busy throughout the shift
- learned customer service
- management is somewhat fair depending on the person managing
- co-workers sometimes work well together depending on their personality
- hardest part of the job is to keep busy during dead hours
- most enjoyable part of the job is cooking and eating the food
not recomended as a good place to work
Area Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours no job securtiy
this company may be considered by some as disorganized and there are many empt promises made. I would not recomend working for them
Productive and fun work enviroment
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: the staff and managers, you recieved a free meal each shift, as well as bonus you could recieve while working
Cons: i would just say the closing shift and when it came to cleaning.
This company is for people that are out going and love to work in a fast pace work environment. This company treated there employees really good and the job came with some really good intensives. This job is all about time management when it comes to preparation in the morning to making meals to closing time and clean up. A typical day would be opening – more... and preparing food, serving up to sometimes a few hundred people in an hour or two. The closing shift was cleaning from top to bottom, I will say that was no walk in the park, but at the end I always felt proud because I ate there so I know that the cleaning standards are high and you don't have to worry about sitting in a dirty dining room or cook in a dirty kitchen it was always clean. – less
Productive, energetic workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free llunches
Cons: poor management styles
I liked the environment and the food, but the management was poor, the security and trust in the employees was very poor as well.
Not a stable environment
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The management at said establishment were completely unprofessional worst place i have ever worked.
Fun and exciting environment to work in
Customer Service (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, shopper score bonuses
Ive learned time management and customer service while working at Five Guys. This store is a constantly upbeat, positive environment that makes anyones day just a little better. I enjoy working with the other employees which makes work much more enjoyable.
Its a great company
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), middleberg heightsAugust 19, 2014
Pros: bonus checks
Cons: long shifts
5 guys is all about great customer service. If your a hard worker you will enjoy the job along with the benefits it has to offer.
ok moving on
Assistant Manager/Acting General Manager (Former Employee), saratoga springs, new yorkAugust 8, 2014
Faced paced fun environment, moving on, I learned very much about the business world and management requirements. Hardest part of job is keeping everyone satisfied to the fullest extent. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bonus money and food

1 2 3 4 5