A leading manufacturer of Sports Nutrition Products is currently seeking one full-time Production Worker to work afternoons Monday – Friday, (2:30pm to 11:00 pm), and/or Saturday’s. The incumbent will be responsible to assist in all the phases of the production manufacturing process. The incumbent will perform machine operation of the product, packing of product into containers for shipment, load/unload pallets, and maintain daily quotas & QC product standards. This position reports directly to the Line Leaders, Production Supervisor, and/or Production Manager.
- Day to day running of a production line, in order to maintain the flow of product for product quality, and quantity of work
- Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, and supplies
- Follow the required company SOP’s, GMP’s, and Health and Safety Standards
- Follow all QC protocols and direction from QC staff pertaining to raw material packaging and finished product quality standards
- Responsible for productivity and quality control for assigned production process
- Ensure accuracy of all production data including; dates, labels, and packaging
- Effective running of all relevant equipment, reporting any equipment defects to the appropriate supervisor
- Ensure product being packed to highest quality and as per customer spec. Ensure product being packed is in proper container, tray, bag, and box.
- Ensure standards are followed when weighing product
- Set up machinery ensuring all production materials are available
- Operate, monitor equipment, and replenish materials as needed
- Visually inspect production run
- Determine and report equipment malfunctions to appropriate parties
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area
- Assist in the final inspection and packaging process
- Rotates through various positions on the line
- Suggest ideas to continuously improve productivity and efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Grade 12 preferred with experience preferably in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Prior food production/manufacturing machine operation experience preferred
- GMP, Food Safety Certificate, or similar regulatory experience preferred
- Must have CSA approved safety boots
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the English language (both written and verbal)
- Must understand, adhere to and practice company SOP’s, GMP’s, and company safety, and security policies
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others, must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy of work assignments
- Candidates with Fork Lift Certification or First Aid Level 1 Certification preferred.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions, some lifting of up to 50 lbs of supplies and materials from time to time
Interested Candidates please submit their resumes by Fax at (604)468-0235 before Jan 31, 2013. A competitive salary & benefit package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard