Fisheries And Oceans Canada

Fisheries And Oceans Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
Assistant Resource Manager (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCApril 23, 2015
I loved working here and hope to work here again it was an amazing job and the employees were awesome. I learned alot of things about alot of stuff.
Great company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 14, 2015
Enjoyed working here thoroughly. My co-workers were great, and I learned a lot.
Great Experience in the Medical Field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 11, 2014
Overview of Duties:
• Greet patients in office and on telephone
• Schedule appointments and meetings (Client Master Program)
• Confirm patient appointments, prepare treatment rooms, gather and record patient – more... information
• Process health insurance claims and service payments
• Assist patients with selection of Physiotherapy/Osteopathic products
• Entrusted with day-end responsibilities
• Create, update, and complete medical consent forms (Microsoft Word)

Working at Sparx Wellness Institute gave me great experience working in the medical field. I worked for three Physiotherapists, two Osteopaths, and five Massage Therapists. I was involved with the scheduling of patient appointments, preparing patient rooms and medical equipment, among other tasks. It was a great working atmosphere. – less
Good place to work if you like copying and pasting without question
Senior Procurement Officer - Construction (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2014
Good place to work if you like copying and pasting without question and not being asked what you think.
International Affairs Directorate, Scheduling Assistant
Acting Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2014
Not only am I already quite capable of multi-tasking, working as the scheduling assistant for the Director General for the international affairs directorate, allowed me to enhance my skills, learn how – more... to properly and effectively work under pressure and work in team environment.

My Managment was very supportive, and prepared to encorporate new ideas and procedures to enhance daily routine, which I enjoyed bringing forward and applying.

The most difficult part of my job were some of my co-workers as a few were not adding to the team effectively. Some were rude and condescending to superiors and peers. It was difficult to engage them, or want to be near them. – less
Great people and enjoyable atmosphere
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: commuting via translink!
The day usually consisted of helping users with applications and passwords being the main issues. This was by phone, email or a desk side visit. I learned many of the in-house applications and the issues – more... involved with upgrading to Win 7.
The management was excellent. They were very approachable and issues could be discussed in an open manner. My co-workers were really great with a free flow of collaboration and sharing of ideas.
There was no really hard part of the job other than dealing with a virus or spam attack which was very time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to client issues, helping them and building great relationships with them. I have missed them all. – less
Excellent organization to work for. Great work culture/environment despite uncertainities in current climate.
RECOVERY BIOLOGIST (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: worked from home. able to work independently on my own timetable.
Cons: no job security. no opportunities for permanent employment.
Great learning environment. Constant challenges. Frequently given new tasks, which helped break the mundane day-to-day activities. Many opportunities to learn and grow in my career. Networking opportunities were available.
Balanced work environment with talent.
Aquaculture Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Andrews, New Brunswick, CanadaNovember 15, 2011
I enjoyed the team spirit and collective work ethic working with this government organization. Coworkers were supportive and provided an environment that was exceptional for continued learning, growth and advancement.