Fisheries And Oceans Canada

Fisheries And Oceans Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people and enjoyable atmosphere
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: commuting via translink!
The day usually consisted of helping users with applications and passwords being the main issues. This was by phone, email or a desk side visit. I learned many of the in-house applications and the issues involved with upgrading to Win 7.
The management was excellent. They were very approachable and issues could be discussed in an open manner. My co-workers – more... were really great with a free flow of collaboration and sharing of ideas.
There was no really hard part of the job other than dealing with a virus or spam attack which was very time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to client issues, helping them and building great relationships with them. I have missed them all. – less
Balanced work environment with talent.
Aquaculture Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Andrews, New Brunswick, CanadaNovember 15, 2011
I enjoyed the team spirit and collective work ethic working with this government organization. Coworkers were supportive and provided an environment that was exceptional for continued learning, growth and advancement.
Good place to gain experience
Contractor (Current Employee), Burlington, OnFebruary 12, 2012
Started here as a 3rd year student (summer job). Gained a lot of valuable work experience, from the field work to in-office work. Was able to get an internship there once I graduated, gained even more experience, became responsible for the crew and equipment in the field, and maintaining gear, etc.