Fisheries And Oceans Canada

Fisheries And Oceans Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work if you like copying and pasting without question
Senior Procurement Officer - Construction (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2014
Good place to work if you like copying and pasting without question and not being asked what you think.
International Affairs Directorate, Scheduling Assistant
Acting Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2014
Not only am I already quite capable of multi-tasking, working as the scheduling assistant for the Director General for the international affairs directorate, allowed me to enhance my skills, learn how to properly and effectively work under pressure and work in team environment.

My Managment was very supportive, and prepared to encorporate new ideas – more... and procedures to enhance daily routine, which I enjoyed bringing forward and applying.

The most difficult part of my job were some of my co-workers as a few were not adding to the team effectively. Some were rude and condescending to superiors and peers. It was difficult to engage them, or want to be near them. – less
Great people and enjoyable atmosphere
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: commuting via translink!
The day usually consisted of helping users with applications and passwords being the main issues. This was by phone, email or a desk side visit. I learned many of the in-house applications and the issues involved with upgrading to Win 7.
The management was excellent. They were very approachable and issues could be discussed in an open manner. My co-workers – more... were really great with a free flow of collaboration and sharing of ideas.
There was no really hard part of the job other than dealing with a virus or spam attack which was very time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to client issues, helping them and building great relationships with them. I have missed them all. – less
Excellent organization to work for. Great work culture/environment despite uncertainities in current climate.
RECOVERY BIOLOGIST (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: worked from home. able to work independently on my own timetable.
Cons: no job security. no opportunities for permanent employment.
Great learning environment. Constant challenges. Frequently given new tasks, which helped break the mundane day-to-day activities. Many opportunities to learn and grow in my career. Networking opportunities were available.
Good place to gain experience
Contractor (Current Employee), Burlington, OnFebruary 12, 2012
Started here as a 3rd year student (summer job). Gained a lot of valuable work experience, from the field work to in-office work. Was able to get an internship there once I graduated, gained even more experience, became responsible for the crew and equipment in the field, and maintaining gear, etc.