POSITION: QA/QC Coordinator
LOCATION: Fort Hills Site
14 days on 7 days off
Pay to match previous experience
The goal of Quality Assurance and Quality Control is to ensure strict adherence to engineering and site standards set forth by the client and/or government. The role of the QA/QC Coordinator is to improve work quality by reviewing products assembled by field personnel and through proper record keeping. An in-depth knowledge and understanding of construction details and best practices are required to help identify areas of concern and/or deficiencies which are immediately rectified before construction is complete. Strong interpersonal skills will aid the QA/QC Coordinator when coordinating with field supervision on the quality of work being produced. These skills are also used when interacting with clients during the preparation and final walk down phases of projects. This position requires attention to detail as well as knowledge of computer programs and their functionality to assemble turnover packages. The QA/QC Coordinator is also charged with the creation, maintenance and adherence to Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Approved ITPs are included in turnover documentation and must be kept current at all times. Regular visits to site for witness and hold points are required to ensure policies and procedures are followed and then recorded on ITPs.
- Review project Scope of Work
- Create/develop Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)
- Oversee hold, test and witness points
- Advise field supervision on areas of concern and or construction deficiencies
- Record field data into exhibits for Turnover Packages
- Red-line drawings to advise clients on field construction/installation changes
- Create Requests for Information (RFIs), sent to clients and coordinate responses with field supervision
- Perform final walk down with clients to ensure construction completeness
- Update, review and ensure adherence to the company Quality Manual
Equipment Operated: computer, printer, inspection and testing equipment, light duty vehicles
- Vision, hearing, speaking, eye-hand coordination is required
- Attention, reading, math, writing, and computer use required
- Indoor office environment with some noise.
- Outdoor environment with noise, pollution, weather, etc.
- Required to complete site safety training such as CSTS
- In-depth knowledge of construction details and engineering standards
- Strong background in the Electrical Industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as strong keyboarding skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize job responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment
- Time management skills and ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with supervision and clients
- Willingness to learn; perseverance through high pressure situations
- Education and Experience: Red Seal Journeyman Ticket, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and three (3) years of QA/QC experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago