Fisher Powerline Construction Ltd. ‘Fisher – PLC’ is an aboriginal-owned company headquartered in the Wood Buffalo region. We are IS Networld and PICS approved contractor. We are also recognized and in excellent standing with WCB, NAABA, IBEW, CanQual and RED Link.
Fisher – PLC offers construction and maintenance services for both overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. We work with substations utilizing both hot and cold line work methods at various voltages.
POSITION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Reporting directly to the Fisher Powerline Construction Ltd. ‘Fisher – PLC’ Project Manager, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for design, development and maintenance of electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
The incumbent will conduct all activities in a manner that supports Fisher – PLC’s Core Guiding Principles as well as, adherence to all established Policies and Procedures.
This permanent full-time hourly position is based on a shift rotation of 14 days on and 7 days off. Hours of Work per Day: 7:00am to 5:30pm. Work schedule is subject to be revised based on the Client’s requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products;
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes;
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks;
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements;
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications;
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards;
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects;
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment;
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget;
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements;
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures;
- Plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines and stations;
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs; and,
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Four year engineering or related technical degree from an accredited college or university is required;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant P & C experience, and in the design of electric utility systems;
- A minimum of 5 (five) years professional experience in the oil and gas industries;
- Professional Engineering registration with APEGGA in the province of Alberta is required;
- Construction Safety Training System ‘CSTS’ and Oil Sands Safety Association ‘OSSA’ certifications are required;
- Valid Class five (5) Alberta Driver’s License, along with a clean five (5) year abstract is required;
- Experience with high voltage substation, transmission, distribution design and construction is required;
- Experience in PLS Cad would be an asset;
- Excellent maths, science, and information technology skills;
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly;
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams;
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions;
- Confident decision-making ability;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently; and,
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
When applying, please quote competition #: HR14-0013.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Fisher PLC offers construction and maintenance services for both overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. We work...