Fisher Investments

Fisher Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Benefits
Junior Support Specialist (JSS) (Current Employee), Camas, WashingtonOctober 7, 2014
FIsher has a great opportunity for employees to work and maintain a lifestyle outside of work with their flexible work life schedules and benefits.
Great company. Awesome team atmosphere. Good opp. for advancement.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Loved working here would be an understatement. This whole company is setup on the basis of teaching and training you to be not only an expert in your position but also any others that may interest you. I only left because I had to move otherwise I would have stayed there for the rest of my working career.
Could use some work from a management prospective
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 23, 2014
The company promotes depth and breadth within the employee, which presents challenges in the work place. Many people have no clue what they do because they turn into career managers. The system makes it difficult to build transferable skills to be hired at other companies.
Great first job out of college
Investment Associate - Private Client Group (Current Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: great health benefits & 401k match
This is a great place to begin understanding the nitty gritty financial services industry.
Punitive and restrictive environement
Client Operations Associate (Current Employee), Camas, WADecember 5, 2013
Pros: co-workers are young and great.
Cons: long hours, low pay, highly monitored environment and weak management
- This role is highly punitive. You are under constant watch by management and others around you.
-Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork.
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 4, 2013
Outbound calls to prospective clients. Made cold calls from call list. Promoted investment products.
Enjoyable place of employment
Receptionist (Current Employee), San Mateo, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: free medical benefits
Cons: short breaks and lunches
Typically my day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 4:30 PM. I have enhanced my skills as a Receptionist by listening to key details and needs of clients. I work well with my co-workers and they work well with me. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client that's very unhappy. The key to changing that situation is to listen to the client and details – more... they express. Offer compassion and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team and the fact that I don't take my job home with me. – less
Solid Place to work
Investment Counselor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
Great experience, yet I had to leave the roll early to move back east to be family.
bad place to work
SA (Current Employee), san mateoJuly 21, 2013
chaos, chaos and more chaos. No leadership, heavy micromanagement and no direction
Great place to launch a career
Account Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Camas, WAApril 24, 2013
Pros: provide a worthwhile service to high net worth clients, culture, knowledgeable management and a good reputation within the industry of asset management.
Cons: only 3 offices (all on the west coast), industry can be somewhat volatile due to stock market volatility and investing in equities, longer hours for those who work in management.
Overall, an excellent place to work. The training is top-notch and you are given the opportunity to learn a lot about financial markets and the responsibilities of your particular role.

You are expected to work very hard, but with that comes knowledge and opportunity. The culture is competitive but also cooperative, which makes for an excellent learning – more... environment.

Long story short, I spent several years with the firm and I learned as much about myself as I did Fisher Investments and what it takes to be successful. Although it is not a firm that would be a fit for everyone (they are very selective about hiring the best candidates) I am impressed with the firm and would recommend to others. – less
Growing industry
Intern/Junior Associate (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: i have potential to grow within the company, i enjoy my co-workers and manager.
Cons: short breaks, routined work
Fisher Investments is a private wealth money management firm that is headquartered off Woodside California. Fisher Investments services in high net worth individuals and also institutions throughout Unites States, UK, and Canada.
I am working for Fisher Investments currently as a Junior Associate role; which is also known as a “JA”. A JA has accountability – more... to be alert and ready for any emails, phone call requests, campaigns, etc. I get assigned different campaigns which require me to speak to new prospects and clients. The campaigns vary as I get assigned weekly.
I am building my understanding of analyzing and tracking how investments are passed, transferred, and broken up from one account to another, identifying gains and losses and showing how they total up to affect the main entity. – less
Moneh Management Firm
Investment Counselor (Former Employee), Woodside, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Money Management firm. Pfrimary relathionship manager between 30 clients and the Investment Policy Committee. Deal with client's investment objectives.
Great workplace, great culture, and high growth opportunity.
Junior Associate (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 1, 2012
It's not everyday that you can find a company that emphasizes transparency like Fisher Investments (FI) does. From the cubicle-less work area to the glass walls, FI ensures everyone is on the same playing field in terms of awareness within the firm's activities regardless of whether you are an entry-level associate or a team leader. Team leaders sit – more... in the same space as the associates - no personal offices, secretaries, or anything like that. Sure, they have more responsibilities but FI believes everyone can learn from one another regardless of position title.

This stress on transparency really shapes and forms the firm's culture and thus becomes a company that is unlike others, really. The other highlight of FI is its belief in internal growth and horizontal movement. – less
A productive workplace with strong growth potential
Premier Service Group Account Executive (Current Employee), Woodside, CAMay 13, 2012
Pros: transparency, good pay, growth potential
Cons: managers don't write recommendations, no tuition reimbursement
This firm will reward you the harder you work. In other words, it's not too hard to "shine" as an employee and move relatively quickly if you play the "game" right. Just make sure to follow the rules, do your job, do your job well, and you'll be in a good position to move vertically. It's a "walls down" type of environment where senior management is – more... constantly around. So, it's not too hard to get noticed for all the right reasons (and the wrong reasons). Once again, play the game right.

Everyone seems pretty happy here. Benefits and pay are good relative to the industry. The firm also encourages horizontal movement across all departments. There's a good possibility that an employee's job in the next 5 years doesn't even exist yet since the company is still expanding. It's not tiny by any means; it's sizable. Innovation continues to take place giving it potential for growth.

The hardest part about the job is not knowing precisely what you need to do to get promoted. This concept is probably not foreign to people outside of this company. However, it would be nice if the career path wasn't so ambiguous.

I love the people and positive vibe in the company. It's nice to know that the majority of your life spent during the week is around people you can get along with. The money is good, too. The day-to-day progression of "moving the needle" is also exciting to experience. – less

About Fisher Investments

Fisher Investments is an independent, privately-owned money management firm serving institutions and affluent individuals primarily – Read more

Fisher Investments Photos