Fiserv

Fiserv Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for. The benefits and managers are great and appreciate a work life balance. The job culture is easy to adjust to and employees are easy to get along with. Facilities are well kept and easy to navigate.
proof operator
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relax atomsphere
Cons: no breaks
I would encode check for a bank and ensure that the dollar amount match the written amount. If their was an issue regard a incorrect amount I would write an corrective action ticket for the next department to research.
Productive work place, friendly staff
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), lidcombe, NSWMarch 16, 2015
Cons: short hours
A typical day at Fiserv for me includes answering phone calls, directing couriers, customer service, Microsoft outlook, data entry using Excel, operating machinery, filing, faxing, Sending out mail, maintaining a clean and tidy work area.

I love my co-workers, we all get along very well and i think if they weren't there; work would be a drag, having a strong relationship with your co-workers i feel is very important because you know that in times of need you know you have someone to have your back.

I think the hardest part is having really aggressive customers they can really bring you down but its important to remember not to take it personally.
Customer Service Electronic Payment Services
Banking Bill Pay Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: time breaks down to the minute, piling extra work, expecting overtime, too many employees leaving
The jobs was stressful, as they wanted all employees cross trained in several other positions and sometimes without notice you were switched to a different platform to work. That is stressful and requires quickly changing gears. Supervisors look the other way, and are definitely not people friendly and you must watch your back. Read your annual reviews carefully because they will write false claims about you as an employee. Human Resource Dept not helpful with any issues you may have, and are more than likely to back management and not the employee, so be careful there. Long term employees who had worked 10 years or more began to leave, and management didn't seem to care nor ask why they would want to leave. You are paid adequately, but raises are few and far between. 1-2% is normal, and some years none at all. Fiserv constantly brings in new business and expects already overburdened employees to keep up and do more and more work each day, and pretty soon, more employees seem to be leaving faster than they can hire new ones. Only a good job temporarily.
Not a great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: work remotely, could wear jeans every firday
Cons: lack of leadership, poor management skills, never given a direction to go in
You would come into work and start your day. I was supposed to have weekly meetings with the VP I supported since he worked out of North Carolina. Working with a remote manager was very difficult at times. Poor communication between me and my manager. I had no co-workers since I was working for a remote manager for a department outside of King of Prussia.
Strong and stable company that is on the cutting edge
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: team environment - everyone contributes
Focused management team that listens to the market and to clients to deliver the next best product in the industry. Ranked extremely high with customer satisfaction levels and continue to strive for success in the financial industry.
great oppertunity
ASK Staffing Contractor (Former Employee), FiservMarch 6, 2015
Pros: cheap lunch on site
Cons: national company that could share resources from one to the location better
All initiatives supported by executive level positions
middle management get and given very clear directives.
all second level issues could be resolved with effort
The office environment is comfortable, spacious, very attractive. Good modern machines, no too noisy. availability of protective devices for workers.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: provision of uniforms, protective devices, first aid drugs, provision of free launch. clean working environment.
Cons: wages are low compare with the job.
I get to the Office at 7 O'clock. After swiping my I D Card, I go to the Office and straight to my department. I tidy up my table and offer prayers to God to protect me and any colleagues throughout the day. I then check my schedule to see if I have any outstanding work from the previous day and complete them.

Managers are always anxious to see that everyone is at post. They go round to check that everything is set for the day's work. I see my colleague workers all in a hurried mood to settle to avoid the wrath of any Supervisor.

The hardest part of the job at the production floor is standing on your feet for a greater part of the day. One only have time during the launch time and break times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when everyone has done a good job and are submitting our reports. During that time, we have chance to converse with friends the challenges we were able to overcome to enable us to complete our jobs.
Fast environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great meal plan, awesome incentives (bonuses, etc)
Cons: short breaks/lunches. company is more about the numbers and what you can do for the company
I take an average of 100 calls a day, I have to be able to multitask to be able to complete a phone call, fill out a report all the while listening and answering any questions my customer may have. My atmosphere is fun and enjoyable and I love working with my co-workers. They help to make a potential highly stressful situation into a more interesting one.
Review
Database Production Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: consistent automations
Cons: automation improvements required less people
The company was good to work for in that it provided most of the latest technical equipment and software to consistently meet the clients needs.
I like working for this company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
The benefits were great. The lunch room was awesome. The cafeteria menu was great. Since the call center is 24hrs they had very flexible schedules
Great to work for a developer
Product Development Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Nice cordial work environment to work on some awesome retail banking products. Work directly with clients or work on core product development
Great employer for working parents
Senior Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, telecommuting
Cons: below market pay scale
Flexible hours are convenient and there is an opportunity to learn and wear many different hats. Telecommuting is a nice perk
workday
IT Database Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: you're constantly learing new technoligy.
Cons: you're constantly findinding ways to streamline the process which in turn will disolve positions.
A typical workday would start with getting all our clients to send their work in early so that we can start processing it asap.

This can be challenging sometimes due to loss connectivity, communication issues, or lack of personnel.

Once all input is in we can start our update process which will update all of our clients accounts and maintain and updated database online for client access.

The best feeling about this is when everything is received and processed in a timely manner.

Everyone is happy and all is good.
Sr. HR Generalist
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), North Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: community support, employee appreciation, supportive management team, team atmosphere
Cons: client acquisition led to closing of branch.
I supported facility by working with employee base managing performance management, compensation plans, compliance, benefit administration including negotiation and roll out of plans, provide legal guidance, maintain accurate records in accordance to established Affirmative Action Plan and applicable employment law. I was responsible for all aspects of recruiting and onboarding process, payroll, COBRA administration, disability, and workers compensation. I was also involved in achieving employer excellence by implementing employee incentive and motivational programs and acted as liaison between company and community in supporting local charities.
Great leadership team
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pto and shift differentials
Cons: angry/rude customers
Job can be somewhat stressful but will provide an opportunity to step up your customer service skills in areas such as: efficiency, deescalation, and overall communication and interpersonal skills.
Good management experience
Product Manager (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 17, 2015
During my career at Fiserv, I have had a good experience with management in listening to my thoughts and taking my opinions into perspective.
Good work culture in Fiserv US
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Warren, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Good work culture in Fiserv US, not in Fiserv India. Good work life balance in the US, good people and talent around in the company.
Great if you've given up on life
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: easy to find parking spot
Cons: the lack of management involvement, no benefits, mediocre pay.
Terrible hours
Mediocre pay
No opportunity for advancement
Uninvolved and undereducated management
No benefits
If you've given up on your career this is an excellent position to consider
This was a great place to work with many challenges.
Controller / Business Unit Financial Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: ability to setup and manage an accounting department, learn solomon software and be part of the executive management team.
Cons: having fiserv transfer the accounting department to texas.
Since this subsidiary has bee consolidated into another Fiserv subsidiary I feel it would not be beneficial to post a detailed review.

About Fiserv

Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.