Fiserv Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced , work friendly environment
Bindery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 9, 2015
Run and operate folding machinery inspect and pack finished product. Long hours at times but the time flies by because your having fun.
Stay Away
project manager (Former Employee) –  sugar landAugust 1, 2015
This is not the Fiserv financial company--it is output solutions, the print shop.

Most of the folks there have been there from 20 yrs ago when it was a small print shop--they still think the same way. No new ideas acceptable. Same CEO who started the company and operates like a one man show. He throws around the "f" bomb on conference calls and refers to the female employees as the "girls".

Staff runs around trying to identify someone who is breaking an HR rule and the 1-800 # is lit up. You have to walk on egg shells every day for fear of breathing in the wrong direction. When you report mgt. for unethical and illegal actions, HR will retaliate against you.

Co. makes promises to clients that they can't deliver . Employees are asked to lie to client and make the contract a success even though it can't happen.

No support for employees for further education and growth. If you are female, hot and are in w/ the CEO, you will go places. If not hot and not female, you will not go anywhere.
Pros
It was close to where I lived
Cons
unethical; toxic enivronment; dysfunctional people
Good Supportive Environment at Fiserv
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 18, 2015
Its a cool place to work at. Good work culture, many projects, flexible work hour. Cooperative team members and good friends to make.
Pros
Stable work environment
Cons
Not so fast growth
Customer Service Electronic Payment Services
Banking Bill Pay Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
The jobs was stressful, as they wanted all employees cross trained in several other positions and sometimes without notice you were switched to a different platform to work. That is stressful and requires quickly changing gears. Supervisors look the other way, and are definitely not people friendly and you must watch your back. Read your annual reviews carefully because they will write false claims about you as an employee. Human Resource Dept not helpful with any issues you may have, and are more than likely to back management and not the employee, so be careful there. Long term employees who had worked 10 years or more began to leave, and management didn't seem to care nor ask why they would want to leave. You are paid adequately, but raises are few and far between. 1-2% is normal, and some years none at all. Fiserv constantly brings in new business and expects already overburdened employees to keep up and do more and more work each day, and pretty soon, more employees seem to be leaving faster than they can hire new ones. Only a good job temporarily.
Pros
close to home
Cons
time breaks down to the minute, piling extra work, expecting overtime, too many employees leaving
No Training. ENTIRE team was on anxiety medication
Bank Solutions - Client Technical Product Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093May 15, 2016
Took this position and held for 8 months (as this is all I could take). Never had I needed anti-anxiety medication until this job (and I found out literally our whole team was on it). There is absolutely no training. The "knowledge solution" database for answers to client questions has been abandoned YEARS ago. Constant consolidation of departments and products so you cannot keep up. You are in the dark. Your clients’ work in banks and need answers to very complex questions NOW. You have to remote into their computer and act like you know what you are doing. You open a ticket, say you will contact them back, and then pray you can ask a coworker for the answer (even though you are capable of finding answers to questions at previous jobs). It is literally horrible. The only positive thing was the beautiful office space and the wonderful benefits. I would never recommend this job to a friend and I would pray that I never end up in a position like this again. Feeling hopeless to do your job leaves you feeling helpless, and this is never a good feeling. I WISH it had been different. I wanted a long time career with Fiserv when I applied (having used some of their other products while at other Financial Firms for 15 years).
Benefits
Cons
No training, high turnover, lack of management capacity to care
Poor Management in Amherst
Associate (Former Employee) –  AmherstJuly 15, 2015
Very poorly run office. Management is unresponsive, unwilling, uncooperative and lazy. Coworkers are really nasty in Cash Management and the management allows this, even listening to some employees about who can sit where. They take on large projects that they are not prepared for and expect employees to work the extra hours to make up for this.
Even upper level management is rude, they tell everyone they are available and have an open door policy but will come out guns blazing when something goes wrong even when they don't fully understand the issue or the fact that it was management that made the mistake in the first place.
Go to the callboard and select cases familiar with. Later in day call clients that are closed and put to no anwer.
CUSA Support Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 13, 2015
Gained very invaluable insight to the small Credit Unions processes for daily functionality. The most enjoyable part of the job...I enjoyed the pace at which I was able to work and had my own laptop. Had the opportunity to work remotely from home if wanted to. I enjoyed selecting cases that I felt were somewhat easy that I could handle in order to meet my goal of 10-12 cases closed per day.
Pros
Free lunch periodically and at end of month
Cons
Lack of adequate training
Professional atmosphere and fairly autonomous working conditions, both of which appealed to me.
Project Manager/Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Home based officeApril 12, 2016
In my job, a typical day consisted of coordinating customer calls to advance active projects, arranging internal calls/meetings to address Fiserv issues on behalf of customers, and compiling data from customer responses related to new product marketing efforts. In addition, I produced various tracking reports for distribution to executive management. I learned how to effectively manage my time without the need for supervision and direction. Most first-line managers were great to work with, understanding of the constant sales/quota pressure, and extremely supportive during periods of intense sales campaigns. Every one of my co-workers put in extra effort to address upper management directives and cared deeply about customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was trying to gather necessary staff for the unusually high number of meetings that took place, always on short notice. The most enjoyable part of the job was my interaction with customers, some of whom I had known for years and with whom I had developed close working relationships.
Pros
Independence in daily working conditions and a relaxed approach to time off, as long as required work was completed and delivered on time.
Cons
Average benefits; few opportunities for advancement.
Does not care about employees and bad managers.
Systems Administrator, Senior (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 18, 2015
I caught a preview of a job posting that fiserv cares about it's employees and has good managers. Bunk ! Do not believe it. First off why would they have to point this out if it was already true. I assure it is "Not". The management I was forced to endure would say and do anything to protect their self interests and I will guarantee you it is not in the best interest of an employee. They will on purpose tear you apart and set you up to end your career. Who wants a so called good manager who's intellect consists of "You are going to do what we tell you".
Pros
none. only exists for favored employees.
Cons
a boys club. favoritism and cronyism. bad management.
very nice work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is solving the customers problems and making their day better. I have learned how to manage my time better,and how to provide excellent customer service. My coworkers are very easy going, and fun to be around.
Pros
meal plan, healthcare
Cons
n/a
very friendly, happy place to work in.
Account Balancing (Former Employee) –  Perth WAAugust 2, 2015
very happy inviroment, people were very helpful to each other.
i learned to balance accounts with no limits or pressure, as that made my learning very easy and enjoyable. the most enjoyable part of the job was just beeing there it was a great job, I was quite sad having to leave as Fiserv was closing down and there was less work coming in, and more people were beeing let go. there was no hard parts of the job. Management was wonderful.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
not enough hours
strong knowledge
Unix System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 20, 2015
learn new banking technology for processing debit, credit transactions under unix environment.
good management, and nice co-workers.
Excellent to work and learn all aspects of end of year processes
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed learning billing and revising critical documents that had to be submitted to the IRS. I corrected all errors that had been submitted by individual companies.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
temp job assignement
Amicable workplace with friendly workers and staff.
Production Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Productive. Generally a great place to work. I learned a lot about many different machines and had a very good rapport with all my fellow workers. There weren't too many difficulties at the job and I enjoyed the employee functions at Christmas time and so too the games and fun that went along with Employee Appreciation Week.
Sr. HR Generalist
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I supported facility by working with employee base managing performance management, compensation plans, compliance, benefit administration including negotiation and roll out of plans, provide legal guidance, maintain accurate records in accordance to established Affirmative Action Plan and applicable employment law. I was responsible for all aspects of recruiting and onboarding process, payroll, COBRA administration, disability, and workers compensation. I was also involved in achieving employer excellence by implementing employee incentive and motivational programs and acted as liaison between company and community in supporting local charities.
Pros
community support, employee appreciation, supportive management team, team atmosphere
Cons
client acquisition led to closing of branch.
Productive, fun to work at
Conversion Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2016
Was able to travel to different states and meet my clients face to face. Provided the opportunity to expand and grow. Opportunity to take class to improve your skills. Managers are great leaders.
Pros
Free lunches, incentive gifts
Cons
no cons.
Typical cube farm. An experienced staff.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2016
I received assignments and completed them as quickly and accurately as I could.
People are encouraged to work as a team and are willing to answer questions.
Enjoyed solving issues and creating unique solutions for the clients I supported.
Pros
Staff is very professional. Subsidized snacks.
Cons
Lots of experience walking out the door.
Okay company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENGOctober 19, 2015
Good work life balance, manage your own workload not micro managed good people but lack of direction from the top. Better strategy needed.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
lack of direction
Great Team Work
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 21, 2015
There was lot of team work in the Billing Department. My colleagues made the role enjoyable. Management decisions complicated our work load but we achieved our goals because of the strong team work and shared work ethic.
Pros
Employees supported each other and there was a lot of a variety in what I did each day
Cons
Management was not always accessible due to constant meetings.
Fun place to work
Card Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Great atmosphere, associates are always a pleasure to be around.
I love to help customers with any and everything. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work overtime as much as I like to.
Pros
big cafeteria
Cons
short breaks