Fiserv Employee Reviews

Overworked and treated as non-human
Senior Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 25, 2016
You can not have a life working for this company.

Typical day, read emails of issues and things you must get done today. If you know how to say no and mean it, you will do well. If you want to be helpful, you will be taken advantage off. There is nothing but more escalated deadlines of crazy for no reason other than it's supposed to save the company money. The management does not see the long road. There is a very HIGH turnover rate.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Never stop working
Work hard, but manager gives us a game day and we play ping pong.
Inserter Operator Il (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 25, 2016
Work hard, but at least once a month the manager buys everyone lunch and give us more than just 30 minutes then. I've learned a since of teamwork; everyone depends on each other to do the job right the first time. That starts from the CEO and comes down to the workers, and it flows so smoothly. The hardest part of the job is missing a deadline due to no fault of your own; via a machine problem.
Pros
Great healthcare, 401k
Regular hours, friendly co-worker, good pay
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairway, KSFebruary 25, 2016
Good night job while going to college but worked til 1-2 am.
Easy work processing bank deposits, matching, balancing, totaling and printing reports.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
late night shift/Business relocated to another city
It's working so far
Manager - digital payments (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Fiserv is one of those companies that should be failing, but stubbornly, isn't. The "acquire and incorporate" model has been very successful, as evidenced by the meteoric increase in FSV stock. So, one must concede it's working.

The digital banking and payments services are thinly supported and difficult to upgrade. Projects are extremely complex and long, but Fiserv seems to invest just enough to keep the old tools going until they can acquire the next. This multi-platform lack of integration causes some customer angst, but the alternatives are few and switching costs are high. Preferring to buy rather than build innovation, the challenge comes in pegging together the disparate units and systems into a comprehensive whole.

Operationally, Fiserv is very lean, and as a manager it always feels like you're just barely on the right side of starving. But the money saved seems to be invested well, and Fiserv continues to be perceived as market leader. they do pretty good internal and external PR to sustain that positioning. Morale in most units is subsequently pretty good.

If considering Fiserv, make sure you're joining a group on the upswing, as units/segments that have plateaued are unsurprisingly and unceremoniously stripped to support growth areas. I think the cultural/economic trends (financial industry and consumers switching to digital/mobile) lifting this sector are more powerful than Fiserv's competence at integration. So as long as those trends continue, Fiserv, and especially certain high growth units within, will remain a good place to be.

And that stock just
  more... keeps going up and up.  less
Pros
Nice Alpharetta office, good morale, strong stock
Cons
Highly variable by business unit, lean operations, spotty manager skills
Good for New Graduate School
Senior Accounting Specialist - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Pros
-Provided learning experience
-Decent salary for a starter out of college
-Good work life balance
-Amazing culture with good coworkers

Cons
-No career advancement
-Limit job growth
-Many layoff
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Limited job growth
Overall a great place to work
Sr. Financial Analyst, FIG/Cards Services (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 20, 2016
Management is good and relatable. The pay just okay and don't have the incentive of bonus which has the potential to result in a lot of turnover.
Pros
Management, Great work environment
Cons
Compensation
The Work Place
IP Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2016
My typical day consisted of non stressful hours while on the job, I learned how to stay on task along with being focused for long periods of time. Along the way, we eventually learned how to become a team.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Bad attitudes
well managed company
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108February 16, 2016
The company I worked for was acquired by Fiserv. The transition was smooth and I gained much more responsibility. I was responsible for 1000+ employees on the West Coast.
very nice work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is solving the customers problems and making their day better. I have learned how to manage my time better,and how to provide excellent customer service. My coworkers are very easy going, and fun to be around.
Pros
meal plan, healthcare
Cons
n/a
Beware!!!!
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Facility of building is nice BUT..........
This is a production call center, every second of your day is watched. Basically a sweat shop call center.
Managers are a joke. They sit around in their cubicles talking about associates personal lives and random topics. Ask for help and you'd think you were asking the world from them. If you're performance does not meet their ridiculous numbers you are warned, then written up, yet they provide no support to help you improve, yet that is something they rave about.
Half the management staff has personal relationships with associates, providing fuel for the gossip mill.
Pay is ridiculous for this type of work, far below the U.S. Standard. I don't know anyone that can live on $10 an hour before benefits are taken out.
President of company is from another country and has already moved a small amount of jobs to his homeland.
Good Work Place
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Its a good place to work. I learned a lot in my current work place. I am currently working on L1B visa here. For my future career growth i need H1B visa hence i need to leave my current workplace.
Cons
Sends to US only on L1B visa.
They talk the talk, but can't walk the walk
Not provided to due to retrubition (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2016
Very good company to start, but with each change of middle and senior management the "Do the right thing" culture as continued to take a nose dive, forcing moral downward. Along with higher demands on time and effort, spur of the moment overtime with no firm end, and now no breaks and only 30 minutes for lunch after working 4 straight hours....Horrible place to become employed.
Middle management that believes in "management by intimidation" as a proper management style and they can't understand why turnover is 45+ percent each quarter.....very poor quality facility. I would NOT recommend coming to this facility as a production employee unless you are looking to learn the business and move on to greener pastures....NOT a place to make a career out of, as though management would allow that to happen anyway...
Pros
NONE
Cons
WAY TO MANY TO LIST
Product Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Fiserv is a great place to work. The learning opportunities are endless. I really love the culture of this company. The manager staff really cares about your needs as an employee. Great company!!!!
Good company to start one's carreer
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HRJanuary 21, 2016
Enjoyed working in the company. Team members were helpful. managers are good. food and transportation facility is good.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low salary hikes
Stability in Leadership is Shaky
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Call Center growth is limited and pay rates are marketably low. Benefits however are good and available on first day. Easy interview process and hiring is quick.
Great place to work but no room for advancements.
Production Generalist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2016
My typical day at work is managing several large client accounts to fulfill orders for credit and debit cards. I learned how to efficiently multitask different accounts and care for clients individually with the highest lever of customer care.
I feel that management is always taking the time to assist as needed. My co-workers and I work well as a team and perform quality work as a result. I would say the hardest part of my job is to always ensure that I meet deadlines proficiently.
I truly enjoy any challenge presented and beating said challenges as well as learning new information that I can use to utilize it for my job to the best of my abilities. I like to help with issues when someone is in need to help the company strive as a whole.
I have climbed as high as I can within the company and although I enjoy my position I need be able to grow moreso within a new company for advancements.
Pros
Stable fortune 500 company
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare beneifits
Loved working customer service at fiserv. Fun environment, and great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed this job, and highly regret leaving. For the most part, this was, hands down, one of the best places I have ever worked.
Typical cube farm. An experienced staff.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2016
I received assignments and completed them as quickly and accurately as I could.
People are encouraged to work as a team and are willing to answer questions.
Enjoyed solving issues and creating unique solutions for the clients I supported.
Pros
Staff is very professional. Subsidized snacks.
Cons
Lots of experience walking out the door.
Amicable workplace with friendly workers and staff.
Production Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Productive. Generally a great place to work. I learned a lot about many different machines and had a very good rapport with all my fellow workers. There weren't too many difficulties at the job and I enjoyed the employee functions at Christmas time and so too the games and fun that went along with Employee Appreciation Week.
Productive and fun with a relaxed atmosphere
Software Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Noida, UPJanuary 11, 2016
Worked here for only 8 months out which 3 were spent at an external facility on training. The company is fun, but hierarchical.