Fiserv

Fiserv Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great oppertunity
ASK Staffing Contractor (Former Employee), FiservMarch 6, 2015
Pros: cheap lunch on site
Cons: national company that could share resources from one to the location better
All initiatives supported by executive level positions
middle management get and given very clear directives.
all second level issues could be resolved with effort
The office environment is comfortable, spacious, very attractive. Good modern machines, no too noisy. availability of protective devices for workers.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: provision of uniforms, protective devices, first aid drugs, provision of free launch. clean working environment.
Cons: wages are low compare with the job.
I get to the Office at 7 O'clock. After swiping my I D Card, I go to the Office and straight to my department. I tidy up my table and offer prayers to God to protect me and any colleagues throughout the day. I then check my schedule to see if I have any outstanding work from the previous day and complete them.

Managers are always anxious to see that everyone is at post. They go round to check that everything is set for the day's work. I see my colleague workers all in a hurried mood to settle to avoid the wrath of any Supervisor.

The hardest part of the job at the production floor is standing on your feet for a greater part of the day. One only have time during the launch time and break times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when everyone has done a good job and are submitting our reports. During that time, we have chance to converse with friends the challenges we were able to overcome to enable us to complete our jobs.
Fast environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great meal plan, awesome incentives (bonuses, etc)
Cons: short breaks/lunches. company is more about the numbers and what you can do for the company
I take an average of 100 calls a day, I have to be able to multitask to be able to complete a phone call, fill out a report all the while listening and answering any questions my customer may have. My atmosphere is fun and enjoyable and I love working with my co-workers. They help to make a potential highly stressful situation into a more interesting one.
Review
Database Production Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: consistent automations
Cons: automation improvements required less people
The company was good to work for in that it provided most of the latest technical equipment and software to consistently meet the clients needs.
I like working for this company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
The benefits were great. The lunch room was awesome. The cafeteria menu was great. Since the call center is 24hrs they had very flexible schedules
Great to work for a developer
Product Development Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Nice cordial work environment to work on some awesome retail banking products. Work directly with clients or work on core product development
Great employer for working parents
Senior Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, telecommuting
Cons: below market pay scale
Flexible hours are convenient and there is an opportunity to learn and wear many different hats. Telecommuting is a nice perk
workday
IT Database Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: you're constantly learing new technoligy.
Cons: you're constantly findinding ways to streamline the process which in turn will disolve positions.
A typical workday would start with getting all our clients to send their work in early so that we can start processing it asap.

This can be challenging sometimes due to loss connectivity, communication issues, or lack of personnel.

Once all input is in we can start our update process which will update all of our clients accounts and maintain and updated database online for client access.

The best feeling about this is when everything is received and processed in a timely manner.

Everyone is happy and all is good.
Sr. HR Generalist
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), North Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: community support, employee appreciation, supportive management team, team atmosphere
Cons: client acquisition led to closing of branch.
I supported facility by working with employee base managing performance management, compensation plans, compliance, benefit administration including negotiation and roll out of plans, provide legal guidance, maintain accurate records in accordance to established Affirmative Action Plan and applicable employment law. I was responsible for all aspects of recruiting and onboarding process, payroll, COBRA administration, disability, and workers compensation. I was also involved in achieving employer excellence by implementing employee incentive and motivational programs and acted as liaison between company and community in supporting local charities.
Great leadership team
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pto and shift differentials
Cons: angry/rude customers
Job can be somewhat stressful but will provide an opportunity to step up your customer service skills in areas such as: efficiency, deescalation, and overall communication and interpersonal skills.
Good management experience
Product Manager (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 17, 2015
During my career at Fiserv, I have had a good experience with management in listening to my thoughts and taking my opinions into perspective.
Good work culture in Fiserv US
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Warren, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Good work culture in Fiserv US, not in Fiserv India. Good work life balance in the US, good people and talent around in the company.
Great if you've given up on life
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: easy to find parking spot
Cons: the lack of management involvement, no benefits, mediocre pay.
Terrible hours
Mediocre pay
No opportunity for advancement
Uninvolved and undereducated management
No benefits
If you've given up on your career this is an excellent position to consider
This was a great place to work with many challenges.
Controller / Business Unit Financial Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: ability to setup and manage an accounting department, learn solomon software and be part of the executive management team.
Cons: having fiserv transfer the accounting department to texas.
Since this subsidiary has bee consolidated into another Fiserv subsidiary I feel it would not be beneficial to post a detailed review.
Customer Solutions (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I was able to work there for a over 7 months. You are given amazing benefits and you are able to grow within the company! They are very welcoming and ready to help you with whatever problem comes your way. A great place to work.
Review of Companies
Item Processor II (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working for great job
Cons: management not given me enough task to complete
All three companies were great to work for. Each companies has management styles of allowing employees to learn the job. A typical day at work was to make sure all task were complete in a timely manner. I learned from management how to develop a outstanding leadership style and to perform my job the best. The hardest of the job was not being able to complete a task in one day. The most enjoyable was learning different skills.
Engineering
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee), lake mary, flFebruary 7, 2015
Maintaining various sites around the country.
Troubleshooting various sites around the country
Working with all types of vendors
Great learning experience
System Analyst (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Fiserv was a great learning experience. I understood a lot about processes and the financial domain. I would recommend this to anyone
Good Company
Capgemini FSBU PEN - Sr Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: excellent eco-friendly campus located on the chattahoochee river
Cons: long distrance work travel
Typical work day was very challenging and fast-paced. I learned many applications and received a stronger understanding of Infrastructure Documentation. Management began changing in organization (for better management strategies). Co-workers were varied and it was a challenge to be accepted by the group which consisted of 13 different backgrounds and personalities but I felt I accomplished this. I enjoyed being able to assist in providing necessary documentation for turnover to IT Operations.
Good working experience.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Good place to learn your craft. There's a lot of different and exciting group of individuals that work hard and help you out.

About Fiserv

Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.