Fiserv

Fiserv Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dishonest Manager
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: cafe plan
Cons: open office sitting, no privacy
Fiserv is a huge step down from CheckFree. Fiserv moved our department from the wonderful CheckFree campus to a horrible gray low-wall cubicle farm, and stopped the two-days-work-from-home program.

My manager had very little knowledge of the technology. A task description was typically one sentence, and she didn't understand that sometimes a one-sentence task can take weeks to accomplish by even the best informed and most capable staff. She left all of the details to the assignee, and often gave conflicting or overlapping assignments. When you have a problem, don't expect any input or help from her. She expects you to even do her job. Your job is to make her "shine" for the other managers that also don't understand the technology. And co-workers were usually of no help, they are reluctant to share any valuable information because they had to work so hard to get it too. Or sometimes, they knew the test methods they were using were bogus and didn't want anyone else to find out. (In one case I could never find any evidence the test was ever really done.) You pretty much need to hit the cold wall every time you ask a question and finally figure it out yourself. A very harsh environment. If you have only the technology skills then you will be bullied. If you only have the skill to kiss up, then Fiserv is perfect for you. You only need to talk all day and do nothing.

The QA Manager doesn't care about, or even understand, quality and only cares about how to get promoted. The worst part was this manager didn't keep her word and often lied, so of course she doesn't trust you or anybody – more... else. And the other management (and even HR) seems to think it is OK for her to lie, even when it is so obvious that everyone has to know.

The only good part about this job is Fiserv provides some good training courses - unfortunately they were never about the products we worked on. – less
Typical stressful call center environment that leadership likes to think is different than others but is not at all
Card Services Associate - Expanded Services (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: paid time off, bonding with co-workers, ability to work ot whenever you want due to poor staffing of manager
Cons: essentially worthless health insurance, ineffectual and incompetent leadership, little to no autonomy
A typical day at work varies greatly depending on what shift you get hired for. A typical first/second shift day is answering 100+ phone calls while 3rd shift is mostly clerical with the entire group taking less than 200 calls collectively. They start playing trivia in the early AM and read books until their shifts end.

Most of leadership is incompetent and that is not simply a statement by a disgruntled former employee. 3 of the 6 supervisors in Card Services and two of the team leads have not been trained for every service that Card provides meaning that if you have a question about half of the leadership does not know the answer because they do not know how to do your job.

Scheduling is also another joke, as there is a wait list for people wanting to move to a better shift. Many of us on this list that wanted 1st shift were told time and time again starting last December that we were not hiring for first shift. Management then proceeded to hire 5 classes of associates all for first shift. People who wait patiently on the list do not receive schedule changes, while people who lie about needing changes for school, or who simply say give me a new shift or I quit receive new schedules.

Like any call center, this job is great if you need the big 3, salary, security, and benefits. If you are looking for a meaningful job, competent leadership, or good hours look elsewhere.
Avoid working in the Cherry Hill Office
Analyst (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 27, 2013
Pros: the best part of this job was the great people you get to work with, they are truly what makes this company, tick.
Cons: poor management and leadership. poor pay, no room for career advancement, inadequate training and tools.
There is absolutlely no room for career advancement, especially for minority employees. There are a handful of minority employees who have been with the company, some for close to, and over 20 years, who are constantly overlooked for promotions, while outside hires are brought in, with virtually no experience. The management team, especially those in the Cherry Hill office are truly incompetent, inept and bordering on the almost clueless. This starts from the VP of the site and trickles downwards to its Managers and Supervisors. If you are willing to constantly be a yes man/woman, an I'll do anything and everything you say kind of person then you will go a long way. The management staff are solely worried about thier position within the company, and how they will benefit from it, especially now that it has been purchased from Fiserv.

There is no communication between management and it's dedicated employees. Middle management and supervisors are only worried about their status and position. There is inter-department bickering and cover ups, on issues that effect it's clients in a negative way. Employees are not given the proper tools and training to perform thier jobs effectively.

Treat your dedicated employees with the respect they deserve. They are the ones on the front lines and know what the clients want and need, why, because the client tells them so. We don't need a management staff who just sit in thier offices thinking up color schemes for monitoring devices, who don't know how multi systems work, and who make assumptions without getting the facts first.
Client Product Analyst
Client Product Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2013
Project Management:
 Matrix manage project activities across all participating functional areas. Project assignments are detailed and tactical in nature requiring exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
 Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring
 Coordinate meetings, as needed, to initiate working sessions, resolve project issues
Customer Service:
 Customer service-oriented professional to train and consult with bank personnel to operate banking software
 Provide flexible assistance through cross-training and support to meet and exceed performance, customer satisfaction, and service level goals
 Provide assistance to support groups to improve procedures, products and systems used by the staff
Administrative:
 Prepare, distribute and track reports, gathering and summarizing data including generating spreadsheets and word documents
 Interface with customers and business partners, ensuring that information and messages are relayed in a timely and accurate manner
Implementations:
 Develop and establish department standards and procedures, following established Six Sigma process methodologies. Recommend most efficient ways to ensure best implementation practices of new or upgraded products. Evaluate and report progress and results
 Support phases of requirements gathering, design, build/customization, system integration, acceptance testing, production implementation, and transition to support
 Manage and coordinate all tasks, communications and escalations to ensure deliverables are produced as needed by project team – more... members throughout the project lifecycle
 Negotiate priority of client demands against the available resources of the business, influence internal and external groups to find common ground
 Support Sales and Technical Sales Support teams to assist in closing new or renewed business that maximizes Fiserv’s ability to implement – less
Always had little gifts for employees, candy, ice cream, fruit
Tech Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Vendors always came in with free food and promotions.
Fiserv was a very interesting place to work. A typical day at the job for me was to open the switchboard, pull messages and send or load a Facet case to that department. Get ready for the clients that came from banks for training. I would take the photos for the badge so that the client could enter the floor/s because the building was secured. Once all classes were started I would report to my station and pull reports for the managers for their daily meeting and put information on a spread sheet. I loaded Facet cases and sent to departments when the banks had a problem with their branch.I also ordered reports needed by auditors at the end of the year. I learned a great deal at Fiserv because they did the programs for banks. I worked in billing for reports needed by auditors and that was interested. My co-workers were great people and willing to help when needed. The only thing, it was just two of us that did my job and I would feel bad calling in when I didn't feel well. I made it a point to go into work so that she wouldn't have to work so hard when I didn't come in.The most enjoyable part of the job was that management would give us functions at the job like Thanksgiving Dinners, BBQ's, Mexican lunch, ice cream outings, etc. They did at times act like they cared for the employees. The hardest part of the job was I never knew where I would be doing because at times we were short handed and I would have to do several jobs and stay overtime especially if I had to cover for someone and I was salary.
This is from an earlier review that is spot on!
Analyst (Current Employee), Cherry HillSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: people afraid of their jobs.

Be Afraid, Very Afraid!!
Confidential - for fear of retaliation (Current Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 17, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria, nice campus with a gym on site.
Cons: retaliation, little to no raises, biased promotions, quarterly lay- offs
Fiserv / formerly Checkfree is a poorly run organization. Leadership is aware of the issues yet they continue to turn a blind eye. There are salary inequities all over the organization that remain unresolved. The longer one works for Fiserv, the further they fall behind the average pay band while you're expected to train newly hired team members making more than you. There is also a culture of bullying and intimidation that starts at the leadership level. If you complain, or stand up for yourself, you end up with a target on your back and you'll be fired or placed on the "lay-off" list, which happens almost every quarter.
This organization is also notorious for having "cliques" within the various operating groups. The ones in the cliques are constantly rewarded with bonuses, promotions, high performance ratings and other benefits while the rest of the associates work until they drop or either quit.
Don't be fooled by the favorable reviews (written by the marketing/communications team), this is not a nice place to work. Fiserv was recently ranked #9 on the Worst Places to Work list, published by Yahoo News. Also check out the reviews on Glassdoor.com.
The reviews are not written by disgruntled employees, just employees that want to get the word out. All misery, doesn't want company. There are plenty of great companies in the Atlanta area, do your research and find someplace other than Fiserv.
Fine establishment, completely overshadowed by management.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: free soda, onsite cafeteria
Cons: no concern for employee needs or health issues
I spent every day helping customers complete online payments for over 200 companies, In my short time there, I learned, through coworkers, how to maintain a postitive attitude, and how to control emotions when people are screaming at you. Tenured coworkers can help a lot if they grow fond of you. Management is the most difficult part of the job. You cannot teach, or expect, an employee to learn how to treat people with professionalism if you are constantly letting them know they are not important, and they do not matter. They have no regard for employee moral, and they do not show their appreciation for anything you do. They will, however, hold meetings when things are not going well, to let you know how bad you are doing. There was no motiviation to dedicate myself to this postion. They show favoritism, enforcing rules only on the people they are not fond of, and they choose to discipline, and get the last word in, rather than help employees understand. The entire department does nothing but stroke their egos all day. I would not work there again, nor would I recommend that job to anyone. The most enjoyabl part of the job are the customers. Sure, I came across rude, ridiculous people, but when you are frustrated about leadership, and you feel like the company has no regard for you as a human being, a polite, reasonable, understanding customer can change your mood, and motivate you to do your job.
Security but...
Collection Consultant (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, workout facility, 401k, security
Cons: poor scheduling, management
I've been at Fiserv for 1 years time. Overall it isn't a horrible place to be but like every place it has its pros and cons. It has job security and they are always trying to bring in new clients. Their benefit package isn't the best but it isn't the worst either.
They offer plenty of fringe benefits that try to make up for places where they lack in my opinion. They have an onsite cafeteria & gym facility. They are always having employee recognition type events to help keep moral.
For me the down side is flexibility in scheduling. We work long days and have to be in there every Saturday. The management promises change but are slow coming with it. That really effects the work/life balance.
While i mentioned there is job security, advancement is a different story. It really seems to be an "old boys network" type of place. If they like you and you meet minimal requirements, you seem to be able to advance. Otherwise it is a slow go to advance.
Management really seems to operate with a business first approach. That is fine and i have no problem with that but I feel it is also important to keep your employes happy. While the corporate side of the busy offers a lot to the associates, certain managers operate with a chip on their shoulder to associates.
Again this is only my opinion. Some associates find their scheduling excellent and flexible. I have no ill will toward this company but I am simply seeking somewhere were i can advance my career and maintain a good work/life ratio.
A circus
Claims Examiner (former) (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 21, 2013
Pros: advancement with a decent supervisor
Cons: very stressful environment
I worked at a subsidary of Fiserv (Harrington Benefit Services) I do not know if it is still a holding of this corporation or not. But when I was working there it was. Anyway this was my first fulltime office position after getting out of College- I had high hopes at first but reality soon set in. This position was a office production job and your work was audited. During my six years there I saw everything under the sun happen there - theft of client money- office affairs- violations of family leave acts- discrimination- threats- not to mention a buyout- bankruptcy- and downsizing. I was so stressed out everyday I showup it was a relief in a way when my position was eliminated. I have never seen during my time there such large scale associate turnover- hundreds of people left throughout the years and massive loss of business. Management during my final days was extremely nasty with those of us who were losing our jobs had to just sit there all day with nothing to do. In the final days there was so much butt-kissing it made you sick. I was a minority for that position( in the real world I would not be considered one) a white male- so I was eliminated on the first round with all the new hires eventhough I had seniority and a higher position- there was so much office politics and backstabbing I was glad to be out of there.

May 14, 2013

Toxic environment. Management by fear and intimadation,retalation, over-worked but little to no benefits, favoritism,highly political, management that can do nothing wrong. I just got sick of all and left. Never would work for this company again.

May 21, 2013

Dare to take more than 5 days per year of sick, you will be probe to see the boot even if you have never missed more than 5 days per year ever. Don't believe this then try it if you dare!!

Customer Service Electronic Payment Services
Banking Bill Pay Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: time breaks down to the minute, piling extra work, expecting overtime, too many employees leaving
The jobs was stressful, as they wanted all employees cross trained in several other positions and sometimes without notice you were switched to a different platform to work. That is stressful and requires quickly changing gears. Supervisors look the other way, and are definitely not people friendly and you must watch your back. Read your annual reviews carefully because they will write false claims about you as an employee. Human Resource Dept not helpful with any issues you may have, and are more than likely to back management and not the employee, so be careful there. Long term employees who had worked 10 years or more began to leave, and management didn't seem to care nor ask why they would want to leave. You are paid adequately, but raises are few and far between. 1-2% is normal, and some years none at all. Fiserv constantly brings in new business and expects already overburdened employees to keep up and do more and more work each day, and pretty soon, more employees seem to be leaving faster than they can hire new ones. Only a good job temporarily.
IT - ETG (contractor)
Senior Virtualization Engineer (Former Employee), NorcrossJuly 3, 2013
Pros: good people, good money, lots to do
Cons: lots of red tape
Worked at Fiserv as a contractor for the Fiserv ETG BU. I liked working there, the team i worked on was fantastic. I would still be there if my contract was able to be extended or go perm. Fiserv is a very process heavy environment. Lots of red tape. I am process oriented person so I didn't mind too much, but this might be take some getting used to. could take 3-6 months from submitting a purchase request to adding a new ESXi server to a cluster. On site cafeteria, decent food, nice campus. Right next to East Jones bridge park and the river. I have made any friends there and will miss it. I would def entertain a chance to come back. I rated job security low because from a contractor stand point, employment is never 100%, but FTE status is little more solid. Good stock option plan, Health benefits from what I hear aren't that good. My contract wasn't able to be extended not by choice but by situations outside my manager's hands. However, he was really cool and gave me a heads up where I can start my job hunt ahead of my end date.
Look Elsewhere
Hidden (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 23, 2013
Pros: nothing.
Cons: healthcare expenses, unhappy colleagues, disconnected management, antiquated products, no work/life balance
The company is growing and seems to be focused more on acquiring more and more companies to place a stronghold on clients than it does on the employees well-being. Many good people have left, some of the ones remaining are abrasive and somewhat angry - making for an unpleasant work environment. The once somewhat positive benefits are now gone; like the employee reimbursement for professional education program and the expensive health plan.
Recent layoffs don't help the general mood and atmosphere either.
The company has many products, but it seems many of them receive the wrong focus for what is important. Which translates to a lot of frustration at the employee level. There are a few good people, but not sure how much longer they would actually stay. I've watched many wonderful, smart colleagues reassign over the years.
I can't give a good review and looking to find a better option within a week or two.
Just giving my two cents from someone in the trenches - evaluate for yourself if you must. But there are a lot of unhappy people - people you work with daily. That makes it all unpleasant to get up every morning and face.
Friendly environment horrible leadership
MDS (Former Employee), WebsterMay 31, 2012
Pros: nice group of people they mean well
Cons: half hour lunches, no raises and no bonuses
In the beginning I geniunely liked working for the company but then my niceness was taken for granted and their true colors began to show.Heavy work loads with a ridiculious amount of side projects from other departments not including special projects given by supervisiors with not enough time to complete the projects let alone your own work several employs can vouch for all details in this review. The scale for bonuses and raises are so outrageous and so hard for even the best of the best to receive even the smallest raise or bonus. Dont mention pto and sick days heaven forbid you become ill or hospitalized that is another horrible topic countless fellow employees encountered, they almost lost their jobs because there are no exceptions for people injured if you are breathing even faintly you are expected to make it in. I was with the company for several years with no raise,and seen no room for growth. This company has a lack of appreciation for those that devote their time and effort to helping improve the work load of the team . I wish that there was more nice that i could say but unfortunately this company has left me with none and has sucked countless years of my life out of me.
Would only recommend if you are desparate for a job
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Hickory, NYJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: still thinking....
Cons: unqualified management, supervisors and management not being available ever, supervisors nor management listen
A typical day at work can consist of changing already working processes to something that makes it harder on the little guys (us). They hire people who don't know anything about computer software. The smell coming out of the cafe often stinks.

I learned what micro-management really means.

IT department is a joke. HR is only there for show. For some reason extremely immature workers get advanced very quickly. They get absolutely no supervisory training at all. The supervisors couldn't sit down and do their employees' jobs if their lives depended on it. The management is not only arrogant, but clueless at the same time.

The hardest part of the job is telling people where I work. Sitting in cubicles next to people who try so hard knowing they aren't going to get anywhere in the company is fun.

I can't think of the most enjoyable part of the job. This place is a joke. If it weren't for the paycheck which is not worth going through what we have to deal with, I would swear this place was a really bad movie.
Productive, dynamic workplace
Administration Support Officer (Former Employee), Melbourne, AustraliaNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Schedule flexibility, Productive work environment, Good pay, Great people.
Cons: Job security, Work was sometimes monotonous and not very rewarding.
What began as full time chqeue processing in the transport department soon turned into a Jane of all trades type contractor role on a full time basis as I demonstrated my abilities to multi-task and juggle several duties, sometimes even hourly, switching gears and assisting various departments with several tasks and a variety of assignments in the one shift.

Working with an incredibly diverse team always made coming to work interesting as well as a lot of fun as staff morale was consistently given a boost with in-house activities to lighten up the load/mood.
Low turnover made it possible to establish a close-knit team that worked hard, and exceptionally well, together.

I only gave 3 stars in terms of Job Security/Advancement as we were all eventually made redundant by computers!
So I left and traveled a while before I actually found myself relocating to the US permanently and here I am, looking to establish myself in the next phase of my career in something new and equally challenging.
Not a job for the brightest candidates.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hickory, N.C.August 14, 2014
Pros: nice facilities
Cons: no innovation or creativity allowed.
This is where you want to work if you enjoy being more intelligent and creative than upper management. I was hired and told to challenge the status quo. I knew there were issues when there were two open positions for operations managers and the site "leader" hired two of his pals from his last job rather than look for the most talented and motivated candidates. Definitely the most blatant cronyism I have ever witnessed. As a mid-level manager I presented several innovative ideas it was clear they could not come close to embracing any kind of change. It's one thing to be told no or not now but to be looked at like you're an alien was disrespectful. This happened multiple times.
If you do manage to get promoted as I did be prepared to sit in a cubicle all day and don't dare do anything creative or stir the pot. I resigned and moved on after almost a year of this culture. Back stabbing is encouraged by the upper management though they fail to see it. Try your luck elsewhere.
Company is not built to have long term employees!
Production Generalist Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2014
Pros: what pros??
Cons: months of mandatory overtime, low company morale, terrible management, the ridiculous point system
The only positive thing that I can say about Fiserv is that their insurance benefits begin the first day of employment, however, the healthcare is really expensive. At the Indianapolis plant, there is a lot of favoritism between supervisors and employees. Employees were dating their supervisors and no one even batted an eye. Fiserv leaves no room for a home life. They had us on mandatory overtime for 4-5 months. I don't believe that Fiserv is built to have lasting employees mainly because of their point system. After 30 points, they will fire you. 30 may seem like a lot, but if you call off, you get 5 points, and if you call off during peak period, you get 6. Even if you are one minute late clocking in, you get 1 point. If you leave early from your shift for any reason that isn't covered by FMLA, you still get a point. The employee morale is extremely low and the only thing that the higher-ups do is "treat" us by passing out vending machine candy. Unless Fiserv makes a change, I would never recommend this company to anyone.
The office environment is comfortable, spacious, very attractive. Good modern machines, no too noisy. availability of protective devices for workers.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: provision of uniforms, protective devices, first aid drugs, provision of free launch. clean working environment.
Cons: wages are low compare with the job.
I get to the Office at 7 O'clock. After swiping my I D Card, I go to the Office and straight to my department. I tidy up my table and offer prayers to God to protect me and any colleagues throughout the day. I then check my schedule to see if I have any outstanding work from the previous day and complete them.

Managers are always anxious to see that everyone is at post. They go round to check that everything is set for the day's work. I see my colleague workers all in a hurried mood to settle to avoid the wrath of any Supervisor.

The hardest part of the job at the production floor is standing on your feet for a greater part of the day. One only have time during the launch time and break times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is towards the end of the day when everyone has done a good job and are submitting our reports. During that time, we have chance to converse with friends the challenges we were able to overcome to enable us to complete our jobs.
Fiserv only cares about making money.
inbound call agent (Former Employee), Hickory,NCSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: amazing co workers
Cons: horrible management
I worked for this company for almost a year, when I started I loved my job, slowly it became a nightmare. The managers are heartless and cold, the pay is way less than it should be for what you do. Its a call center for Bank of Americas Bill Pay on their website. A typical day was getting cussed out by customers who have no clue how to use the website or its features. You would get 2 breaks and a lunch but if you were a minute late you either got written up or coached about time management. The hardest part was how no team lead or manager would help you with anything but they could tell you in a heart beat what you did wrong. Just a negative place all around. Bofa made a lot of changes to the way we worked which in turn made it hard to want to be there. I loved my co workers they were some of the best people I have ever met, I have made some lasting friendships. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we got to leave and go home.
Industry