Firstonsite Restoration

Firstonsite Restoration Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
!!!!!!!STAY AWAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!
Subtrade (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 3, 2014
Cons: everything
This place is a joke. This company does not pay there bills in any way shape or form, They make subtrades sign these ridiculous contracts and then screw them for there money and if not bankrupt them as well. You can not go to get one ounce of materials from any supplier as they have to do a 1 hour credit check for a 2.00 box of screws. I also witnessed – more... them flying there American management every weekend but coud not pay a sub contractor. If you like destroying some ones life then this is the place for you. I say go back to America and destroy your own country mens lives and stay away from Canada. – less
Great Business Partner
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecOctober 2, 2013
My experience working with the Human Resource team at FirstOnSite Restoration has been extremely positive. They are a hard working group of people striving to grow a company in a fair and rewarding environment in a tough industry. They are open to listening to the issues and to hearing new solutions. I have learnt a lot from this experience.
Stay away!!!!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Surrey BCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: there are none
Cons: everything
Top heavy management, run by equity firm in Toronto. It's about the money and nothing else! If you a professional "yes" man, it's the place for you!
It seems to be perfectly acceptable to fly VP's home to the states every weekend, then cut staff on Monday mornings. Many of the Americans in charge, cannot find work south of the border, not to mention – more... they had little or no restoration experience.
They have done what they set out to do, run it into the ground! – less
Client Relations
CLIENT RELATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 15, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, group insurance, gas card
Cons: no contribution of emploer towards rrsp's etc.
A typical day at work is to plan and negotiate client meetings. For e.g., plan a key account meeting, review presentaition, develop co-op marketing plans, manage budget allocation to trade shows, tournaments, sponsorships, advertisements in industry related publications.

Work under direct supervision of SVP of the BC region with minimum interference – more... from the management. I earnestly manage marketing, promotions and Brand positioning in lower mainland in 4 different branch offices.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure quality service and effective time management. I have successfully mastered the art of working across different functional areas and manage my time effectively to package and deliver efficient marketing & client relationship. – less
supervision of HSE program
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2013
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: 24 hour call
new ideas and techniques; multiple offices and sites supervising HSE program,
it was a fun job but bad managers
Content Cleaner (Former Employee), burnaby bc and all lower mainland bcMarch 20, 2013
Pros: working with good crew chief
Cons: had to be on call a full week a month
It was different work to take care of people things when they had a fire or a flood the cleaning was hard but my crew chiefs was awsome! It was mostly all good about this job but not my favorite.Learned different things everyday which i liked a lot and the co-workers were mostly all good and not lazy .

– May 1, 2013

I agree, the managers there need to clear out and make room for people who actually care. My experiences with them are not of happy thoughts. Some workers are fabulous but others should of been gon a long time ago.

Processor clients content, inventory control, pack outs and cleanups, storage of content etc
Processor (Current Employee), Dartmouth,NSJuly 18, 2012
It is an enjoyable place to work, I have been placed in a supervisory role at times. The unpredictabliity of when you are working is a downside to this job but otherwise i enjoy it

About Firstonsite Restoration

FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, – Read more