Live-In Superintendent for a Condominium Building (Downtown Toronto)
Position Available: Full Time
Industry: Property Management, Property Services
Years of Experience: 3+ years
1 bedroom unit provided 30-33k salary
FirstService Residential is looking for a highly motivated Live In Superintendent for a Condominium Building in downtown, Toronto.To qualify you must have experience as a Superintendent, an understanding of Building Automation Systems (BAS).You must also have excellent customer service skills and ensure communications are in a positive and professional manner.
- Experience with condominiums preferred;
- Superintendent must have knowledge of BAS; also building machinery/ equipment (boilers, chillers, pool, etc.);
- Knowledgeable of maintenance schedules;
- Proficient with: sprinkler room (dry and wet system), boiler room (electrical and gas), HVAC (glycol system, chiller system), generator room, elevator room, pool room, main electrical room, fire panel, makeup air units, sump pumps, booster, pumps, irrigation system, compactor room, circulation pumps;
- Proficiency with email use;
- Must familiar with emergency procedures ( fire and water leaks);
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and Customer Service skills;
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Sense of responsibility is a must.
- LEED familiarity an asset
- Responsible in maintaining a clean, safe, healthy environment
- Responsible for reporting all deficiencies, maintenance requirements, vandalism and care taking supply inventory to the Property Manager as required
- Respond to any emergencies, interact with contractors and building residents.
- Perform check of mechanical room and handle garbage
- Get familiar with every single room in the building;
- Ability to paint and do touch ups;
- Follow and improve procedures;
- Follow up on requests;
- Ability to perform small repair in the common areas;
- Perform ongoing prevention maintenance;
- Enforce rules and regulations of the Condominium;
- Give recommendations to solve and improve a situation;
- Daily meeting with manager;
- Create/improve reading log – keep records;
- Other duties as assigned.