Front Desk ( Must Have Security License)
FirstService Residential Ontario – Oakville, ON
This position is full time 40 hours per week - rotating shifts (morning/afternoons/evening/weekends)
$14.00 to $16.00 to start (varies depending on role, shift, location)
This position serves condominium residents by providing information and services. Self-motivated; outgoing; detail oriented; customer service and customer focused individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills including e-mailing, identifying and organizing resources to provide personal service expected by residents.
- Identifies and clarifies residents’ needs and desires; answers questions; gives directions and instructions; develops inventories of services.
- Provides access control, monitors CCTV (fast paced environment, strong communication skills a must)
- Helps residents establish accounts and schedules access for authorized vendors to provide services within units.
- Enhances department and organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Follows safety and access control procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Must have valid Security license
High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Completion of College level courses with concentration in Business or Hospitality is strongly desirable.
Five (5) or more years’ experience in the Services Industry.
Effective written and verbal communication skills; Computer literacy: Word, Excel spreadsheets, and e-mail. Multiple language fluency is desirable. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Supervisory experience an asset.
Ability to lift 30 – 50 lbs; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of; Walk and climb stairs; Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on project requirement. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions