First Transit Inc

First Transit Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Run for the hills
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Never again will I work for or with 1st Transit Inc. You have no life for years until you can get seniority. You are placed "On-Call" so everyday you need to call in at 4pm to find out if you work the next day. Then they change your shift every week! one week you'll work early AM (3:45 start time) then the next week you have a 7pm start time. They treat you like a robot, they don't think about your sleep pattern, they assume you can make your body sleep when ever you ask it to. They never give you the same shift. Plus when I was there, the bid to work for the city was up in the air. When I first started working there, I was working 60hr weeks, then feel to 35hrs min. I couldn't pay the bills... all the employees with seniority were hogging up the OT. The managers treat you like a number & not a person. Find a different employer unless you are desperate for work. SCREW 1st Transit
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 3, 2015
Fast paced and intense environment which required you to make quick logical decisions for unexpected scenarios on the day to day basis as situations aroused.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: didn't pay great
I never enjoyed a job more than this one. It was fun, and enjoyable. I would have stayed here if I didn't move in order to get married
n.a
Training Supervisor (Former Employee), ElkridgeJanuary 18, 2015
I had and great experience working here. Its a great place for those who just received there CDL.
Ten years in customer service/Working for career advancement in the IT field
Operator/Logistics/ Driver (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: career advancement/ retirement
Cons: working with team members who do not train each other properly
In an typical day at work, would interview and receive customer on issue of eligibility or to compliance of procedure. Each day working with clients learn something different every day about their issue. Management skills or ideology have work with or maintain according to the mission statement of the company. Have worked with my co-work successful keeping focus on the task of completing the assignment each day. The hardest part of the job is starting at day one fitting in as part of the team, and developing confident from the people working with. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing the job successfully each day and starting the next day off smoothly.
Overall some good people to work with
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Houston and JacksonvilleSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: got to travel a lot
Cons: no comment
Somewhat disappointed at some of the managers behavior. Wished there was a true open door policy. No team players to assist in some areas.
ParaTransit
Transit Control Officer (Former Employee), Queens NYJuly 22, 2014
• Responsible for answering and routing multiple calls in a fast-paced environment.
• Supported an in-bound and out-bound Call Center.
• Provided superb customer service.
• Assisted passengers with help for trip.
• Created, cancelled, changed and updated daily and future trips.
• Opened and extended routes.
Everyday Work
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: healthcare
A typical day work at First Transit consisted of answering a high volume of calls daily. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part about the job was dealing with an irate customer. But the issue was always resolved to the customers' satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customer happy after issues were resolved.
Fun place to work
Mobile Supervisor/Bus Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free bus passes
Cons: short breaks
This was the perfect job for me. I enjoy commuting people to their destination. This was a contract job that ended.
GOOD
Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 17, 2013
A PLACE THAT WORKS WELL WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE DISABILTIES. HELPING THOSE IN NEED TO THERE DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS, SHOPPING, OR JUST GOING OUT TO SOME FRESH AIR.
Paratransit Services
Coach Operator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2013
-Transport in a safety way elderly, Handicapped, Blind or with any other person with any disability to and from their houses , hospitals, rehabilitation or therapies centers, Markets, Stores, Casinos, Doctor's office, Schools, Jobs places(Opportunity Village, Transitions Services, Eastern Seals,etc..).
- I'm also responsible to secure Wheel Chairs, Electric Scooters , Walkers, Canes, or any other special Devices with specials straps to the vehicle rails, help passengers to get in and off the Bus.
Drive on assigned and unique paths, got and launched passengers at particular locations according to schedule.
-Reported all accidents such as bus and passengers immediately to the Dispatcher or road Supervisor
-Respond to passengers' issues associated with transportation paths or distance.
-Make an everyday basic routine pre-trip inspection, check outside and inside of the vehicle, lighting, foot brake, directing, tires and oil level before going out of the garage area.
-Load and unload of passengers into to the bus.
-Collect money (cash or tickets) are required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
-Use MDT (mobile data terminal) connections of transport details on pickups and drop offs.
very good work place except for the seating
Call center rep (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: on hoildays like thanksgiving we would have food on the company
Cons: breaks & lunch two 15 minutes breaks one hour lunch
a company that was very stressful. some days was better than other I learn a lot about different area of all five borough . co worker was always willing to help when you got stuck on a call with clients. the hardest part of the job was when you weren't able to help customer. the most enjoyable part was the family enivorment
Productive with helping the Access A Ride passengers
Customer Service Information Agent (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYOctober 24, 2013
Provided Access A Ride clients with status of reservation as it pertains to the approximate pick up time. Communicated and understood customers issues related to the transportation services. Assisted with researching customers travel problems as it relates to reservationist errors and provided appropriate resolution. Assisted with the resolution of issues by working with the carrier dispatchers and and supervisor.
Best part about this job is being outside all day.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaOctober 8, 2013
Not in a office, get to see the whole city in a day. Get to meet a lot of wonderful people. If you don't know the city that well you will in 4 months.
enjoyable driving experience
Bus Driver (Former Employee), denver, coOctober 1, 2013
a very good carreer if you enjoy people and want to learn the area.
productive place
Driver/operator (Former Employee), Baltimore,MdAugust 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: standby routes
A typical work day for me was getting to work at 4am and i would have to sit and wait for a rout. i learned that it is more to driving then what people really think.I've learned that you really have to pay attention while driving ,customer service skills.the management was ok it could be better my co-workers was good i would only see them when i came to work in the am or while im getting off of work.the hardest part of being a driver is losing some passengers to illness.the most fun part about being a driver is that you meet new people and that you go to all different kids of places.
Medicaid Transportation Broker
Transportation Director (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 5, 2013
Excellent employer. Family Friendly. Great work and home life balance.
Looking to work at a place where i can ensure a better future for myself
City Bus Operator (Former Employee), Commerce CityMay 6, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: real bad hours of operation
Very boring. In traffic all day long. Had a pool table to brush up on my game.
Productive and fun workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 2, 2013
Pros: a fun and enjoyable job
Cons: benefits could've been better.
Everyone was like family great work place with great management.
The drivers are a great bunch of people
Transit driver (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: healthcare, bathroom breaks
My day started early,I would start at 5:30 drive until 12:30, but many days I would do some overtime,maybe 3-4 hrs. I dealt with many different situations during the course of my shift, wheelchair passengers, disabled and handicapped.

The management was friendly and courteous. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I don't really feel as if the job was hard, maybe just dealing with the raffic at certain times.

The most enjoyable part was the meeting all different people.