First Transit Inc

First Transit Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GOOD
Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 17, 2013
A PLACE THAT WORKS WELL WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE DISABILTIES. HELPING THOSE IN NEED TO THERE DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS, SHOPPING, OR JUST GOING OUT TO SOME FRESH AIR.
Paratransit Services
Coach Operator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2013
-Transport in a safety way elderly, Handicapped, Blind or with any other person with any disability to and from their houses , hospitals, rehabilitation or therapies centers, Markets, Stores, Casinos, Doctor's office, Schools, Jobs places(Opportunity Village, Transitions Services, Eastern Seals,etc..).
- I'm also responsible to secure Wheel Chairs, – more... Electric Scooters , Walkers, Canes, or any other special Devices with specials straps to the vehicle rails, help passengers to get in and off the Bus.
Drive on assigned and unique paths, got and launched passengers at particular locations according to schedule.
-Reported all accidents such as bus and passengers immediately to the Dispatcher or road Supervisor
-Respond to passengers' issues associated with transportation paths or distance.
-Make an everyday basic routine pre-trip inspection, check outside and inside of the vehicle, lighting, foot brake, directing, tires and oil level before going out of the garage area.
-Load and unload of passengers into to the bus.
-Collect money (cash or tickets) are required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
-Use MDT (mobile data terminal) connections of transport details on pickups and drop offs. – less
very good work place except for the seating
Call center rep (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: on hoildays like thanksgiving we would have food on the company
Cons: breaks & lunch two 15 minutes breaks one hour lunch
a company that was very stressful. some days was better than other I learn a lot about different area of all five borough . co worker was always willing to help when you got stuck on a call with clients. the hardest part of the job was when you weren't able to help customer. the most enjoyable part was the family enivorment
Productive with helping the Access A Ride passengers
Customer Service Information Agent (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYOctober 24, 2013
Provided Access A Ride clients with status of reservation as it pertains to the approximate pick up time. Communicated and understood customers issues related to the transportation services. Assisted with researching customers travel problems as it relates to reservationist errors and provided appropriate resolution. Assisted with the resolution of – more... issues by working with the carrier dispatchers and and supervisor. – less
Best part about this job is being outside all day.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaOctober 8, 2013
Not in a office, get to see the whole city in a day. Get to meet a lot of wonderful people. If you don't know the city that well you will in 4 months.
enjoyable driving experience
Bus Driver (Former Employee), denver, coOctober 1, 2013
a very good carreer if you enjoy people and want to learn the area.
productive place
Driver/operator (Former Employee), Baltimore,MdAugust 18, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: standby routes
A typical work day for me was getting to work at 4am and i would have to sit and wait for a rout. i learned that it is more to driving then what people really think.I've learned that you really have to pay attention while driving ,customer service skills.the management was ok it could be better my co-workers was good i would only see them when i came – more... to work in the am or while im getting off of work.the hardest part of being a driver is losing some passengers to illness.the most fun part about being a driver is that you meet new people and that you go to all different kids of places. – less
Medicaid Transportation Broker
Transportation Director (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 5, 2013
Excellent employer. Family Friendly. Great work and home life balance.
Looking to work at a place where i can ensure a better future for myself
City Bus Operator (Former Employee), Commerce CityMay 6, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: real bad hours of operation
Very boring. In traffic all day long. Had a pool table to brush up on my game.
Productive and fun workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 2, 2013
Pros: a fun and enjoyable job
Cons: benefits could've been better.
Everyone was like family great work place with great management.
The drivers are a great bunch of people
Transit driver (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: healthcare, bathroom breaks
My day started early,I would start at 5:30 drive until 12:30, but many days I would do some overtime,maybe 3-4 hrs. I dealt with many different situations during the course of my shift, wheelchair passengers, disabled and handicapped.

The management was friendly and courteous. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I don't really feel as if – more... the job was hard, maybe just dealing with the raffic at certain times.

The most enjoyable part was the meeting all different people. – less
Good place
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2013
I liked this place because of the benifits and the amount they pay their drivers.
First Transit Inc
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules, shirt trades with fellow mangaement
Cons: nepotism, favoritism, extremely poor management
I am grateful that First Transit Inc. call center gave me the the opportunity to use my customer service skills to enhance the lives of it's MTA NYC Transit's Access-a-Ride clients.
A typical day at work : you are required to take at least 80-100 calls per day with calls lasting no more than 3 minutes 35 seconds.
On several occasion calls take more – more... than 3 minutes due to the fact that some callers are mentally handicapped and some caller are just difficult.
We are instructed to put difficult caller on hold and get a supervisor. co-workers are great! i love my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult callers.
The most enjoyable part of my was dealing with callers appreciated you going the extra mile. – less
Challenging at times. Decent co-workers. Hardest part about the job is the hours.
Dispatch/Admin Asst/HR/Clerical/Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2012
Pros: trusted with sensitive information, master key to all offices.
Cons: hours. 45 min drive to work one-way, get up at 1:30am, off at 11:30am. no home life with my spouse.
Get up at 1:30am. Drive 45 minutes one-way to work. Supervise 13 employees in a transit outfit for roll-off, bus changes and breakdowns. Work directly under the AGM as her Administrative Assistant and HR person. Work heavily with Excel and Word. Write reports. Complete payroll and verification reports. Complete employee profiles (all aspects).

The – more... most enjoyable thing about the job, is the job itself. I love office work!

The hardest part about the job is the hours and distance to work due to recent move. – less
Can be pleasant evniroment, not for eveyone but will make a decent amout of money
Para Transit Bus driver (Former Employee), Union, NJMarch 14, 2012
Pros: ok benifts, ok pat hrly
Cons: no breaks, strict policy, long work hrs
This place is ok and a upbeat place, you can work as many hours as you like and is very friendly customers. You can visit many places in nj or other cities picking up and meeting new peope
Excellent Place to Work
Cal Taker/Receptionist/Transit Instructor (Former Employee), SeattleApril 17, 2011
Pros: allows advancements
I worked for this company for 5 years, applied for and was hired within the company for two other positions with recomondations from Supervisor's and Leads. This was one of the best places I ever worked. It is in Seattle, but when I was there they paid for Public Transportation with a Pass.