First Student Employee Review

View all First Student reviews

Warehouse environment with no A/C
Parts Clerk, Biller (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2014
I was only there for four months. I had never worked in a warehouse and it was a very hot spring and summer. There was a small A/C unit in the little office my supervisor and I shared that did almost nothing to cool the place. I didn't get the training I needed because my supervisor was new to the job and was very impatient with me and would get angry. He was not understanding to the fact that I needed time to learn. He had been there for many years and expected any new employee to learn it all in a day. I finally ended up with heat stroke and had to leave. I felt sorry for my replacement.
Pros
Upper Management, the Foreman and Technicians where great
Cons
The heat and lack of proper training

Other First Student Employee Reviews

Bad equitment.
School-Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2018
Not very good management they don't look after the equipment. Lots off breakdowns will transporting students to school and back home. They have old busses ....!
Pros
good hours
Cons
old broken Busses!
Paid in Mileage not Hourly
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
Work isn't paid hourly. The average run gets $52 a day for 5+ hours of time. Spilt shifts only left 3.5-5 hours in between. If a bus needed to go in for repairs you would often have to wait and that time wasn't paid. A bonus is they allow you to park at home or somewhere nearby (as long as it doesn't cost).