First Student Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Its a friendly place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2016
just maintain proper checks on the bus and drive kids to and from school in a safe manner staff is very friendly as well as helpful. our manager is great over all its a great place to work, I just something full time as this is seasonal, now that I'm not in wash bay due to heath
Fun workplace
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), King City, ONApril 8, 2016
This is not the job to make a big money, I chose to work here because I am a mother and I love children. This is a part time job and it's good to keep you busy.
Fun place
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2016
Overall its been great. The staff is supportive and the students are fun. Its only part time though is my only complaint.
They valued safety and commitment for the children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 3, 2016
Working for First Student for the past 7 years, I have seen first hand the level of commitment to safety that the company instils to it drivers. From the monthly safety meetings and regular driver evaluations, to our mission statement "I Care". The hardest part of our jobs, is in some cases having to deal with very unruly children, as well as un-attentive drivers on the road and still maintaining a professional, safe journey to and from school. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a child has given me a hug and said thank-you. I have always been treated fairly and with respect and supported by both management and office staff. I have learned over the course of my employment on how to work together with others as a team(going out on charters with other drivers and staying together) I consider most of my fellow drivers , the ones I have come to know well as friends and have enjoyed working with them.
Syed Ali kazmi
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2016
An excellent place to work among decent management with their co-operative attitude towards all team member specially with newly appointed staff.
Bus Driving
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: rewarding interacting with students.
Cons: due to being part time, money is not great
Bus driving is an exciting career. It is rewarding watching the students grow and expand over the year if you continue to drive. Always something new every day. Job security is great and your bus run is always up to date and the company keeps you informed of any changes.
Work place
Bus attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: The money, not enough hours
First student is a great place to work. I only work 6 hours a day monday to thursdays. Cons is the money and I do not have enough hours
Very busy company with many drivers and possibility of making new friends.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Steady part time work.
Cons: Split shifts to deal with each day.
Steady firm to work for and fits in to my semi retired state of employment. Always work to do in the transportation field.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
First student is a american company that works efficiently worldwide for transporting passengers and students through school buses.
Refrain
School Bus Driver ( B ) License (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Even with the due-paying union, nothing they did.
Not much to review.

No justice for the drivers. If you ever get in trouble with the School Board, there is no chance for the drivers to present his/her side of story. You are guilty without any kind with one sided board's accusation, period.
Great employees to work with and that's what made it worth going to work.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2016
There are great employees that I work with and it this was a job that felt like a big family. When it comes to pay the company started shorting the drivers by not paying them while the went past the time and still had passengers aboard. Management stooped giving out bonuses as of 2012 and then started shorting pay check and when confronting payroll they would not rectify the shortage. If they would change the management back to what it was back in 2009 the employees would stay longer.
Working at First Student was challenging and rewarding. Staff and co-workers were great and we all worked as a team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Great place to work.
Cons: Not being able to help everyone.
A typical day at work was very fast paced and challenging. In working at First Student I have learned computer programs such as MS Word, Share Point,some SAP and Excel. I have also learned to know my areas all around the greater Toronto area and charges for the Rental of buses for excursions.

Management were great to work for, they were helpful, understanding and it was great working for them. My co-workers were also great and we all worked as a team.

The hardest thing about the job was pleasing all customers. Some customers wanted buses on the spur of the moment and it was challenging trying to accommodate them all. I almost always succeeded in helping them on the spur of the moment. I had many customers who looked on me for help. I had an excellent rapport with all my clients.

At the end of the day, it was very gratifying knowing that I have helped so many people plan their trips.
nice place to work
decent hours
tours
trained other workers
Go Go Go
Regional Maintenance Manager - Eastern Canada (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: This business should be simple but it is being made complex
I have learned that people not machines are the strength of any company and as life gets faster and computers quicker its still people that support the foundation.
Free coffee
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: I was off work as same time my kids are off school
Cons: short hours
At beginning I didn't get long with dispatch. they were easy to get upset and unclear to understnd on the radio. they were willing to repeat the message on the radio without being anger
Good Place to Work
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Paris, ONNovember 2, 2015
If you like working with kids and driving than this is a good part time job. The best part of the job is getting to know the kids you drive.
was a good company
mechanic (Former Employee), caledonOctober 20, 2015
Pros: good guys to work with
Cons: poor mangment
hours were good was a great company to work for but in the last few years different management then lead to very poor mangament
Highly Motivated and fun to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), King City, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Getting experience :
Driving a large vehicle safely,
Loading and unloading many kids and keeping them safe
Arrival and departure just on time
Good
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Seaonal
Overall good company to work for. Treat the staff well. Would be better if there were more shifts. Driving kids to school
drive children to school
bus driver (Current Employee), orangeville, ontarioAugust 27, 2015
driving school bus and safely taking children to and from school has been an enjoyable experience... I would drive them safely to school through all kinds of traffic and weather