First Quality Employee Reviews

A good manager listens to understand not to reply!!!!!
Press/extrusion (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC17 July 2017
Has the potential to be a great company but there down side is their management. Not all but some. The press department is a joke due to the person in charge of that area. You can not have someone with no people skills, who yells instead of teaches, who specks negative about his employees, who contradicts himself on everything, and will lie to anyone about anything to make himself look good, or someone who walks around like he owns the place. A manager who makes promises only to break them the very next day. This part of the company will NEVER succeed with someone like this in charge. The turnover is horrible and the only ones that stay for so long are there for the money.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, breaks, communication, treatment
Poor company
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazle Townshp, PA16 June 2017
Horrible company to work for wouldn't waste time applying for this job some people are rude and supervisors and managers dunno how to treat there employees pretty much why the company has bad reviews and cant keep anyone if a company has to advertise on a billboard that there hireing now that should say in its own
Pros
Paid lunches
If the job description state First Quality Print & Packaging RUN for your life
Not giving that out (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC First Quality P&P15 May 2017
Management is horrible, especially in the Press department. The Press manager runs everything and everyone for some reason is afraid of him. Upper Management know about this however refuses to do anything about the issue because they are best friends.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Expects Loyalty, but has none for you.
Controls and automation tech (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PA21 April 2017
I was fired because I took FMLA for my father dying of brain cancer and did not call and check in enough. They talk about being family oriented, but does not back it up. All everyone talks about is how miserable they are.
Pros
The workers are great people
Cons
(IN)human resources runs the place and cares about noone. you are just a number, not an asset. They will lie about how family oriented they are to get you in.
physical job
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PA18 April 2017
your on your feet 12 hrs a day on concrete it was good pay and i liked the rotating scheduled with every other weekend off i just hated being away all night from my kids and it made it hard to live a normal life on my days off cause i would be so tired. their point system is not good if you have kids who get sick or you get sick your self cause youll get fired even with doctors excuses
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hrs late nights hard to adjust on days off and when you go back to work
No sense of security
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER/DRIVER/INVENTORY (Current Employee) –  New York, NY14 March 2017
- I've learned professionalism
- No sense of security
- Stiff management
- Hardest part of the job is no employees empowerment
- Has enjoyed free lunches
Pros
Free lunches
Fundamental issues with management and ethics
I prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC30 January 2017
I would not recommend working at First Quality if you are ambitious, a woman or basically if you aren't a white male. Even then, don't trust that you will be executing the job description that was given to you at any point in your career at First Quality.
Pros
Fast growing company
Cons
Favoritism, discrimination and poor managerial accountabilty
Difficult work environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA22 January 2017
Overall a forklift drivers responsibilities are easy, on the other hand it is an unsafe work environment because you are expected to move at a rate that promotes close calls and accidents. If you do not perform immediately you will be dismissed. They say they promote safety but that is a joke, beware of this position if you are not willing to conform to their standards.
Pros
Mandatory Overtime if that is what you seek
Cons
If you are not fast on a forklift don't bother to apply
Great benefits and great management
TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA8 January 2017
This is a great company to work for. You are rewarded for your hard work and the benefits are amazing. Opportunities for overtime are almost always available. Also the staff was great. I was treated very well by everyone I worked with. I would highly recommend this job.
Rotating shifts.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA12 December 2016
Manufacturing enviroment that is fast pace and requires technical know how and the ability to grow in skill and some physical readiness to address machine concerns.
Pros
advancement
Cons
rotating shifts
A great place...to get fired
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC2 December 2016
A risk in every way to ones career and the end to many people's. Company fires without discretion and is known in community as not "now hiring" rather "now firing". Beautiful plant on outside but inside is different in every way as the Mgt is afraid and scared to of being fired and thus spineless. The future direction of company is lead by inept development that is borderline deceptive if not so, even in face of customers. Current Mgt thinks yelling and screaming is best avenue for success. Most decent people disagree.
Pros
Lots of walking, plenty people knows how to do your job better than you
Cons
Great customers, good suppliers
Productive and fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA 1940627 October 2016
Great place to work, Lots of opportunity to advance, very hands on, Excellent management. Overall its an excellent work place , especially for those who enjoy 12 hour work shifts. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours. Most positions require standing, moving at a fast pace. Coworkers are very helpful; Lots of encouragement , Great team effort
Controls tech
Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Mchatten pa4 October 2016
This place is a great place to work they have great benefits. They have an excellent advancement for people that want to move up in the company. Great work force very friendly
learning new things
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA23 September 2016
I was able to get out of my comfort zone and learn many new things. You get good benefits and lots of overtime. There are tons of opportunities to better your skills with computer training and hands on training.
Pros
good benefits
Fun & productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA21 September 2016
My days at First Quality Services were interesting. I got along with management. My co-workers were easy to get along with .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania27 August 2016
Great place to work, Lots of opportunity to advance, Excellent management, Great benefits , Overall its an excellent work place , especially for those who enjoy 12 hour work shifts. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours, Most positions require standing, moving at a fast pace. Coworkers are very sympathetic as they understand how hard it is to get thru the 12 hour shift, Lots of encouragement , Great team effort. lots of Breaks.
Pros
excellent Benefits
Cons
12 hour Shifts and weekends
Did you like high school? Then you'll love it here!
Operator (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA24 August 2016
This place is terrible to work for. The people are rude, including the supervisors. Everyone will talk about you and spread rumors, even if you keep to yourself. No one wants to show you anything unless you fit into one of their little "cliques".
Worst place I've ever worked at.
Horrible
Press operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC17 August 2016
Do not take a press operator or any position in the press department management in that department are in it for them selfs they will make you run defected product and refuse to sign off on it because if it comes back it's on you and stuff comes back everyday. Some of the best operators in the field come and go understaffed on all shifts the place is a revolving door.
Horrible
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA1 August 2016
Horrible place to work. They try to show you more money in the beginning but treat everyone as slaves. The IT Management is horrible. Full of hypocrites and amnesiacs. You get interviewed for one thing but are asked to do something else. No work life balance and no regard for human life. Not sure about the ownership but i guess the leaders feel it is absolutely necessary to work 24 hours and not care about the other part of your life. Always want to point fingers at each other or throw someone under the bus. The leaders never let people do their job because one person wants to do everything . No respect for peers. The indians here think this is India and it is cool to treat everyone as slaves like they treat in India. This is America. We are protected by the constitution. Folks here need to get soft skills training before anything else. Theres absolutely nothing to enjoy here except to go home everyday disgusted and feeling terrible in the morning and going to work thinking you are going to be fired. Newcomers be very careful before getting all excited about a job at FQ.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No Work Life Balance, Treated like Slave, Yelled and Abused
Great Company
DCS Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC1 August 2016
I have enjoyed my employment with this company. I love the management and my job. I am only considering leaving for a work schedule that makes me more available to my family.
Pros
Excellent Training and opportunity
Cons
work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9