First Quality Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To many Bosses
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: year end and quartley bonus
Cons: managmnt
Very good place to work ,very good people . Five bosses for every line make work a struggle .also stuck on nightshif . great year end bonus
N/A
Warehouse (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 4, 2015
First Quality is a good employer that cares about its customers and the quality of products its produces. I gained a lot of experience in my time with the company because of knowledgeable team members. Some position within the company lack advancement opportunities.
I greatly enjoyed working for Water and Beverage , but chose to sever my employment when trasferred to Nutek .
Process Operator (Former Employee), Lock Haven Pa , and McEllhatten PaAugust 3, 2015
I was happy with my job at water and beverage . I got along with all of my coworkers and both my teamleader and supervisor valued me as an asset to our team . The work environment on my shift was good, the workload manageable , the premises safe , and there was ample opportunity for continuous personal improvement. However , as the company took a loss of costumers to competitors , I was transferred to Nutek where none of the above mentioned positives can apply.
good place and good enviorment
Maintenance Cleaner (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2015
fast pace job always make sure you get the job done good hours dealing withs lots or garbage cleaning up from floor to floor
By far my personal favorite work environment and experience.
Just a worker. (Current Employee), PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: 5 paid breaks! 2 and 3 days off in a row. overtime available. compensation is good..
Cons: experience takes time. no one likes waiting. they reward your hard work.
Admittedly at first, I was apprehensive about working for a company that made diapers. However if you just see the manufacturing side and processes, hopefully you can see how ignorant the previous assumptions may be perceived. This company is at the literal cutting edge of technology. The Human Resources department is amazing. The work environment is comfortable and welcoming. The training and management system is old school and fortunately very well received. The benefits are amazing, would hope for a slighter higher company match on 401(k) but I'm also not complaining. Safety is as always at – more... the forefront of their perspective. Job security as long as humans have problems with their bowels. Company culture is perfectly balanced and same goes for work Schedule. 3 days straight at most, 3 days off at most. That's wonderful to me. They care for their employees and the owners have worked with their own hands in building and establishing the company. I hear all the time about how the guys used to see the owners working right with them. Family owned. 3rd generation in the nest. Definitive reinforcement for doing well, quarterly incentives, year end bonus, company trips and parties. If you're educated and looking for experience in manufacturing apply to first quality. If you are uneducated but work hard and are willing to earn your keep and learn, apply to first quality. – less
Best company I've ever worked for.
machine operator (Former Employee), McElhatten, PaMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: 12 hour shifts
This was by far the best company I've ever worked for, unfortunitely the only reason I am still not there is because I can't work the 12 hour shifts because of no daycare open long enough.
Good family owned company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), McElhatten, Pa.January 18, 2015
Producer of various hygienic and paper products. Great work force. Well trained to perform duties.
I advanced here and worked in different departments
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 26, 2014
This job was really interesting, making different types of diapers, and feminine products. I worked on different machines, and was certified to operate a forklift here.
Great experience
Safety Engineer Intern, EHS department (Former Employee), Anderson, SCDecember 15, 2014
I worked with FQ during my summer as a safety quality intern. During my three months there, I worked on :
1. integrating the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Hazard Communication in the facility's container labeling process;
2. reviewing, revising and establishing document control for machine-specific lockout procedures;
3. performing ergonomic risk assessments which I then captured into a FMEA matrix to enable evaluation and prioritization of those risks.

My manager was extremely helpful and I did learn a lot during my time there.
it was a job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lewistown, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: five breaks per shift that are paid
Cons: management doesnt listen to the people who do the job
The pay wasnt bad if you were willing to work some overtime but the stuff you had to go through sometimes wasn't worth it. Loved working with some of the people there but some of them just didn't understand our job and made it harder to get stuff done but wanted you to always move faster.
LEAD OPERATER (Current Employee), Lewistown, PADecember 8, 2014
Pros: paid lunches. holiday meals, overtime
Cons: 12 hour days
I love working at First Quality. There is always something to do, people are fun to work with. Advancement opportunities. Great benefits!
Poor Management
Production Line Stocker/Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee), Macon, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: mill turn shifts with no differential
I enjoyed the people that I worked with but a new warehouse manager was hired about 7 months after my employment that changed everything. In my opinion as well as every warehouse worker, the new manager is a hard worker and has great organizational skills but his supervision and management dealing with and interacting with warehouse employees where not so professional. Discrimination, being unfair, and singling out of certain employees and working off feelings instead of whats best for the company is poor management in my opinion. The company chose who they liked and didn't like based on if the employee fit in their "clicks" or little groups I should say. I was the companies....best by far Production Line Stocker and I was treated poorly, hard work doesn't matter to this company and with no advancement opportunities in the warehouse, I wouldn't recommend working for this company.
VERY CLEAN WORKING INVIROMENT
Control Technician (Current Employee), Lock Haven, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: working inviroment and people
Cons: never shut down and long shifts
GREAT PEOPLE AND VERY FRIENDLY MANAGEMENT. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB ARE THE 12 HOUR SHIFTS BUT THE DAYS YOU HAVE OFF INBETWEEN ARE WORTH IT.A TYPICAL WORKDAY IS YOU GO IN AND HANDLE ALL THE LINE CALLS SO YOU CAN KEEP THE MACHINES UP AND RUNNING. THIS COMPANY RUNS 24/7 THEY DO NOT SHUT DOWN EVER SO THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE SOMEONE THERE.
It was a great place to work for
machine operator (Former Employee), SCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: great managment, healthcare, enviroment
Pay was good and the benefits were great. It was a very good environment. Management was good.
productive work enviroment great employee events
Line Lead (Former Employee), Lewistown, PASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benfits package, above average wages
Cons: operating while understaffed
At the start of my shift I have a meeting with the previous lead to discuss operational and raw material issues that have occurred, after which I proceed to the line at which time I examine and verify raw materials are present then observe current machine operation which would allow ne to determine if any replacement parts are required. My team consists of two technicians a line mechanic and myself they were trained and coached by me which in turn made the team a efficient and performance driven group, they were motivated to succeed which allowed us to break plant production records and minimal waste records. The most difficult part was sometimes working 10 hours without a break. The most enjoyable seeing my team receive accolades for their hard work
loved every minute of it
Production Tech 2 (Former Employee), maconAugust 12, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: sometimes to hot inside
love the job wish I was still there. long day of work but good. Company was Great.
good place to work
Reclaim department- Production worker (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 10, 2014
good place to work if you are just starting out in the production field.
Great management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJune 1, 2014
Pros: great bosses.
Cons: n/a
This was my first job out of college. Owner of company and his son are very outgoing and friendly. Very professional environment. Learned valuable business relations working with this team. I believe this company has since retired from the operations.
work as maintenice
Porter (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2014
the hardest part was cleaning the street.I had fun with my co-worker.I enjoy my job.
Productive Diaper Warehouse
Manufacture Technician (Current Employee), Macon, GAMay 15, 2014
Pros: breaks are taken when desired.
Cons: underpaid workers with slim chance of advancement. management can not be trusted.
 Operate forklift to move, stack, and count products
 Unload shipments and move merchandise to storage location
 Pull and prepare product for shipment
 Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct
 Load, unload, and stage product and materials in forklift and other power equipment
 Maintain clean and safe work environment
Headquarters