First Quality Employee Reviews

Fun & productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 21, 2016
My days at First Quality Services were interesting. I got along with management. My co-workers were easy to get along with .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 27, 2016
Great place to work, Lots of opportunity to advance, Excellent management, Great benefits , Overall its an excellent work place , especially for those who enjoy 12 hour work shifts. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours, Most positions require standing, moving at a fast pace. Coworkers are very sympathetic as they understand how hard it is to get thru the 12 hour shift, Lots of encouragement , Great team effort. lots of Breaks.
Pros
excellent Benefits
Cons
12 hour Shifts and weekends
Did you like high school? Then you'll love it here!
Operator (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAAugust 24, 2016
This place is terrible to work for. The people are rude, including the supervisors. Everyone will talk about you and spread rumors, even if you keep to yourself. No one wants to show you anything unless you fit into one of their little "cliques".
Worst place I've ever worked at.
Horrible
Press operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 17, 2016
Do not take a press operator or any position in the press department management in that department are in it for them selfs they will make you run defected product and refuse to sign off on it because if it comes back it's on you and stuff comes back everyday. Some of the best operators in the field come and go understaffed on all shifts the place is a revolving door.
Horrible
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 1, 2016
Horrible place to work. They try to show you more money in the beginning but treat everyone as slaves. The IT Management is horrible. Full of hypocrites and amnesiacs. You get interviewed for one thing but are asked to do something else. No work life balance and no regard for human life. Not sure about the ownership but i guess the leaders feel it is absolutely necessary to work 24 hours and not care about the other part of your life. Always want to point fingers at each other or throw someone under the bus. The leaders never let people do their job because one person wants to do everything . No respect for peers. The indians here think this is India and it is cool to treat everyone as slaves like they treat in India. This is America. We are protected by the constitution. Folks here need to get soft skills training before anything else. Theres absolutely nothing to enjoy here except to go home everyday disgusted and feeling terrible in the morning and going to work thinking you are going to be fired. Newcomers be very careful before getting all excited about a job at FQ.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No Work Life Balance, Treated like Slave, Yelled and Abused
Great Company
DCS Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 1, 2016
I have enjoyed my employment with this company. I love the management and my job. I am only considering leaving for a work schedule that makes me more available to my family.
Pros
Excellent Training and opportunity
Cons
work schedule
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 22, 2016
a typical day at First Quality, check off sit down forklift for ex. making sure break lights worked and horn etc. daily. Learned how to operate a stand up forklift, the hardest part of my job was trying to catch up from the other shift to make sure i was moving at a steady pace. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to come to work everyday.
Great Company, poor management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for. The salary's are reasonable and benefits exceptional. Management is green and stuck in own ways
great working environment
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 21, 2016
always on your feet
i have learned all skills regarding floor care
management is decent
co-workers, many different personalities
the hardest part of the job is making sure that the details are accurate and they aren't many flaws, in other words perfect
the most enjoyable part of the job is working around and seeing celebrities
Pros
great salary
Was a great company to grow with
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJune 20, 2016
First Quality was a great place to work. Great work life balance and I had the best boss ever for the first 8 years. All good things must come to an end.
Daily Work Related to JDE CNC
CNC Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
Work culture is very good in FQ. Even though we worked form Off-shore then also we have freedom of work and FQ is accepting our suggestions.
Productive Place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMay 16, 2016
Lead each group to reach our main goal while working with them as a Team Player. Worked with a diverse group of people in order to meet production deadlines
Pros
Nice Summer Company Picnics
Cons
Short Brakes
Productive, clean, and safe
LINE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. Management is wonderful and very easy to work with. Only down fall is working nights, especially if you have young children.
Difficult place to work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAMarch 31, 2016
As an Engineer, it is very hard to satisfy management. There is a ton of micromanagement that is not necessary. If you have your own opinion it is not wanted at First Quality, it is either there way or the highway. I would not recommend working for them.
Last Quality!
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Hazelton PAMarch 18, 2016
The work is not hard. You work on a crew of 4 or more people. Usually understaffed. People are always calling off or quitting. The people here are awful! Think highschool but much much worse. They take way too many breaks and have way too much downtime so they spend it gossiping and causing drama. Due to the people alone I would not recommend working here. Go elsewhere, the stress is not worth it ! The people are nasty and have horrible attitudes. Production managers play favoritism. There has been drugs found, people on drugs or drunk. People having affairs with one another. Terrible people!
Pros
easy work, on site cafeteria
Cons
The people, No training program, no organization, favortism, terrible leadership
Pathetic management.
Quality (Former Employee) –  FQ Print and Pack, Anderson, SCMarch 12, 2016
Plant Manager and HR manager run everything. The name First Quality is a joke because the Plant Manager will have hold tags ripped off rejected material and shipped. Corrupt, unethical and toxic environment. These same two people have no concern for safety either. Just unbelievable that these two are still employed. Hopefully they are no longer there. Obviously a reflection of the ownership if they are. Beware, do not consider this place for employment.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
Toxic Plant Manager and HR Manager
Not recommend
Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 24, 2016
This site isn't a healthy place to work. It is all about production! You can start training on one line but always move to lines that are short handed. You have to learn too much to move up levels to get a raise. There are too many clicks around the plant. There is not much room for advancement. I would not recommend working here!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, 12hr shifts, benefits to expensive, lack of training, moving from line to line, muilt-tasking, low pay
About my work place
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 14, 2016
I was an inspector at lafrance making sure there was no defects in cloth and taking the defects out. Maknig sure nothing bad got to the customer that wasnt suppose to. I learned a lot about inspecting you have to pay attention to every thing that you do.The hardest part was hooking up your on frame to the machanie..My management was great help in any way to make sure you were sucessful at what you did..Co-workers were great it was 8 women to a shift and we all worked well together. The most enjoyable thing was getting up coming to that job everyday.
Do NOT recommend
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 10, 2016
This company culture is broken. They have had 4 plant managers in 4 years. They have conducted employee surveys and refuse to listen and act upon the issues. The swing shift has too short of a turnaround. They hire and fire at incredible rates. I would guess they have a 60% turnover rate. No one knows where they stand. They will give some employees improvement plans and others they show the door. They do not show any loyalty to anyone. Employees that work hard and are promoted do not make as much as new employees.

It is a shame that a company can come in and develop a horrible reputation in a short period of time.
Pros
Discount quality products, on-site gym, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Management is incompetent, swing shifts, Owners in the dark or don't care
Work
Converting Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 1, 2016
Work long hours for very little pay. The whole plant is ran by the good old by system, who you know is how you move up not by skill or hard work.
Pros
Cons
Dont work here

2.9