First Quality Employee Reviews

Difficult place to work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAMarch 31, 2016
As an Engineer, it is very hard to satisfy management. There is a ton of micromanagement that is not necessary. If you have your own opinion it is not wanted at First Quality, it is either there way or the highway. I would not recommend working for them.
Last Quality!
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Hazelton PAMarch 18, 2016
The work is not hard. You work on a crew of 4 or more people. Usually understaffed. People are always calling off or quitting. The people here are awful! Think highschool but much much worse. They take way too many breaks and have way too much downtime so they spend it gossiping and causing drama. Due to the people alone I would not recommend working here. Go elsewhere, the stress is not worth it ! The people are nasty and have horrible attitudes. Production managers play favoritism. There has been drugs found, people on drugs or drunk. People having affairs with one another. Terrible people!
Pros
easy work, on site cafeteria
Cons
The people, No training program, no organization, favortism, terrible leadership
Pathetic management.
Quality (Former Employee) –  FQ Print and Pack, Anderson, SCMarch 12, 2016
Plant Manager and HR manager run everything. The name First Quality is a joke because the Plant Manager will have hold tags ripped off rejected material and shipped. Corrupt, unethical and toxic environment. These same two people have no concern for safety either. Just unbelievable that these two are still employed. Hopefully they are no longer there. Obviously a reflection of the ownership if they are. Beware, do not consider this place for employment.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
Toxic Plant Manager and HR Manager
Not recommend
Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 24, 2016
This site isn't a healthy place to work. It is all about production! You can start training on one line but always move to lines that are short handed. You have to learn too much to move up levels to get a raise. There are too many clicks around the plant. There is not much room for advancement. I would not recommend working here!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, 12hr shifts, benefits to expensive, lack of training, moving from line to line, muilt-tasking, low pay
About my work place
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 14, 2016
I was an inspector at lafrance making sure there was no defects in cloth and taking the defects out. Maknig sure nothing bad got to the customer that wasnt suppose to. I learned a lot about inspecting you have to pay attention to every thing that you do.The hardest part was hooking up your on frame to the machanie..My management was great help in any way to make sure you were sucessful at what you did..Co-workers were great it was 8 women to a shift and we all worked well together. The most enjoyable thing was getting up coming to that job everyday.
Do NOT recommend
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 10, 2016
This company culture is broken. They have had 4 plant managers in 4 years. They have conducted employee surveys and refuse to listen and act upon the issues. The swing shift has too short of a turnaround. They hire and fire at incredible rates. I would guess they have a 60% turnover rate. No one knows where they stand. They will give some employees improvement plans and others they show the door. They do not show any loyalty to anyone. Employees that work hard and are promoted do not make as much as new employees.

It is a shame that a company can come in and develop a horrible reputation in a short period of time.
Pros
Discount quality products, on-site gym, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Management is incompetent, swing shifts, Owners in the dark or don't care
Work
Converting Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 1, 2016
Work long hours for very little pay. The whole plant is ran by the good old by system, who you know is how you move up not by skill or hard work.
Pros
Cons
Dont work here
First Qualtiy Print and Pak Anderson,SC
Everything (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 22, 2016
Business leaders fires for no reason, High turnover, terrible HR Manager, long hours low pay. Management is corrupt and does not care about its employees.

Stay away. You won't be there very long once you figure out they are all incompotent.

If you become employed there get everything in writing first.
Watch your back.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent Management. High turnover across the board.
A well managed facility!
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 30, 2015
This facility is very well maintained as well as safe! Great co-workers and management! The hardest part of this job was downtime, getting things ready for start up!
Great while it lasted!
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 19, 2015
I loved working for FQ until they restructured the entire organization. I was not able to relocate, so I had to take their severance package and move on.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PANovember 3, 2015
Started with a short meeting and stretching then went to work areas and watched product go through the line to make sure they were sealed correctly. About every two hours we went to a ten minute break or twenty minute break. Worked twelve hour shifts. It is a good place to work if you can do it.
Good place to work.
Distributor Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 20, 2015
A good company to work, always learning new and improved processes. Everyone was friendly always willing to help each other out.
To many Bosses
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAAugust 10, 2015
Very good place to work ,very good people . Five bosses for every line make work a struggle .also stuck on nightshif . great year end bonus
Pros
year end and quartley bonus
Cons
managmnt
N/A
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 4, 2015
First Quality is a good employer that cares about its customers and the quality of products its produces. I gained a lot of experience in my time with the company because of knowledgeable team members. Some position within the company lack advancement opportunities.
I greatly enjoyed working for Water and Beverage , but chose to sever my employment when trasferred to Nutek .
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven Pa , and McEllhatten PaAugust 3, 2015
I was happy with my job at water and beverage . I got along with all of my coworkers and both my teamleader and supervisor valued me as an asset to our team . The work environment on my shift was good, the workload manageable , the premises safe , and there was ample opportunity for continuous personal improvement. However , as the company took a loss of costumers to competitors , I was transferred to Nutek where none of the above mentioned positives can apply.
good place and good enviorment
Maintenance Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 17, 2015
fast pace job always make sure you get the job done good hours dealing withs lots or garbage cleaning up from floor to floor
By far my personal favorite work environment and experience.
Just a worker. (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 23, 2015
Admittedly at first, I was apprehensive about working for a company that made diapers. However if you just see the manufacturing side and processes, hopefully you can see how ignorant the previous assumptions may be perceived. This company is at the literal cutting edge of technology. The Human Resources department is amazing. The work environment is comfortable and welcoming. The training and management system is old school and fortunately very well received. The benefits are amazing, would hope for a slighter higher company match on 401(k) but I'm also not complaining. Safety is as always at the forefront of their perspective. Job security as long as humans have problems with their bowels. Company culture is perfectly balanced and same goes for work Schedule. 3 days straight at most, 3 days off at most. That's wonderful to me. They care for their employees and the owners have worked with their own hands in building and establishing the company. I hear all the time about how the guys used to see the owners working right with them. Family owned. 3rd generation in the nest. Definitive reinforcement for doing well, quarterly incentives, year end bonus, company trips and parties. If you're educated and looking for experience in manufacturing apply to first quality. If you are uneducated but work hard and are willing to earn your keep and learn, apply to first quality.
Pros
5 paid breaks! 2 and 3 days off in a row. overtime available. compensation is good..
Cons
experience takes time. no one likes waiting. they reward your hard work.
Best company I've ever worked for.
machine operator (Former Employee) –  McElhatten, PaMarch 11, 2015
This was by far the best company I've ever worked for, unfortunitely the only reason I am still not there is because I can't work the 12 hour shifts because of no daycare open long enough.
Pros
great management
Cons
12 hour shifts
Good family owned company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McElhatten, Pa.January 18, 2015
Producer of various hygienic and paper products. Great work force. Well trained to perform duties.
I advanced here and worked in different departments
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 26, 2014
This job was really interesting, making different types of diapers, and feminine products. I worked on different machines, and was certified to operate a forklift here.