As President you will work closely with the CEO and your executive team to establish the company's vision, goals and strategies. As Chief Sales Officer (CSO) you will develop and execute a sales strategy and activity plan aligned to the company’s vision and goals. The CSO is required to intimately understand our target markets and develop key sales and marketing initiatives to maximize revenue and market share across those markets. You will oversee the Sales and Marketing teams and develop key resources to effectively execute the sales strategy and activity plan.
The CSO will be responsible for building and managing a national sales organization and managing a number of key channel partners. As a key member of the senior leadership team, this executive will be responsible for driving exponential growth across multiple markets. The successful candidate must be an energetic executive who can work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and has extensive experience with third party sales.
You will be required to regularly analyze financial results and other key metrics and adjust overarching business and sales plans to maximize performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CEO to direct, retain and hire sales and marketing staff, including organizational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Meet with Board of Directors and other executives to determine if company is performing in accordance with goals and policies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials with the most potential strategic and positive financial impact to the company. Qualify leads and manage pipeline of opportunities and convert prospects to clients.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and sales teams, defining targets for growth, and projecting expected sales volume and profits for existing and new business.
- Coordinate, follow up and review the implementation of the sales and marketing budgets and plan.
- Provide over-arching leadership of the Sales and Marketing departments, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Provide sales training and development of senior sales and marketing staff. Develop, apply and manage a highly disciplined approach to managing the sales process to ensure that opportunities are maximized.
- Manage new regional and national business opportunities. Assist sales team develop and maximize key national channel partner relationships.
- Develop strategies to cross-sell / up-sell to existing accounts and also open new accounts. Develop competitive intelligence capability and full competitive landscape.
- Serve as subject matter expert on trends in online media and social media.
- Manage and attend conferences and industry events
- Develop and manage a market leading brand through innovative and traditional marketing strategies to drive mass brand awareness resulting in a high volume of lead generation and sales activity.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Bright, dynamic, with a high degree of energy and possessing superior verbal and written communication skills, the successful candidate will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with the team, as well as across the entire organization and in the marketplace.
- Proven track record in driving sales and marketing strategy towards quantifiable revenue increase.
- Experience in teaching and developing teams to identify and define client needs and present appropriate solutions.
- Must be a team player with the ability to achieve or exceed personal objectives while working in concert with other department heads.
- Strong presentation and public speaking / communication skills.
- Understanding of technology and able to present technical concepts and solutions as customer value.
- Strong customer-orientation, needs assessment, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent networker with an ability to attend insurance related functions during or after normal work hours.
- Available to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent ability to interpret financial data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Salesforce and other proprietary systems.
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- University/college degree preferred.
- 12-15 years experience in business management and sales roles within the premium finance and/or insurance industry.
- Extensive commercial credit experience, including both sourcing and underwriting.
- Experience with insurance brokering network.
- Understanding of commercial insurance policies.
Salary / Benefits:
- Annual salary between $275,000 – 325,000, depending on experience.
- Annual cash performance bonus up to 50% of salary subject to satisfactory assessment of key performance metrics.
- Long term incentive plan eligibility with additional cash and stock benefits assessed each year and payable after a pre-determined period in line with the parent company’s program.
- Benefits include Extended Medical, Extended Dental, LTD, STD, and RRSP contributions program.
- 4 weeks vacation.
Tara Gillis, HR Coordinator
FIRST Insurance Funding of Canada
20 Toronto Street, Suite 700, Toronto, ON, M5C 2B8
T: 416 216 1770
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
At FIRST Insurance Funding of Canada (FIRST Canada), we partner with Canada’s top brokers to help them and their clients grow their...