JOB TITLE: INTERMEDIATE JAVA DEVELOPER
The Company is a Financial Services Technology Company that has developed world class industry leading technology which has allowed this company to deliver a multitude of secure financial services. We offer a high performance, fast, flexible and empowered culture where employees: Embrace change and initiate opportunity; Have a passion for growth; and Have the courage to innovate.
Participates in various stages of the software development lifecycle to ensure successful and timely execution of First Global Data product additions and enhancement.
The Java Developer’s primary role is to provide accurate and efficient Java-based implementations of business requirements and/or technical designs. The Java Developer must also be well-versed in GUI and Database technologies in order to provide an overall implementation. Working with Analysts and other Developers, the Java Developer must continuously strive for quality and excellence in code, testing, maintenance, and ongoing support.
Looking for strong Java developers with experience in Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, XML, and database design and querying skills to work on an international money transfer project for First Global Data. The role includes working on development and unit testing of application components to support this web application.
Ideal candidates should have recent Java and server-side development experience and be familiar with technologies related to XML such as parsing with DOM or SAX, XSD, and also be knowledgeable on other technologies such as web services (SOAP and RESTful) and MVC architecture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and mentor the Development team on a day to day basis.
- Design and development of business Java applications to support established priority projects using established development standards and processes.
- Development of unit tests to support the development and maintenance of Java Applications.
- Develop and assist in performing regression testing on developed applications or applications developed by others.
- Provide integration between Java applications and the Data Management System infrastructure.
- Provide application testing support as required.
- Creation of associated supporting documentation including but not limited to system design documents, user guides and testing matrices.
- Participate in meetings and reviews as mandated by established software development processes.
- Participate in training events designed to familiarize developer with the affected enterprise platforms and effective use of existing application frameworks.
- Participate in defect tracking and management using established tools.
- Good knowledge of and experience with Mobile (M-Commerce) and eCommerce development.
- This includes the development of mobile wallet applications to conduct commercial and online business and consumer type transactions for a wide range of goods and services such as online banking , Remittance, bill payment, Credit, Debit card and EFT/ACH type transactions.
- Well-developed programming and testing skills in Java, J2EE, JSP, Spring and Hibernate environments.
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing SQL tables and queries using MSSQL, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of technologies TomCat, JBOSS etc.
- Excellent knowledge of GUI development using Spring .
- Being proactive, willing to "go beyond" and striving for excellence