First General Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive, hard working, friendly, quality
Restoration labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2016
all around friendly environment. focused on customer service. Good experience in mold remediation and restoration.
Great Learning Experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 June 2016
Responsibilities include going to various sites which are undergoing restoration as a result of flooding, fire, etc. Assist will clean up and tearing down walls, ripping out flooring and other duties as required.

Protection suites were mandatory when entering a fire restoration job along with wearing protective masks and footwear.

Co-workers were great to work with and I enjoyed learning about safety at job sites through regular meetings conducted by management with all staff.
Cons
On call for weekends every 5 weeks
Way to demanding
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
Want people to do the work of 3 people but only want to pay the wage of one. Working weekends and late night just to keep up with no appreciation
fairly organized place
Property Restoration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 January 2016
Job site placement
Tool and PPE check list
Work site clearance
sub-trade introductions
Job scope and completion of overhead task
Wonderful Co-Workers
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 June 2015
Although my time with First General was through a temporary contract for General Labour, I found the work environment Fun and Challenging. As a temporary worker I was relieved to see that all of the full time staff at first general treated me with respect and as an equal. I learned a great deal about the Restorations career and I would consider going back full-time.
Pros
Good People, and Long Hours
Cons
The job is messy.
Excellent staff and management
Student Summer job-Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 February 2014
This was a very physical job but I was mentally and physically prepared. I am a young student who takes very good care of himself. I take two work out classes and eat healthy. I am also an avid hunter and fisherman and I work on small repairs to my skidoo. I enjoyed my job as the staff was great to work with and management was very accommodating when I needed time off for my sports competitions ( lacrosse rep team) . The hardest part was sometimes dealing with the extreme warm weather conditions when we had to work in homes but I dealt with it rather well.
Pros
Great pay rate and staff
Cons
some long hours