First Data

First Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Debit Test Analyst (NFES - PI (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLNovember 19, 2014
Primarily, this place is a great place to work, work hard and you may advance
A dinosaur amongst more evolved industry species.
Fraud Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 18, 2014
This company is on a downhill spiral and even an initial public offering may not be enough for it to get out of debt and make those investor's 3.5 billion buy in be worth it.
Great place to start.
Ownership Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with the company
Cons: benefits
Upon arriving to work, I check my postings from the previous days work. Next, I check my emails and voicemails. Then I go through my work file to locate the accounts that is priority to work for that day. I have been with the company for a long time, and I've learned that all people are different, therefore I look for personality in a person to determine – more... the best strategy to use to make the person feel accomplished. The management team is great. My co-workers are my family. The hardest part of the job at this time, is the work is very slow. The most enjoyable part is when there is money to be made. – less
productive place to work friendly management team, great benefits
Senior Operations Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2014
MAINTAINED MERCHANT ACCOUNTS

RESPONSIBLE FOR DBA CHANGES, ADDRESS CHANGES, DDA AND ROUTING CHANGES,

ran macros for bulk account changes

served as assistant team lead
Great learning experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: very flexible, life balance
Worked my way up. Great opportunity if you have a willing Director to help you take it to the next level. I would have retired from this company had they not moved so much of the Company to NY.
Call Centers are not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 13, 2014
I personally did not like the job or the company. They approve short term disability and then did not pay me.
Not what it once was
CSR (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: low pay, favoritism
This place was once a great place to work but management has become so bad. There is so much favoritism and they will fire you for no reason. They say they are flexible with school but it's almost impossible to get a decent schedule especially since it is a 24 hour place.
Not real collections
Collections Associate (Former Employee), hoston, TXNovember 11, 2014
The job is more customer services and not collections. Its a nice company to work for if you want to work somewhere for a long time.
Good environment with below average pay
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 9, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: low pay
Nice place to work, but you won't get rich here. If the pay was higher the turnover would be MUCH lower. The ammount of knowledge you must retain does NOT match the compensation.
Growing and Productive Company
Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: well known company
Cons: management needs new faces, long hours and low pay
Very up and coming company. Training was very good. Corporate politics are very bad. Work environment is very hectic. Favoritism exists throughout the company.
Its a great company
Technical Support (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLNovember 3, 2014
Everyone is friendly
There is room for growth
I enjoy helping our merchant
Good Merchant Banking Industry
Sales Support - Anti Money Laundering (Current Employee), EssexNovember 3, 2014
Pros: bravo points
Cons: travelling time, parking
Great overall place to work for. Good if you want progression and long term career in banking.
Our department was very team oreinted and enjoyed every accomplishment together.
Remittance, Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CONovember 1, 2014
Pros: excelent training and benefits.
Cons: closing our department
Facing changes from our customers on a daily basis was fun and challenging. The specific requirements of each client gave a new interest in each day.
The most enjoyable was meeting all deadlines each day with the least errors.
The hardest part had to be when the machines or computers having mechanical problems put us behind to meet our deadlines.
Enjoyable place to work with opportunity for advancement
Senior Accountant Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, ColoradoOctober 30, 2014
Pros: secure facility, advancement opportunities, lunch functions and tuition reimbursement.
Cons: healthcare benefits were lacking and expensive
I enjoyed my time at First Data Corporation. I enjoyed the professional environment and the jobs I performed for First Data. Unfortunately, yearly layoffs were vexing, but, all in all, I enjoyed my employment at First Data Corporation.
A boat with few oars in the water trying to paddle away from the rocks
Employment History Network Management Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2014
Pros: comfortable work space
Cons: pressure to attend to unreasonable demands from managers outside of area of responsibility
First Data used to be a great place to work, even though it was a high-pressure environment. Problems really surfaced with new senior management, cutting staffing and eliminating the breadth of experience provided by seasoned technical staff. Extreme pressure placed on mid-level managers, resulting in competing and conflicting priorities between managers. – more... Engineering and technical staff were constantly bombarded with demands to do more with less, service demands without appropriate resources, such that personal job performance suffered without complete sacrifice of work-life-balance. – less
Going downhill
Customer Care Organization (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: micromanaging, horrible health care, taking away personal days
In 2012 it was a good company to work for. Now under the new CEO and new management the place is falling apart.
busy office building
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), BasildonOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free beverages
Cons: poor managment
A typical day at work would involve me putting information into the computer, it was a very easy job and i am sad to say I didn't learn anything. Management were often firing and hiring people for the most smallest thing, they were not very helpful and you were often just a number to them which meant that there was no relationship between management – more... and staff. – less
Large Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), IndianopolisOctober 27, 2014
Large company. Competes in many markets. Good travel policy.
Definitely on the forefront and cutting edge of new products and services
Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great leads from banks, caring management, great benefits
Cons: seems to be a lot of sales criticism from mgmt, though they do approach it from a constv criticism point of view
Lots of bank relations service time which can take away from sales calls if your not really organized. Management really cares about your success! They are not followers in this industry, they are the leaders as their competitors are constantly playing catch up to First Data.
Good place to gain IT knowledge.
Network Administrator - Cross Training (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2014
Good place to gain IT knowledge. Recruits internal candidates.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Data

Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting – Read more

First Data Photos