First Data

First Data Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competitive Environment to Workwith
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), SingaporeAugust 6, 2013
Pros: great learning curve
Cons: hectic work life
Tough Client to Handle
Knowledgeable colleagues
Hectic Work Life
Supportive Peers
Friendly Environment
Sr Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioOctober 10, 2012
Pros: frequent potlocks
Cons: long hourss
i worked everyday with a lot of zeal and ethusiasm, i learn smthing new everyday at work, and because i have the ability and willingness to help my co-workers, it rubs off my managers.
The hardest part of the job for me is definitely the long hours because a lot is expected of me, and i always strive to do better everyday.
What i enjoy the most about – more... my job is again th friendly environment, we're like a family, and everyone is always willing to help one another – less
Great Place to work
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work. Everybody is friendly. Managers are very laid back.
Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), San Jose, Costa RicaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great company and excellent benefits
Cons: noa
First Data is an excellent company to work for! I have nothing but the highest praise about it. Gave me the opportunity to advance in my HR pursue and allowed me to develop my administrative and organizational skills.
Maintained a good working relationship with co workers
Money Network Senior Settlement Analyst (Current Employee), Greenwood Village COJuly 21, 2014
Balanced bank accounts on a daily basis, utilized various websites and worked closely with other departments to resolve issues.
A small but very good company to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: career advancement opportunities
Cons: layoffs
Enjoyed working in the team oriented environment, Management were always available for direction and my co-workers were very knowledgeable.
Fun place to work
Administrator (Current Employee), GlasgowJuly 16, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: long hours and changable shifts
Searching in house system to locate customer credit card statements for PPI refunds to comply with FSC regulations, editing and rewriting macros, hours could be long especially when shifts changed to four 10 hour shifts, good job with a varied group of co-workers who made each day different and enjoyable
No teamwork
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2014
A typical day all depend on how the work is. I learned to work my hardest at all time. I know how to push out the work without being told. My management team is not the best. Some of my co-worker are team player, so the ones that are we push to do what we have to do.
productive
Test Analyst (Former Employee), nycJuly 9, 2014
●Involved in preparing Test plan and developed Test Cases, Test Scenarios manually.
●Performed Positive testing and Negative testing to ensure that security is maintained throughout the application.
●Performed Functional, Regression and Navigational testing of the application
●Wrote SQL queries for database verification and validation.
●Extensively – more... involved in the Integration testing, System testing of the Application. – less
Busy Call centre
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Basildon, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Pros: clean comfortable safe working environment
Cons: part-time hours only
Role involved answering inbound calls, dealing with customer enquiries regarding their credit cards. This included advising balances, interest rates, fees, investigating unknown transactions, taking payments, amending personal details.

Co-workers were supportive of new staff when assistance was required, however due to the nature of the business and – more... the fact that call volumes were high it was often difficult to obtain assistance required in a timely fashion if you were unsure of what was required. – less
productive and got to work independently
Operations Analyst - Front End Deployment (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee machine.
Cons: department was relocated to flordia
Used ITT computer to key and delete returned equipment linked to merchant billing for numerous banks an alliances. The investigation part of my job I loved. Great co-workers and great team players.
Call center job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 28, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: understaffed
Provided incentives to do a better job. Management was really nice.
No true management
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 27, 2014
Horrible place to work no management. Dirty sales techniques. Hard to sleep at night at this place. Its all about company profits and the people that work for them are nothing but a number and a dollar sign.
A typical day at First Data was, setting the mail machines up for running the bill statements for delivery
Mail Operator (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: having a large break room area
Cons: not being able to go out for lunch
A typical day at First Data was, setting the mail machines up for running the bill statements for accurate delivery. I learned how to troubleshoot on the consistent errors the machines caused. Management was not so helpful when it came to being questioned about the work. Co-workers weren't as friendly either. No team work was put to effort. The hardest – more... part of the day was to keep the machines up and running without errors. – less
Great folks to work with
PAYMENT PROCSSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), SICJune 25, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: healthcare
Firstdata/Telecheck was a great place to work - because I enjoyed changes. I have learned how to solve problems and get along with all types of personalities. The management was pushing to help us to learn new processes and open to suggestions.
My co-workers will be the most missed.
I enjoyed the work and always busy and the day just flew by.
Don't work there.
Information Security (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 21, 2014
Don't work there. They use you for as long as they need you then let you go with little warning.
Too much work, long work hours for little pay
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: long hours, too much work
The work load is a lot with training that is not great and unrealistic deadlines. There are too many meetings in the work week especially around the reconciliations, with management that set goals that cannot be met. There is a lot of stress to meet deadlines, management that is not helpful with training and workers that are over whelmed with transition – more... from Denver to Atlanta. Would not recommend anyone to apply for this position. – less
An intimate setting for small groups to work together.
Programmer (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 20, 2014
Pros: you could bounce ideas off your co-workers.
Cons: not enough testing required for new or revised programs.
The work environment was good due to the small work groups in which you were able to interact with your co-workers.
Helping customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 20, 2014
I really enjoyed talking with the customers over the phone and helping them resolve the issues that they were having. A hard part was when we didn't have enough customer service representatives to handle the high call volume. I am a people person, and I got along with all my co-workers.
Not what it used to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 15, 2014
Easy work, but not very good pay. Used to have great benefits, but that's been cut. Used to take good care of employees, but no so much anymore.

1 2 3 4 5

About First Data

Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting – Read more