First Data Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun work place, amazing co-worker
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 15, 2016
A typical work day would be showing up to work in the morning and having a coffee with my co-workers before we start working. Its an amazing work environment full of amazing people. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job would have to be handling all the secretaries and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the amazing people I worked with.
loads of overtime
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
It a nice place to work, great colleagues
Very diverse in the fact that minorities are recognized.
evenly balance in terms of number of males and females and number of minorities and caucasians
Pros
overtimes
Cons
no proper organization
Team Lead/Customer Specialist
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 22, 2015
Resolving all customer issues in a timely manner while under pressure of deadlines. Learned to work effectively as a team as well as independently. Enjoyable part of the job is satisfy customers needs and resolving their issues.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 12, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Friendly Environment
Sr Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioOctober 10, 2012
i worked everyday with a lot of zeal and ethusiasm, i learn smthing new everyday at work, and because i have the ability and willingness to help my co-workers, it rubs off my managers.
The hardest part of the job for me is definitely the long hours because a lot is expected of me, and i always strive to do better everyday.
What i enjoy the most about my job is again th friendly environment, we're like a family, and everyone is always willing to help one another
Pros
frequent potlocks
Cons
long hourss
Busy
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London,OnSeptember 14, 2012
Great place to work, very busy ,days just went by so quickly. Helping a team to achieve their goal was fantastic. The company hired most staff through placement agency which was very bad no benefit or change to advance. Supporting the sales team was great it gave me a feeling of really helping and I can say I went home feeling great for a job well done.
Pros
great job
Cons
company did not hire, most staff were working for a placement agency
First Data
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga RegionsSeptember 21, 2012
At First Data a typical work day is comprised of proposal meetings with merchants, prospecting new accounts, sending follow up emails and phone calls, and entering information into your CRM tool (salesforce).

There are approximately 30 reps accross the country, each with a different geographical territory.

Each rep works from their own home office, with the head office for Canada located in Mississauga.
Very Professional and motivated place to work at
Customer Services Manager/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  PakistanDecember 3, 2012
Out of all my workplaces I loved working at First Data International. I had learnt a lot of technical things at this place and lots of managerial skills. It was my second job and I was promoted from an executive to Senior executive and then a Manager within 4 years at such a healthy workplace.
I am grateful to my managers as all the credit goes to them as they were very patient and always explained very well.
I had hardworking co workers, who were always willing to help and I always promoted team work.
Hardest part of my job was to say No to anyone internal or external client.
Enjoyable part of the job was my time which I served for FD.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
due to nature of job, sometimes we had to give our family time to work related issues.
Enjoyed being a manager of a major company
Manager of Finance (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2014
Reporting to the CFO, streamlined business processes and developed financial models to achieve a 6 percent improvement of monthly close and analysis of National and Regional Sales data.