Cornad Contracting, a medium sized construction company is seeking a full time Site Superintendent immediately.
The successful applicant will be self motivated, punctual, and above all a team player. Your verbal and written communication skills are second-to-none, and you are able to take direction well, work with little to no supervision, while paying great attention to detail, accuracy and productivity.
The qualified applicant will possess the following:
- 2 - 5 years previous site experience
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledgeable in construction industry
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to schedule and multi task
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to exceed customer expectations
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Project Management software considered an asset
- Knowledge in estimating and reading plans
- Must have valid license and own transportation
- Must be willing to travel if necessary
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to use both electrical and hand tools
- Maintain a working knowledge of drawings and specifications
- Communicate with trades, architects, tenants and owners as required
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule all activities and operations on site
- Ensure sub contractors and trades are conforming to project specifications and code
- Requisition building materials and supplies
- Maintain records of trades working on site on a daily basis
- Obtain building, development and occupancy permits as required
- Liaise with office staff to maintain accurate documentation for purchase orders, change orders and drawings
- Identify and resolve deficiencies in sub contract work
- Ensure adherence to all company safety policies
- Maintain an understanding of provincial OH & S Act, Regulations and Code
As a valued employee, you will receive an excellent benefits package, paid vacation and annual monetary incentives.
If this position interests you please reply directly to this add with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations, or via fax to: 403 - 285 - 7919.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.