First Choice Haircutters

First Choice Haircutters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
workplace environment
Hairstylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Perth, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: longs hours and not enough breaks for the longs hrs worked
I would like to say that I enjoyed my time working for First Choice Haircutters. Staff and management was great and the environment was a great place to be, but found the hours were becoming too much and was not giving me much time with my children as a single mom.
Good company
COSMETOLOGIST/ HAIRSTYLIST (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: wage (minimum wage), minumal room for advancement
Busy and fast environment. Great place to start to gain experience and finish apprenticeship. Minimal room for advancement. Wage is the same across the board regardless if you are an apprentice or licensed journey person or the amount experience or number of years with the company.
Awesome company to work for with terrific ongoing training
Hairstylist (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: ongoing training
Cons: sometimes having too much staff to accomodate hours needed by each stylist
The salon was very busy which was good for the stylists as usually you would be cutting at an average which kept you above minimum wage. The managers at the salon were very welcoming and helped to provide all stylists with great tools and training to become better in both styling hair and self management.
The hardest part of the job would sometimes be the long stretches of days worked until you got a day off, but still, in the end we all did what we had to do to help keep the shop running smoothly and efficiently.
I really do not have anything bad to say about the company as I really enjoyed my time there. The reason I left is because I wanted a career change.
Fun workplace
Hair Stylist, Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2014
Dealing with customer is always challenging and i learn everyday how to keep my self calm and patience. managament was good supportive.i had a good time with my co workers. dealing with picky customer is a hard job but when iget good tip from them is fun part.
Good Place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), st john'sSeptember 17, 2014
Busy place to work. All walks of life. Very demanding atmosphere when dealing one on one with customers
I love the Clients
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONAugust 18, 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field. My co-workers are very nice and fun to work with. it is a very flexible place to work.
I loved working as a Stylist. Interacted with many nice people.
Hairstylist/manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: met a lot of nice people
Cons: long hours and not enough pay.
Went to work at different hours every day. Opened the Salon and got ready for the customers to come in for their Services, wether it be a shampoo/cut, perm, color or highlites. Not every day was the same.
I've learned to do schedules for my staff hours of work, bank deposits and ensuring my staff gave their best Customer Service to each and every customer that came into the Salon.
My staff were a great team to work with.
The hardest part of the job was trying to fill a shift if someone called in sick.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a Customer go out of the Salon happy with the service they received.
Cheerful enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee), port hopeMay 16, 2014
Pros: benifits and good hours
Cons: poor managemnet and distrespectful to employees
Easy to go to work everyday.
Good hours and clientele
Not great products to work with
Management was ok not amazing, wasn't great at communicating with employees which is a big thing for me.
Loved working for First Choice, had a great Manager.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: great company.
Enjoyed working with the public. We had a great team. Made every day worth going to work.
People you work with become your family.
Manager/Hairstylist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefit package provided for us was great.
Cons: money, and being unappreciated.
Everyday held something different, but the mainline job was the same. Over my 25 years in the trade I have learned a great many things. Management for me was a great opportunity to continue meeting my own personal and professional goals. As being part of a team your co-workers are a very important part of the job because of spending so much time them it is important to have a good fit. The hardest part of the job was continuing changes made at headoffice level{new people changing the direction of the company} that was beneficial to the company, but not necessarily to the clients and staff. The part of my job I Enjoyed the most would always have to be my clients. They become a part of your life and you look forward to seeing them on each visit. As well as having the opportunity to meeting new people everyday.
Steady work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: keeping everyone on a happy level
I would start my day with getting supplies ready.
I learned how to deal with all types of people.
The co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to multi-task, which now I can do no problem.
I enjoyed learning new things and have worked with the people I got to work with.
Fast paced enviornment.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), KemptvilleJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: open every night till 8.
The company was easy to work for, I spent my day cutting hair and maintaining the shop. I learned a lot from my coworkers about doing hair. The hardest part of the job is that they were more concerned about your speed than accuracy and a good job. I liked seeing repeat clients and getting to know people.
learning more and having fun
hair stylist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: free samples
Cons: fix hours
i workeh with very talent poeple and have fun amoung my work too
Fun energetic workplace
Coop Student (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJuly 9, 2013
I swept up all the hair that the hair dressers left behind. I stalked shelves and wiped them down. I put dirty towels and aprons into the washing machine and folded the ones that came out of the dryer. The hardest part of the job was wiping down the shelves because of how small they were, there was no place to put the product in the mean time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting along with my co-workers.
nice place to work
manager hairstlist.. (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2013
Pros: no paid lunches
Cons: long hours
i work with a great bunch of people... Can get busy with clientele.
Great atmosphere and working environment!
Hair Stylist-Mondolido Hair Care (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pros: social interaction
Cons: standing for long periods of time
A typical day at work would involve interacting with people all day, offering services and providing them with an enjoyable experience that they will look forward to having again. I learned a lot while working at this particular job when it comes to dealing with members of the public and it allowed me to quickly develop strong communication and interpersonal skills. My coworkers were a joy to work with; everyone worked productively as a team and everyone contributed to making it a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Difficulties of this job included; having to deal with rude customers and being on my feet all day long. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people every day and making them smile.
Friendly
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free hotel breakfast, pool and exercise equipment
Cons: few weeks living out of a hotel, not being at home
I have worked with the few employees who worked at the shop. Everyone is friendly, helpful, hardworking and easy to get along with. I had to run the shop alone for a week, and help run the shop for another month after that, as the manager took leave.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home most of the time. I like knowing customers are happy when they walk out of the shop
Prodctive,friendly atmoshere
Junior Stylist/ Apprentice (Former Employee), Innisfil, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: postive and friendly atmosphere
Cons: need more hours
Completing all administrative duties Responsible for general operations of the store and for night deposit and morning paper work, closings and openings off premises,
Shampoo customers' hair
Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods
Scissor cutting, Long hair trimming, Short hair cutting
Hair Styling Techniques: Blow drying, Iron waving/curling, Relaxing, Pin curling, Roller setting
Hair Colouring Techniques: Bleach, Dyes/tints, Streaking/highlights
Fun place to work!
Hairstylist (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2013
First Choice is a great place to work, always busy, so no sitting around waiting for clients. My managers are great, and they do a good job and keeping things flowing smoothly and efficiently.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to have an open availability, so it can be tricky to plan personal things ahead.

A plus is that its so busy, and you're able to do so many haircuts, that the tips are pretty good. There are always different incentives that keep you motivated and having fun, as well as product samples from various companies. The days go by fast, and as long as everyone works together its an enjoyable environment.
Very nice salon to work
Hairstylist,receptionist,managing (Former Employee), Etobicoke ,ONJanuary 16, 2013
Everything is perfect except salary ....
Hairscuting,coloring perming, hi lites ,greeting the clients consultation for their hair need...