First Choice Haircutters Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Overwhleming
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB SouthcommonApril 22, 2016
Pros: Free hair cuts and dye job
Cons: Expected to do unrelated tasks to your job title
For being a receptionist I felt I was being asked to do to many other tasks unrelated to my job. At the time I learned I wasn't ready to handle a job for real. I really enjoyed getting to know different people. Hardest part was being the youngest at the store and I enjoyed talking to the customers a lot. It was enjoyable that I got to sit in a nice comfy chair instead of standing all day.
Great clientele and coworkers
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 17, 2016
This job gave me a lot of strengths. I became very talkative which is a plus. It helped me become very organized. This job is a great place for a young stylist coming out of school because it gives you a lot of practice.
not enough pay for the amount of work being done
hairstylist (Former Employee), alliston ontarioOctober 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, set income
Cons: more work than paid for, coupons make it impossible to ever make more.
First choice haircutters is a wonderful company to work at, if you’re just starting in the industry, or slowing down your life and just need a steady mediocre income. Its good because you have benefits available to apply for as well as vacation pay and time off. I noticed though over the 3 years I was there, the decline of percentages of clients, as well as benefits and incentives from the company(upgrading courses).
It was a great place to start off
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Long hours
Some of the staff were friendly
great pay
clients were awesome
it was awesome place to start off doing hairstyling but its not a forever place
experiences of being a stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Port Alberni, BCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: new faces daily
Cons: single mom/daycare for 3 kids.
Being able to greet clients with a positive manner. Being able to practice my listening skills to acquire desired outcome. I loved being the person that gave a Great Hairstyle to walk-in clients or returning clients.
Hairdresser
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good learning experience
Cons: At the time pay was really low then 10.00 and hour
- open/close the store
- count money in the till
- cleaning the store
- reorder the products if needed
- input customers in the computer
- wash/ dry the customers
- cut hair/ style/perms/colours etc.
- maintain a good relationships with the clients
good
Hairstylist (Current Employee), guelph onFebruary 16, 2015
Good place to work. friendly atmosphere. on going training for Matrix color line. worked in a fast paced environment. handle problems and provided solutions.
workplace environment
Hairstylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Perth, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: longs hours and not enough breaks for the longs hrs worked
I would like to say that I enjoyed my time working for First Choice Haircutters. Staff and management was great and the environment was a great place to be, but found the hours were becoming too much and was not giving me much time with my children as a single mom.
Good company
COSMETOLOGIST/ HAIRSTYLIST (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: wage (minimum wage), minumal room for advancement
Busy and fast environment. Great place to start to gain experience and finish apprenticeship. Minimal room for advancement. Wage is the same across the board regardless if you are an apprentice or licensed journey person or the amount experience or number of years with the company.
Awesome company to work for with terrific ongoing training
Hairstylist (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: ongoing training
Cons: sometimes having too much staff to accomodate hours needed by each stylist
The salon was very busy which was good for the stylists as usually you would be cutting at an average which kept you above minimum wage. The managers at the salon were very welcoming and helped to provide all stylists with great tools and training to become better in both styling hair and self management.
The hardest part of the job would sometimes be the long stretches of days worked until you got a day off, but still, in the end we all did what we had to do to help keep the shop running smoothly and efficiently.
I really do not have anything bad to say about the company as I really enjoyed my time there. The reason I left is because I wanted a career change.
Fun workplace
Hair Stylist, Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2014
Dealing with customer is always challenging and i learn everyday how to keep my self calm and patience. managament was good supportive.i had a good time with my co workers. dealing with picky customer is a hard job but when iget good tip from them is fun part.
Good Place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), st john'sSeptember 17, 2014
Busy place to work. All walks of life. Very demanding atmosphere when dealing one on one with customers
I love the Clients
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONAugust 18, 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field. My co-workers are very nice and fun to work with. it is a very flexible place to work.
I loved working as a Stylist. Interacted with many nice people.
Hairstylist/manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: met a lot of nice people
Cons: long hours and not enough pay.
Went to work at different hours every day. Opened the Salon and got ready for the customers to come in for their Services, wether it be a shampoo/cut, perm, color or highlites. Not every day was the same.
I've learned to do schedules for my staff hours of work, bank deposits and ensuring my staff gave their best Customer Service to each and every customer that came into the Salon.
My staff were a great team to work with.
The hardest part of the job was trying to fill a shift if someone called in sick.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a Customer go out of the Salon happy with the service they received.
Cheerful enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee), port hopeMay 16, 2014
Pros: benifits and good hours
Cons: poor managemnet and distrespectful to employees
Easy to go to work everyday.
Good hours and clientele
Not great products to work with
Management was ok not amazing, wasn't great at communicating with employees which is a big thing for me.
Loved working for First Choice, had a great Manager.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: great company.
Enjoyed working with the public. We had a great team. Made every day worth going to work.
People you work with become your family.
Manager/Hairstylist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefit package provided for us was great.
Cons: money, and being unappreciated.
Everyday held something different, but the mainline job was the same. Over my 25 years in the trade I have learned a great many things. Management for me was a great opportunity to continue meeting my own personal and professional goals. As being part of a team your co-workers are a very important part of the job because of spending so much time them it is important to have a good fit. The hardest part of the job was continuing changes made at headoffice level{new people changing the direction of the company} that was beneficial to the company, but not necessarily to the clients and staff. The part of my job I Enjoyed the most would always have to be my clients. They become a part of your life and you look forward to seeing them on each visit. As well as having the opportunity to meeting new people everyday.
Steady work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: keeping everyone on a happy level
I would start my day with getting supplies ready.
I learned how to deal with all types of people.
The co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to multi-task, which now I can do no problem.
I enjoyed learning new things and have worked with the people I got to work with.
Fast paced enviornment.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), KemptvilleJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: open every night till 8.
The company was easy to work for, I spent my day cutting hair and maintaining the shop. I learned a lot from my coworkers about doing hair. The hardest part of the job is that they were more concerned about your speed than accuracy and a good job. I liked seeing repeat clients and getting to know people.
learning more and having fun
hair stylist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: free samples
Cons: fix hours
i workeh with very talent poeple and have fun amoung my work too