First Choice Haircutters Employee Reviews

It ok... not great
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 November 2016
Good for first time hairdressers ,
not good for one's who want to advance in the hair industry or for one's with a family
Will only advance so far then stop.
Pros
Good job security, Good tips
Cons
Long hours going to different locations cant build a clientel
Could be so much better
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
I attempted to right a proper review but it would not let me continue. Seriously I wish they would of accepted my first review. I did not swear or say anything untruthful. No money is invested in the shop or in the staff that works hard.
Pros
Able to have requests book apt ect
Cons
Not a salon hiring in my area.
lovely team
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC27 August 2016
VERY busy... but you get to meet some wonderful people. I loved the group of girls I worked with. Lots of laughs and very community minded.
Good place for an apprentice stylist to start
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 June 2016
I learned quite a bit during my time here. The Regis Corporation offered a lot of incentives to stylists, constantly had education classes , and offered benefits to stylists. I got along with the majority of my coworkers but there was one woman, the assistant manager, who constantly power tripped. The hardest part of this job was standing on my feet all day.
the learning
coop student (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2016
Working hear help me finished my option to go to hair styling school. the people were so fun and just beautiful personality's. I made friends. I would get all the stations ready and sweep the floors and then get to the front desk before the people showed up so i could check them in and the answer every call that would come in.
Pros
the learning
Cons
it ended
fun volunteering as a receptionist
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2016
A typical day wasn't so busy but when the weekend approached it got busier. I learned how to handle those situations. I also learned how to write receipts and manage cash and book appointments. The staff was very kind and took the time to show me everything. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the stylists schedules aswell as the clients. The most enjoyable part for me was answering phones.
Pros
nice staff
Happy inviroment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 April 2016
Busy, different every day. New products and new way to do certain procedures. My managers where the best willing to work with coworkers if needed. Loving family environment lots of laughs. When one of my long term customers would passed away, it felt like i lost a part of my family. Making adults and children feel great about them selves and satisfied.
Overwhleming
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB Southcommon22 April 2016
For being a receptionist I felt I was being asked to do to many other tasks unrelated to my job. At the time I learned I wasn't ready to handle a job for real. I really enjoyed getting to know different people. Hardest part was being the youngest at the store and I enjoyed talking to the customers a lot. It was enjoyable that I got to sit in a nice comfy chair instead of standing all day.
Pros
Free hair cuts and dye job
Cons
Expected to do unrelated tasks to your job title
Great clientele and coworkers
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON17 March 2016
This job gave me a lot of strengths. I became very talkative which is a plus. It helped me become very organized. This job is a great place for a young stylist coming out of school because it gives you a lot of practice.
not enough pay for the amount of work being done
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  alliston ontario15 October 2015
First choice haircutters is a wonderful company to work at, if you’re just starting in the industry, or slowing down your life and just need a steady mediocre income. Its good because you have benefits available to apply for as well as vacation pay and time off. I noticed though over the 3 years I was there, the decline of percentages of clients, as well as benefits and incentives from the company(upgrading courses).
Pros
benefits, set income
Cons
more work than paid for, coupons make it impossible to ever make more.
It was a great place to start off
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 August 2015
Some of the staff were friendly
great pay
clients were awesome
it was awesome place to start off doing hairstyling but its not a forever place
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
experiences of being a stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC19 August 2015
Being able to greet clients with a positive manner. Being able to practice my listening skills to acquire desired outcome. I loved being the person that gave a Great Hairstyle to walk-in clients or returning clients.
Pros
new faces daily
Cons
single mom/daycare for 3 kids.
Hairdresser
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 July 2015
- open/close the store
- count money in the till
- cleaning the store
- reorder the products if needed
- input customers in the computer
- wash/ dry the customers
- cut hair/ style/perms/colours etc.
- maintain a good relationships with the clients
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
At the time pay was really low then 10.00 and hour
good
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  guelph on16 February 2015
Good place to work. friendly atmosphere. on going training for Matrix color line. worked in a fast paced environment. handle problems and provided solutions.
workplace environment
Hairstylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON4 February 2015
I would like to say that I enjoyed my time working for First Choice Haircutters. Staff and management was great and the environment was a great place to be, but found the hours were becoming too much and was not giving me much time with my children as a single mom.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
longs hours and not enough breaks for the longs hrs worked
Good company
COSMETOLOGIST/ HAIRSTYLIST (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON11 January 2015
Busy and fast environment. Great place to start to gain experience and finish apprenticeship. Minimal room for advancement. Wage is the same across the board regardless if you are an apprentice or licensed journey person or the amount experience or number of years with the company.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
wage (minimum wage), minumal room for advancement
Awesome company to work for with terrific ongoing training
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2014
The salon was very busy which was good for the stylists as usually you would be cutting at an average which kept you above minimum wage. The managers at the salon were very welcoming and helped to provide all stylists with great tools and training to become better in both styling hair and self management.
The hardest part of the job would sometimes be the long stretches of days worked until you got a day off, but still, in the end we all did what we had to do to help keep the shop running smoothly and efficiently.
I really do not have anything bad to say about the company as I really enjoyed my time there. The reason I left is because I wanted a career change.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
sometimes having too much staff to accomodate hours needed by each stylist
Fun workplace
Hair Stylist, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2014
Dealing with customer is always challenging and i learn everyday how to keep my self calm and patience. managament was good supportive.i had a good time with my co workers. dealing with picky customer is a hard job but when iget good tip from them is fun part.
Good Place
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  st john's17 September 2014
Busy place to work. All walks of life. Very demanding atmosphere when dealing one on one with customers
I love the Clients
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON18 August 2014
I enjoy working in the customer service field. My co-workers are very nice and fun to work with. it is a very flexible place to work.

First Choice Haircutters Reviews by Location