Reporting to the Manager, CAM Recoveries, the Recoveries Billing Analyst – CAM is responsible for calculating Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recoveries charge-outs and tenant allocations for a portfolio of retail properties across Canada, and providing assistance with annual budget preparations.
- Estimates CAM recovery rates for new tenants, based on reviews and interpretation of charge-out provisions of tenant leases.
- Calculates tenant allocations based on approved budgets and reconciles with actuals.
- Provides information to Lease Administrators for the purposes of updating databases, as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from Property Managers and provides clarification and/or supporting documentation, as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in reporting.
- Updates and maintains recovery files, both budget and actual files
- Works closely with Property Accountants and Lease Administrators to ensure proper maintenance of files and documents.
- Provides information to Property Accountants and Property Managers for annual budget preparations.
- Reviews leases with respect to tenant disputes, and offers an opinion to the Director, Recoveries regarding the legitimacy of the tenant’s complaint.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Community College Diploma in the areas of accounting or business.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting and/or lease interpretation experience, preferably in the retail property management industry.
- Good understanding of computerized accounting systems and proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong lease interpretation skills.