First Canadian Title

First Canadian Title Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place to work
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service
Cons: long hours
Was very structured and productive. Made you feel comfortable in your enviroment
Finance
Finance (Former Employee), LondonAugust 9, 2014
In the beginning, I would have eagerly said that this company was fantastic, healthy, and full of opportunity. Years later, after change of ownership and leadership, I can't even see a glimmer of the great organization it once was. The environment at FCT is toxic. Due to the overwhelming negativity of leadership and employees and unreasonable work volume – more... requirements, this company can take a person with a naturally positive disposition and turn him/her into an unhappy and over-stressed insomniac. The leadership team is so concerned with revenue that they have completely forgotten about the value positive customer experience. The attitude is - get it done fast and cheap, who cares about the building a solid product. The actions of decision-makers do not even closing align with the words. On countless occasions, promises were made to address issues and concerns, and then after that initial conversation absolutely nothing was done.

A typical day starts with you knowing that your day is going to be awful. Throughout the day you can anticipate battling fires, witnessing finger-pointing, seeing people break-down for one of many reasons, among many other colourful things. Employee turnover is higher than normal, which comes as no surprise.

Since I have moved on, I have learned that what is happening at FCT is not normal. The leadership tries to convince you that how they do things is normal, but trust me, it's not. For as appalling as it all was, I was lucky to have met a select few that are truly great people.

I hope that things will change for FCT, but if the people driving and navigating the figurative school bus are left to their own devices, I sincerely believe that the future is bleak. – less
Title Officer (Current Employee), moncton, nbJuly 30, 2014
A Monday to Friday job. During the summer months lot of overtime. Lots of responsibility but interesting work.
It's all about who you know
Account Manager (Former Employee), oakvilleJuly 16, 2014
The only way in this company to move up is by who you know. You are expected to do the job of 3, but only get paid for one. Glad I was able to get out while I could.
Fun People - No security
Insolvency Administrator (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: some free lunches
Cons: no job security
First Canadian Title pushes to obtain Best Employers to work for - but they keep falling short.
Perhaps it is due to ZERO job security. I watched 4 people get called into the meeting room, who had been with the company for years, who were good and hard workers, get told to pack up their desks and be gone by lunch. When asked, why? The answer was, "Business – more... Decisions."
Since then, (less than 6 months), I have watched 12 employees get the same sentence. Temporary employees, permanent employees ....it doesn't matter. One day you have a job, the next you don't.

But yet, they keep temporary employees working there, one who takes more than 2 hours of 'breaks' in a day. And they fire the people with highest numbers on the team.

DO NOT sign on to work with FCT. Your information is not safe. Employees can have their personal cell phones at their desk, with Bankruptcy creditor's packages open in front of them. No cameras monitor what goes in or leaves. Paper can be taken out of the secured area with no effort to hide it. – less
Poor leadership and Management
Finance Department (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 25, 2014
-negative environment
-unethical managers
-do not support internal employee development
-high turnover
-no work life balance
-salary is below average
Great Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: cafeteria onsite
FCT has a great work/life balance that allows you to succeed at your job, but still maintain a family.
There are definately some areas that need improving regarding how to advance within the company.
Interesting
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 21, 2014
My position at First Canadian Title consisted of a lot of data entry. As a law summer student I worked in the legal department where a learned a number of laws that I was unaware of when it came to title insurance. Overall my management was fun and the most enjoyable part of my day was going to work as the department I worked for made our daily task – more... easy. – less
nice
PRÉPOSÉE AU SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee), Moncton NBNovember 6, 2013
research deed for the customer, co worker was very nice and we always help each others when needed
It was a fun place to acquire experience in various departments
Law Clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 6, 2013
It was a nice place to work and the people were nice. However, the management and company was disorganized.
the hardest part of the job
Title Officer Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 13, 2013
Pros: 1hour lunch time to relax and eat your lunch slowley
Cons: yes long hours and trying to finish your paper before the time frame
The hardest part was trying to get things done in a 8 hour work day and getting the slack of the job your trying to do the best in
Fast paced, fun, growth opportunities, professional
Current Employee (Current Employee), OakvilleApril 11, 2013
Pros: on site gym, cafeteria, good benefits, pay for performance, employee engagment team, open door policy
Cons: can't think of any
FCT has a great culture and treats employees extremely well. In this environment everyone has the opportunity for growth both personal and professional.
bonuses, incentives, treats, carry over all what happend from DMSL
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2013
Pros: bonuses, incentives, treats (carry over from dmsl)
Cons: end 2 years contract
carry over the work from DMSL
Very busy every day, deal with lots of paper works especially alone with the registration department.
I learned a lot , like electronic registration, manual registration etc.
Management is excellent we're like a family, co workers i love it we're just one close family. the hardest part of my job is when the documents was – more... not register at the right time.
The most enjoyable pat of the job is no mater what happen we're like family we deal all the mistake together. and its compensated what we have done. lots of treats from the company. – less
Good Company to Work for
Coordinator (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free gym
Company values its employees and continues to strive towards employee satisfaction
Fast Paced work environment
Documentation Clerk/CSR (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2012
Open electronic mail and faxes, answer incoming calls, direct faxes to right department, open mail and upload into system, answer and assist clients with legal information needed to obtain employment objective. Provide excellent personal customer service, contact clients requesting additional information to close files.
I learned more about the legal – more... duties as a documentation clerk and worked closely with specialist obtaining knowledge for the employer. – less
Professional and supportive work atmosphere
Title Officer (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 7, 2012
Pros: very supportive, relaxed job atmospgere
Cons: i found the initial training a little unorganized
I enjoyed working at FCT due mainly to a supportive work atmosphere both from managament and co-workers. Thier benefit program was very fair and there were social activities outside the work place.