First Calgary Financial Employee Reviews

Love this company
Member Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2016
First Calgary Financial cares for its members as well as their employees. Ive enjoyed my 5 years with this company. I would send anyone to this company for security and stability
Great environment
Human Resources - Corporate Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab21 January 2015
working with First Calgary Financial is a great opportunity to meet new people and be very social which I find the most rewarding.
Being with the company for almost 8 years, I have learned a lot not only on the professional level but also personal.
I have liked most of my managers, but I also found some of them to be less competent than the others,
I have had great people that I have worked with and always tried to make the best of all my work relationships.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of recognition for the hard work that you do and being unfairly compared to others instead of recognizing the individual approach.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being with people, helping them and seeing success in their everyday work :)
Pros
opportunity for volunteering
Cons
incompetent management
micro management / poor management/ not professional
Member Service Representative -LEAD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the customers.
The hardest part of the job is sitting idol with no customers. I prefer to work in a fast pace enviroment with structure and attainable goals
A typical day is doing nothing, sitting around. Business is not good
My co-workers are not professional in comparison to other Financial Institutions.
was a very good employer and family like envoirnoment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2014
It was a 9-5 hours JOB was good and easy. I am customer service person and I like interacting with new and different people from all over.so it was good experience working in the bank.
Pros
free movies passes and coffees from our managers
Cons
n/a
Great workplace
Investment Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  head office27 November 2012
First Calgary really cares about their employees. They have a great benefit package and try to hire from within, so there's always room for advancement.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2012
Fun, exciting place to work.
People were excellent to work with.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
salary could have been better
Branch Managers
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2012
Not sure where or how they are hiring or training their branch managers but most of them do not have a heart. They are not leaders but old fashioned managers who do not care about the staff that they manage. Depending on the branch and the manager it can be a great place to work. It can be fun and challenging all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people/members as they can become like family.
Cons
not enough training, mortgages none or for business loans
The bank gives value to membership through patronage refund.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2012
The culture of fairness and justice is accorded to everybody in the advancement of career and balanced lifestyle. Meritocracy is paramount in determining promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
Pros
employee satisfaction
Cons
highly competitive environment

First Calgary Financial Reviews by Location