First Calgary Financial

First Calgary Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment
Human Resources - Corporate Facilitator (Current Employee), Calgary, AbJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity for volunteering
Cons: incompetent management
working with First Calgary Financial is a great opportunity to meet new people and be very social which I find the most rewarding.
Being with the company for almost 8 years, I have learned a lot not only on the professional level but also personal.
I have liked most of my managers, but I also found some of them to be less competent than the others,
I have had great people that I have worked with and always tried to make the best of all my work relationships.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of recognition for the hard work that you do and being unfairly compared to others instead of recognizing the individual approach.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being with people, helping them and seeing success in their everyday work :)
micro management / poor management/ not professional
Member Service Representative -LEAD (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the customers.
The hardest part of the job is sitting idol with no customers. I prefer to work in a fast pace enviroment with structure and attainable goals
A typical day is doing nothing, sitting around. Business is not good
My co-workers are not professional in comparison to other Financial Institutions.
Overall Experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 20, 2014
The experience I went through at First Calgary Financial was very enjoyable. Everyday at work we would learn something new and innovative idea's would be taken into consideration. I didn't feel like I worked for someone yet, felt that I am part of the organization it self.
That itself demonstrates the value they hold for their employee's.
was a very good employer and family like envoirnoment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free movies passes and coffees from our managers
Cons: n/a
It was a 9-5 hours JOB was good and easy. I am customer service person and I like interacting with new and different people from all over.so it was good experience working in the bank.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: salary could have been better
Fun, exciting place to work.
People were excellent to work with.
Branch Managers
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 3, 2012
Cons: not enough training, mortgages none or for business loans
Not sure where or how they are hiring or training their branch managers but most of them do not have a heart. They are not leaders but old fashioned managers who do not care about the staff that they manage. Depending on the branch and the manager it can be a great place to work. It can be fun and challenging all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people/members as they can become like family.
The bank gives value to membership through patronage refund.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2012
Pros: employee satisfaction
Cons: highly competitive environment
The culture of fairness and justice is accorded to everybody in the advancement of career and balanced lifestyle. Meritocracy is paramount in determining promotions, salary increases and bonuses.