You will operate as part of a team providing ongoing IT and technical support to professional businesses in Ottawa. You will handle tasks ranging from technology deployment and rollout, break/fix, risk mitigation, and user support.
Knowledge and experience with the following is an asset:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- Windows XP Pro, 7 Pro, 8 Pro
- Experience in networking fundamentals - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, Microsoft Active Directory experience
- Network Architecture/Design
- Server Architecture/Design/Hardware/Software
- Experience in building and troubleshooting computers and network devices
- Virus and Spyware Solutions
- Data Storage and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Routers, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection software and hardware, VPN, IPsec
- Experience with various types of software MS SQL, MS Office, MS Access, php, linux, mysql, backup software, VMWare
Certifications and designations are an asset. (MCSE or MCSA, A+, CCNA or equivalent experience).
- Excellent command of the English Language, written and verbal
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to work with all types of users
- Ability to take direction, assume personal responsibility for quality and follow through on assigned tasks and projects
- A team orientation that motivates you to stay connected to your peers
Experience and Requirements
- Must have two (2) to three (3) years of experience in an IT support role
- Must have a valid drivers license, a vehicle and be willing to drive as needed (mileage paid)
- Security clearance desired but not essential
About Working at Firewall Technical
Our people are passionate about the quality of the work they do. Thats Firewalls mission: to do great work providing clients with superb IT support services. Our team values a balance between working together and working individually to get the job done well and done efficiently. In addition, we know that work life balance is important to everyone in our team. We value the input and ideas of every member of our team and expect each team member to take responsibility for managing their work and time well. Firewall encourages each team member to improve their skills and will play its role in supporting and encouraging their improvement. We attempt to find the best fit between a team member and the work they do. We take our work seriously and above all we want to do it well, and we value doing that in an environment that is fun and easy going. Find out more at http://www.firewalltechnical.com. Apply by sending your resume.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Firewall Technical provides IT support and IT services to companies in Ottawa. We provide the tech support needed to deploy, maintain, and...