Job Posting Closing Date: Oct 31, 2013
Employment Type / Length: Full-time until March 2014
Locations: Ottawa or Edmonton
Starting Date: ASAP
FireRabbit Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Web Application Developer to develop a web application while working from their own home. We’re especially interested in candidates with proven abilities to create gorgeous user interfaces that are highly interactive (AJAX/jQuery/CSS).
The project is pretty cool: develop a database-driven web application that integrates with mobile development kits. There’s more than enough work for half a year. You’ll be getting experience in many aspects of web and database development.
You’ll need experience in these areas:
2. Scripting/interpreted languages (at least 1): PHP, ASP or Ruby;
3. Programming (at least 1): Java, C#/.NET, or any compiled language;
4. Graphic Editing (at least 1): Illustrator, Fireworks, Corel, Gimp or any image editor;
5. Databases (at least 1): MySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL or Rails;
6. Content Management Systems (at least 1): Joomla, Drupal, etc;
7. Experience setting up and using your own web server environments (WAMP/LAMP, etc).
We will ask for examples of your previous web applications, CMSs, and/or websites.
Mobile app development experience for Android and/or IOS (especially Corona SDK, Unity 3D or native SDKs) would also be an asset, but is not required.
How to apply
To apply, please reply to this job posting while attaching your résumé (attention Alex Gosselin) and answer the following 4 nearly impossible brain-buster questions, proving you’re not a spam-bot:
- Solve for y: y = (a*b/2*z*315 + 1)/2.3, given that y = 2.
- What is your last name?
- What is our company’s name?
- What is the answer to the second question?
You will be expected to:
- Write high quality code from scratch to meet requirements that are given to you;
- Test your work;
- Create and modify relational databases;
- Collaborate with other team members.
You will be hired as full-time until March 2014. You will propose your desired rate during the interview. As a general guide, we’re expecting between $20 – $25/ hr. Developers who perform well may be renewed/extended. We have lots of other projects on the go, and we like to retain our best talent.
What to expect
If your résumé is screened in and you successfully pass the interviews, you will be offered temporary, full-time work with FireRabbit ending in March 2014.
As an employee, you will be tasked over the phone, Skype, and/or email while you work from home. You’ll be required to maintain a work log daily. You are expected to provide updates to FireRabbit at a level of detail and frequency specified by FireRabbit.
You will be managed by a Senior Developer that will monitor your coding efforts, provide direction, review your work log, and guide your progress.
You are responsible for your own computer, equipment, and software licenses.