Finning Canada

Finning Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very good
Certified Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2014
Good benefit, union system, easy job, everybody nice to each other.
A great place to work, great people and company
Assistant for Business Processes and Systems (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Many years working for Finning. I grew as person and as professional. Great company with great values.
Great company!
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 21, 2014
My years with NACG were great. Great team, managment and salary/benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2014
Cons: to long of walk around fence line 4 times a night
I enjoyed working there but found the walk around the fence line to long.They expected us to walk out in -35 to-40 around a fence that was 2.5 km. If you get in trouble there is no place to go.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
Highly recommended good people and a good atmosphere i don't know what else to say i just want to apply for a couple jobs
Great people to work with as a team
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed everything about working with this company as I was originally hired back in 1989 and then left the company for 1 year and 3 months before returning back.
A Great Job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2014
I finished my apprenticeship through Finning. Once I had completed my apprenticeship. My position became a field service mechanic. Performing warranty jobs at different mine-sites for Finning. Covering short man shifts for the mine-sites. Ranging from PM´s to component change outs, troubleshooting and repairing faulty equipment.
Working for a Caterpillar – more... Dealer was a great experience. – less
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaMarch 17, 2014
T/S, rebuild and maintain a large variety of heavy duty caterpillar equipment.
Very disorganized and a lot of political childishness
Customer Service Advisor (CSA) (Former Employee), Edmonton Power SystemsMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of management, lack of communication, very high turn over
The job looks great at first but the disorganized, huge lack of management and favoritism, like being in high school, deems an unpleasant job to be in. Hence the high turn over.
High turn over for supervisors
SERVICE SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABNovember 21, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: union controlled
Not a good spot for long term and the lack of support from the management.
Looked great.
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaNovember 2, 2013
Pros: great people.
Cons: wasn't there long enough to figure out.
I was only with them for 28 days as part of the practical training for FINNtech. In that time I really loved working for and with the people there. Only regret was not being successful in the provincial exam.
great guys
Track Press operator (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayOctober 14, 2013
great company and pay and benifits are great as well . Really enjoyed working for them.
Great work experience and benefits. Options for advancement poor.
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCOctober 5, 2013
My overall satisfaction with this company was poor. I do not feel that Finning's management and supervision had any real grasp on managing people or understanding the needs of the business beyond bottom line dollars and cents. Work experience great, training minimal (for a dealership), monetary remuneration exceptional and benefits were wonderful attributes – more... to have.

Conclusion: Finning pays well but cannot organize work or streamline communication. All in all I personally would not recommend this company and have no personal desire to return to work for it either. – less
Great company and rewarding job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Finning as really good employees to work with and opportunities to learn about Heavy Equipment
OK
LEADHAND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: untrained new management
GOOD PEOPLE, COMPANY HAS CHANGED A GREAT DEAL OF ETHICS TOWARS EMPLOYEES
Great benefits, fun place to work
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2013
Recently went through system change, and internal job postings are few and far between. This makes long term progression plan very difficult.
Exciting, fast pace industry with great focus on personnel development
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR - EMS GROUP HEAD OFFICE (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2013
Pros: personnel development, consist team building with co workers, good safety practises, profit sharing, hsa, great benefits, 6 weeks vacation
Cons: slow response on issues from management due to lengthly processes
A typical day at work would start with a Safety Meeting with my co workers, check emails, start daily work, review any issues with customers, co workers and or supervisor, lunch with the girls in the lunch room, complete daily routine, review weekly progress, prioritize next day work. Assist co workers if necessary.

Hardest part of the job was getting – more... a quick response from management on current issues without holding up the daily routine.

Consist recognition for work well done, plenty of incentive to perform well daily, enjoyed working with my co workers, we had alot of fun. – less
Productive workplace and Awesome People
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 14, 2013
Pros: everyone is really helpful and nice
Cons: working in the evenings can be difficult sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are never bored. There are always things to do and new things to learn. Also, the people are very nice and its a fun atmosphere.
Overall Finning is not what I expected for a world class dealer.
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 17, 2013
Pros: wages and benefits are excellent, most team members cared.
Cons: i was all ways looking over my shoulder . management never backed up their supervisors
Upper Management at the dealership level are not qualified to run the dealerships (oil sands in particular) .Middle management along with the employee's care about happens with in , but had no input in decisions made by upper management .Had a great team and enjoyed working with them all.I learned not to trust management above you , they simple don't – more... care , looking after themselves . – less
productive and customer satisfaction driven
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 21, 2013
customer satisfaction driven
no expense spared on training
everyone was part of a team

1 2 3 4 5

About Finning Canada

Finning International is Caterpillar's largest dealer and global business partner. They provide customized equipment solutions – Read more