Finning Canada

Finning Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to work.
Customer Service Advisor, Field Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great benifits, low stress
Cons: finning tends to hire when it is busy and terminate when it is slow, the recent oil price decrease resulted in 500 jobs cut from their budget.
-Typical day was 40% customer interaction, 60% computer work.

-I learned to how to effectively negotiate with customers both internal and external.

-Excellent people to work with.

-Hardest part of the job was negotiating with internal branches and third party vendors on costs that do not belong to Finning or their customers.

-Best part of the job was the low stress of the position itself. Finning has many people which can provide many levels of support where required.
A fun and friendly place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: shift work
It was a good place to work, not very challenging though. Taking and relating messages to other departments.

Staff were all friendly and onsite cafeteria had good prices.
Great people for the most part- some mid level mgmnt not qualified for thier work and are causing high cost of operations, will not take advice
Branch manager (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay and fantastic benefits
Cons: non skilled regional managers in the markets they are assigned
Finning is a phenomenal organization but tend to get caught up in thier own size and can sometimes miss what the competition is doing. They are quickly becoming the high priced low service organization and changes are slow to come. Regional Managers are not identified for thier lack of industry understanding and are taken at thier word. Unless you are an individual that enjoys having no voice and only towing the line even when it is wrong. In other words if you are looking for a job that you only want a decent paycheck and to just be a robot then at the branch level this will be a rewarding organization for you. If you are a creative thinker that is looking for challenges in growing and creating a solid business platform with job security then this is likely not the organization for you.
Great place to work if you dont mind the cold
Field technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: job depends on price of oil
Worked there for 2 years almost got laid off in the first 6 months as there was a small recession then recently got laid off again as a result of the recent low oil prices and to much supply. Overall i am not confident working for finning and dont know if i will go back.
Management create animosity between 5/2 and shift workers.
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 4, 2014
Very tough place to work with as the union runs the business and very weak/inexperienced management.
great place for a summer student
Summer Student Material Supply Assistant (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayDecember 2, 2014
Pros: they proved a bus to get from and to work
Most people were very helpful
work was enjoyable
hardest part of my day was waking up long hours but i rather work longer hours and get more days off anyways
management was great
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Pros: work life balance is great
Cons: not paid enough
The hardest part of my job is finding to time to handle the volume of customers calling in regularly. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to work and having our team meetings with my coworkers. Just gives us a a moment to touch base with one another and see if there is anyway we can help each other get through the week.
The company as a whole has a great health and safety policy
Rental Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2014
I have a job which varies throughout the working week.
I learn many things about customer service.
Management concentrates on the numbers.
Good learning experience
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McKayOctober 7, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance
Cons: stress of front line management. keeping senior management happy as well as union staff happy.
Organize, plan, manage and execute a service repair for various heavy equipment.
Manage direct reports, mentor and coach individual technicians.
very good
Certified Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2014
Good benefit, union system, easy job, everybody nice to each other.
A great place to work, great people and company
Assistant for Business Processes and Systems (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Many years working for Finning. I grew as person and as professional. Great company with great values.
Great company!
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 21, 2014
My years with NACG were great. Great team, managment and salary/benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2014
Cons: to long of walk around fence line 4 times a night
I enjoyed working there but found the walk around the fence line to long.They expected us to walk out in -35 to-40 around a fence that was 2.5 km. If you get in trouble there is no place to go.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
Highly recommended good people and a good atmosphere i don't know what else to say i just want to apply for a couple jobs
A Great Job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2014
I finished my apprenticeship through Finning. Once I had completed my apprenticeship. My position became a field service mechanic. Performing warranty jobs at different mine-sites for Finning. Covering short man shifts for the mine-sites. Ranging from PM´s to component change outs, troubleshooting and repairing faulty equipment.
Working for a Caterpillar Dealer was a great experience.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaMarch 17, 2014
T/S, rebuild and maintain a large variety of heavy duty caterpillar equipment.
Very disorganized and a lot of political childishness
Customer Service Advisor (CSA) (Former Employee), Edmonton Power SystemsMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of management, lack of communication, very high turn over
The job looks great at first but the disorganized, huge lack of management and favoritism, like being in high school, deems an unpleasant job to be in. Hence the high turn over.
interesting people, learned a lot
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long way away from my family
The day would start off with a safety meeting, then we would be assigned tasks for the day.
-Complete the tasks, help the mechanics and tool crib, and keep the shop clean and tidy.
-managers were ok, but often contradicted each-other
-it was frustrating when safety would make certain tasks more difficult by being ridiculous
-really enjoyed the camaraderie with the mechanics
High turn over for supervisors
SERVICE SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABNovember 21, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: union controlled
Not a good spot for long term and the lack of support from the management.
Looked great.
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaNovember 2, 2013
Pros: great people.
Cons: wasn't there long enough to figure out.
I was only with them for 28 days as part of the practical training for FINNtech. In that time I really loved working for and with the people there. Only regret was not being successful in the provincial exam.

1 2 3

About Finning Canada

Finning International is Caterpillar's largest dealer and global business partner. They provide customized equipment solutions – Read more