FineLine Solutions

FineLine Solutions Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unreliable place that treats you as a number.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: everything else.
Where do I even begin with this place!! I stayed as long as I did because I needed to work and I was a “good” agent who followed orders. Over time you turn into a zombie dealing the politics of this place. You can’t get anywhere which is why they are constantly firing and hiring people.

Scheduling is disorganized. You have to fill out a form to change your availability 6 to 8 weeks in advance but they can post their schedule 1-2 days in advance which is a hassle for certain people. You may be full time but getting part time hours. As a full time employee sometimes I would only getting 20-25 hours a week. Luckily I was able to approach one of the managers and he gave me a few extra hours here and there. I rarely got my full 40, even when it was busy the most I would get is 33-37. They purposely give you less than 40 hours because they don’t want to pay you overtime if you go over 40 hours during the peak periods.

They seem to mostly higher people of a certain ethnic race. I found it rude that HR would talk to these people in their language in front of others (when its clear that they both speak English well).

They literally treat you like a phone slave and only care about how many calls you can answer during your entire shift. Legally if you work a 5 hour shift you are required a 30 minute lunch break. If I was doing 7.5 hours I sometimes would get my lunch right at the 5 hour mark without any breaks (if it was busy). I once had to wait 6 hours until I got my lunch. They really don’t care about you as a person with basic needs. They only see you as productive number. At one – more... point in time you had to ask to use the bathroom which I found to be silly.

Compared to part time employees I shouldn’t complain because some were getting 10-15 hours. Some may be scheduled to work a full shift but get sent home after 2-3. A fellow employee was frustrated and made me look at his time schedule. He was sent home early every day of his shift and only ended up with 9 hours for that week.

Before I went in for an interview I did a bit of research and on their website they say that they have competitive wages. I was disappointed to find out that it was minimum wage. In training they tell us not to discuss our wage with other employees but I couldn’t help but notice that an employee of a certain race was getting a higher wage than me. At the time it didn’t mean much to me because she had worked there previously for a few months. I later found it odd that after 11 years an employee increased their wage to the same amount as this person.

They tell you in training that it’s always good to ask questions if you’re unsure but sometimes when you ask they look at you as a bother. They will hire a random person off the street for account manager position (rather than an insider with knowledge) and they end up having limited knowledge because training is vague. Some agents would rather go to a senior customer representative for questions rather than the account manager (which looks bad).

The building is old and needs improvement. When bathrooms didn’t work they expected people to come into work. It was fixed within 2 days but I called in because I’m not coming to work in a building without a working toilet.

They had an issue with bed bugs and tried to sweep it under the rug but employees talk.

The only good thing about this place is that they have decent benefits.

If you have a family and need a job I would look elsewhere because this place is unreliable. I only survived because I only had myself to take care of and I had another job on the side. – less
I'd rather be broke then work there again.
Thankfully a Former Employee (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 22, 2014
Pros: benefits are good.
Cons: too many to mention
Where do I start......this place is an absolute joke! The agents are treated like slaves and only told when they are doing wrong. The leaders hands are tied by the COO. This "lady" who should be named Cruella Deville due to the uncanny resemblance is the most heartless "lady"I have ever had the displeasure of taking direction from. She makes a point of coming down from her ivory tower at least once a day to tell everyone how horrible they are doing, and make everyone around her feel like horrible. She stresses that everyone needs to be positive and friendly and then treats her direct reports like they are useless.

The "Senior Account Managers" are clueless, one can be quoted as saying "I mean to gain authority." HR favors employees of a certain race, and will find any reason to fire someone. No wonder this company has the highest turnaround rate of any other I've ever known.

Bottom line - if you want a job where you are insulted, made to feel worthless, and never appreciated, then a career at Fineline is right for you.
Sweat Shop
Inbound Customer Service and Fundraising (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 9, 2014
Pros: stat pay for boxing day
Cons: no breaks when busy
FineLine is a Sweat Shops. If there is a natural disaster no Breaks are allowed.

You can be written up for saying Bye instead of Goodbye and then Terminated.
terrible, disorganized, unprofessional
employee (Former Employee), 290 Garry St WinnipegApril 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Went in for an interview, was told i'm hired and even received a "Hire Confirmation Slip". She told me she would call me at the beginning of April to let me know when exactly the training date for mid April is. Never received a call, so I called them only to be told that I had called before to "cancel my employment". I told her I never did that and she said she would fill out another application form for me and get back to me by the weekend but of course that never happened.
When you walk into their office they have boxes and boxes full of "applications" and whatever else in disorganized piles everywhere. It is ridiculous for a company to tell someone they're hired, lose the paperwork and blame their incompetence on the employee. Never work for this company and DO NOT waste your time going in for an interview for this place.
Do not work here!
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: down town location
Cons: too much work for minimum, extremely boring, no advancement
Have you ever hear of sweat shop call centers? This is it! Very unfair, dishonest, and extremely unpleasant place to work. Managers & team lead are pre-occupied with 'how many people do I need' and 'how do I get them to do more?' for the least amount of money possible. They see you're numbers, that's it. They tell you, "you're making a difference in people's lives everyday" How about wanting to make a difference & help myself first? Employees are in fear of management. You can't ask or dispute anything management says. You'll only enjoy working here if you're part of management.
Good Company
Part-time Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Customer ServiceMarch 17, 2014
Friendly co-workers. Interesting job, Very busy work place.
Working and helping other at the same time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good training, environment, facilities and management.
On time work start and very good environment specially for new comers in Winnipeg. I learned to appreciate others work attitude and new way of working as a Customer Experience Owner. Management is well balance and always willing to help new employees. Co-workers are superb and very friendly towards others.

Hardest part of the job is during first call for new handled account but lead team are always supportive. Training is also in high regards because of experienced personnel.

The most enjoyable in working with Fineline Solutions is knowing that you are working and earning and at the same time helping which is one of my passion.
Good place
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaSeptember 10, 2013
Friendly people
Good environment
Good work
Account Management - Engagement Services - Non-profits
Account Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2013
Manage multinational non-profit accounts to provide excellent services for all inbound engagements, and focus on increasing fundraising dollars.
Unreliable, not a great career choice
CSR (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 25, 2013
Pros: minimum wage, better than nothing.
Cons: mentally deficient individuals hired (at times); dirty work environment
Management turns a blind eye to how dirty the place is. Leadership not great. Bullies and loud at times. HR not as sincere or as intelligent as they should be. Very reactive and quite silly at times.
A great place to work, with great fun positive people.
Assist customers (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 5, 2013
Pros: pot lucks from time to time
Cons: the pay is minimum
I wish I never left. The help you recieved if you had any issues, was excellent. There may have been a little bit of computer issues from time to time, but overall, one of the best places I have worked in a long time. I'm kicking myself for leaving. I thought that a better opportunity was something I wanted, but I was very very wrong. Fineline, is one of the most positive interesting and enjoyable call centres to work for.
Unfair
CEO (Former Employee), Winnipeg mbMay 8, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: too strict
I think this company is a very unfair place to
Work I learned that they don't treat you right
If they don't like you they find excuses to let you
Go hire you then they fire you they they bring
You back and let you go again this is they only
Company that can't keep people working there
As they discriminate if your not a certain race
So this is the worst company ever I never enjoyed working
There as they all get together and talk about
You behind you back like so unprofessional and
Make you sit there doing nothing I would not
Recommend this company to anyone it's a wonder
Why the hire every single day the supervisors
Are very unprofessional uncaring and make you
Sign papers every single time maybe someone
Should write a report on them as they are not nice
And I will file a report with the labor board for
They way I have been treated
Fineline Solutions is a wonderful place to work, because we work as a team.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2013
Pros: payed breaks/ benefits once full time/nice work environment/shift changes available (with notice).
Cons: non
Log into computor, get prepared. Check for any updates.
Assist other workers, help out as needed. And learn more about the individuals I assist, by asking questions to my bosses, and reading up in Tag information; and overall by persistant high level customer service quality. Also a great day is knowing that I have worked my best, and got many compliments from individuals I assisted; on the phone. Especially when they ask to speak to my supervisor, because they were so happy, and satisfied with my level of care, and service!
productive and fun work place
customer rep (Current Employee), winnipeg manitobaMarch 15, 2012
fast pace. everything done on computers. learn more as you are there