Three years ago Andrew Johns had a vision for an entity that would bring together the world’s entire mining community through a map-based website: a website that would showcase thousands of mines around the world and provide a resource for investors to learn more about the companies they invest in.
A year ago, Andrew founded www.findmymine.com and we launched our beta site during the first day of PDAC 2012. Two months ago we launched Version 2.0 and today FMM has nearly 200 registered mining companies, with over 350 mine properties plotted across the globe.
We are looking for someone who can essentially take on the role of Janitor and CEO of FMM. They need to be able to share Andrew’s vision and champion this idea to success. FMM is 100% free for companies who register and for all those who come to join the community we are building.
Some daily duties include:
- Managing the relationship with the our web development team
- Creating a social media presence by engaging channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Willing and eager to make cold calls to introduce Find My Mine to prospects
- Creation and execution of targeted email campaigns
- Calling subscribers to troubleshoot issues and guide them through the sign up process
- Liaise with industry experts and media in order to gain exposure for Find My Mine
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree;
- An entrepreneur who understands the value of building a business;
- A charismatic personality who can easy engage in conversation;
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal guidance;
- Tenacity and drive to find creative solutions;
- High level or professionalism;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- A positive attitude – must be able to deal with rejection over the phone;
- An interest in the mining industry;
- Experience with WordPress and/or basic html coding considered an asset.
All qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume addressed to Andrew Johns. The closing date for this position is April 15, 2013.
In addition, we ask that all applicants call us at 604.659.8410 to confirm that receipt of their application.