What’s so great about us? We are one of the fastest growing online point of sales financing platforms in North America. We’re constantly revamping our products and services to be the best in the industry! Since launching in late 2010, Financeit has processed almost half a billion in loans with over 2,600 active Merchant Partners who use Financeit’s simple and easy platform to provide consumer financing to their customers. We are a tightly knit start-up team, 40 strong and growing. We’re located in downtown Toronto, servicing operations in Canada and in the US.
Are you the right Fit?
Financeit (formerly CommunityLend) is one of Canada's fastest growing and most innovative financial services companies and is looking to add an experienced Director of Finance to the team. This position will report directly to the VP, Finance and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring all accounting functions within the company. To be successful in this role, you will need to possess a keen attention for detail, must be an expert at multi-tasking, be able to wear many hats, be flexible and must be comfortable with a high level of responsibility. You are an experienced accountant with a professional designation and are looking to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company. If you are looking for a 9 to 5 job, then this isn’t the role for you.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls, policies and procedures
- Work with VP, Finance to provide accounting and audit leadership within the organization
- Manage month-end and year-end close process with tight reporting deadlines, including the posting of certain journal entries and preparation of audit-quality working papers
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in accurate and timely manner to VP, Finance
- Clearly communicate consolidated and unconsolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, monitor progress and changes, and keep VP, Finance abreast of financial status of Canadian and US operations
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal US government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Act as liaison with external auditors and coordinate activity in annual audit
- Develop a high performing finance team by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Support VP, Finance with cash flow forecast and cash management for organization as a whole
- Manage all payables, receivables and lender reporting in Canada and the US
- Assist VP, Finance in annual budgeting process
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Research complex accounting issues and sales tax matters as requested by VP, Finance
- Perform adhoc duties as required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending professional development courses
- CGA/CMA/CA designation with university degree required
- 10 years of well-rounded Canadian accounting experience, of which at least 5 years is post-designation
- Previous experience managing a team is required
- Experience in accounting for financial services or e-commerce operations is preferred
- Consolidations experience is required (parent and foreign subsidiary)
- Master of accounting principles (ASPE), organizational structures and reporting techniques
- Superior Excel modelling skills
- Knowledge of US sales taxes as they relate to financial services
- Knowledge US GAAP and IFRS is an asset
- Takes initiative, is accountable, well-organized, finds innovative and efficient methods of completing tasks
- Strong two-way communication and leadership skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Staff Stock Option Plan
- Group Benefits Plan
- Subsidized gym and fitness program
- Team lunches and healthy office snack program
For more information about Financeit, check out www.financeit.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Financeit is a platform that makes it easy for businesses to boost sales by offering consumer financing to their customers from any device....