with sound knowledge of manufacturing process and welding and familiar with piping design and piping code, ASME code for Pressure Vessel design. Successful applicant should have experience in design of automated piping systems. Proficiency in Solid Works a must. Growing company with international exposure is looking for experienced and well organized individual who is self starter with technical knowledge to be able to take full responsibility for all design engineering activities of the company. Applicants should have college or university education with minimum three years’ experience. Exposure to filtration and vacuum technology would be an asset.
Reporting to the general manager, the incumbent will play a key role in the engineering department for design of new systems to service the oil purification and regeneration industry and device fabrication process to improve production efficiencies and product quality. The successful candidate will have a strong background in mechanical design and process automation and a desire to spend time on the production floor learning current processes. Key responsibilities include:
- designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput;
- utilizing computer added design software (Solid Works) to design systems with emphases on functionality, cost effectiveness and service friendliness
- Detailing of drawings. Update as built drawings. Prepare technical documents (equipment manuals, drawing folder etc).
- Specify and select the equipment and hardware required for the equipment manufacturing.
- Preparing material order sheets, submitting to procurement and following up with order until received.
- developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from application, Manufacturing and from other engineering disciplines;
- developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs for mechanical systems; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials
- making sure a product can be made again reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
- preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- assisting in the planning and designing of new production processes;
- producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
- interacting with application engineers, purchasing, fabrication and project managers to fulfill job requirements
- three or more year experience in process automation and mechanical design in similar industry
- Experience with Solid Works modeling program is a must have
- Experience with MS Office programs is a must have
- Experience with AutoCAD (or other CAD system) is an asset
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess good oral and written communications skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- A demonstrated ability to review technical documentation including project plans, test procedures and design documents.
- A demonstrated ability to be innovative
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- A solid understanding of manufacturing processes and/or construction processes
- Familiarity with 6 Sigma, ISO, Lean Mfg is an asset
- Demonstrate positive attitude, high self-motivation, self-directed and capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s or Technologist degree in Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent
Indeed - 8 months ago