Fillmore Construction is an Edmonton-based construction company, proudly serving Western Canada since 1991. Working as a General Contractor for local, national and international business owners, Fillmore specializes in New Building Construction, Tenant Improvements, Interior & Exterior Renovations, Building Expansions and Facility Maintenance within three primary market segments: Commercial, Industrial and Institutional.
We are seeking a full-time Payroll Assistant who is responsible to provide support to the payroll department, including the Administrator and Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Calculate timesheets to prepare for payroll and Timberline data entry
- Enter timesheet information into Timberline
- Enter data into Ceridian payroll system, including hours and required employee information
- Create payroll reports and distribute via email to applicable Project Managers
- Create and maintain a payroll summary by province
- Responsible for payroll adjustments in Timberline and Ceridian
- Enter and maintain an excel spreadsheet which is used to create billing invoices
- Create, reformat and maintain payroll spreadsheets and checklists for future payroll runs
- Create expense sheets and summary of expenses for hourly employees
- Create employee information reports and other required documentation for human resources
- Set-up and maintain out-of-town Project Agreements
- Create, maintain and submit Merit hours to benefit provider
- Update safety hours spreadsheet hosted on the network on a bi-weekly basis
- Calculate and maintain a spreadsheet for Workers Compensation premiums for all applicable provinces
Candidates will exhibit a strong attention to detail and are committed to producing accurate and high-quality work. The ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner is a definite requirement. Training will be offered in this position for the ability to grow in this position!
- High School Diploma
- Minimum one (1) year payroll experience required
- Relevant degree or diploma would be a definite asset
- Experience with Ceridian or other automated accounting software would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of basic accounting is required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently
Fillmore Construction offers an excellent team atmosphere, a competitive salary and a full medical and dental benefit package.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.