Marketing Manager - FillTheContainer.com (Bryght.com)
FillTheContainer.com (soon to be relaunched as Bryght.com) is a new and dynamic online furniture retailer. We import and ship high quality furniture directly to customers. With no showrooms, warehouses or middle men the savings are significant – and passed on to the consumers. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for launching Bryght.com into the North American marketplace.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing, experience working in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments, is adept to change, has digital media experience and is willing to take the reigns and run the marketing function under the leadership of the CEO. They will have the capacity to create the big picture while working on the detail. The candidate will have experience managing and optimising digital media campaigns, managing direct reports, recruiting marketing resources, and coordinating internal and external resources. In this exciting new role the Marketing Manager has the opportunity to significantly influence the direction of the business.
- Maximise the use of marketing resources, streamline marketing procedures and utilise marketing best practices
- Work with the executive team to determine the marketing, brand and communications strategy to facilitate volume and profit growth
- Manage communication via a variety of marketing channels, including but not limited to, social media, PR, CPC, affiliates, SEM, email, and traditional mass media
- Report to the executive monthly on the key marketing metrics; ROI, budget, sales performance and forecast, and competitive intelligence
- Improve sales and marketing efficiencies by continually testing and improving campaign performance.
Key performance indicators
1. The key performance indicators for this role will be; achieving sales volumes and increasing profit margins
2. The Marketing Manager will achieve this by reducing the cost per conversion, and increasing customer engagement and retention.
- Communicate the website’s brand values and identity through multiple channels including working with the company’s public relations advisor
- Develop messaging and positioning to maintain competitive differentiation and achieve market leadership
- Develop and execute efficient media plans
- Coordinate the development and production of marketing materials
- Create a social media brand standard.
- Use social media to enhance interaction and engagement with the FillTheContainer.com brand.
- Create a social media calendar of events and the related content.
- Suggest content for the FillTheContainer.com blog
- Generate engaging Facebook content
- Responding to Facebook fans
- Updating the FillTheContainer.com Pinterest page
- Engaging relevant bloggers
- Where possible manage social media to maintain a positive market image.
- Use social engagement to build customer review on the FillTheContainer.com and third party sites (resellerratings, stella service, google, etc.)
Search and online performance
- Manage & analyze critical data surrounding channel sales performance.
- Measure and analyze new and existing customer sales performance.
- Monitor, manage, optimise Google Ad words campaigns.
generate and conduct experiments with clear hypotheses and outcome measures
use Google Analytics to optimize conversion rates
liaise with other dept. heads (support, tech) to optimize conversion
- Manage email marketing; drafting emails and experimenting to improve conversion rates using different email techniques.
Research and knowledge
- Remain current on the furniture industry and general marketing knowledge.
- Track customer satisfaction and brand sentiment
- Conduct customer surveys and market research as required
- Add all marketing procedures to company knowledge base
- Highlight marketing opportunities based on market insights and competitive activity
- Research and identify new opportunities for media planning and purchasing to distinguish the organization as the clear leader in online furniture retail
Desired skills and experience;
- A minimum of 10 years marketing work experience, 5 years management experience preferably within an ecommerce environment
- Strong business and financial acumen (preferably in an online environment)
- Superior analytical and problem resolution skills
- A related university degree is required – a Masters degree in Marketing or Business Administration would be well regarded
- Strong project management skills, administrative skills and communication skills
- Budgeting and reporting experience
- Extensive background in on-line marketing and retailing, and launching new web brands
- Experience growing and managing marketing teams
- Adept at managing third parties; including creative, photography, SEM, SEO, PR, product suppliers, and media buying
- Ability to provide clear and concise briefs for third party suppliers
- Knowledge of the Australiasian market would be advantageous
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience using software for website analytics would be well regarded
- Extremely organized, articulate, detail-oriented & works well independently or in a team
- Exercise flexibility in a constantly moving, young, emerging company that requires adaptability under changing market conditions
- Dive in head first with a willingness to take on any task needed at any level to elevate the company to great heights
Extensive online advertising experience, including in-depth knowledge of:
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Display/Banner Ads
The FillTheContainer.com business (soon to be Bryght.com) currently delivers high-end designer furniture to American and Canadian consumers, without the traditional markups charged by retailers. In the future we plan to extend this great service into new markets as well as offer a wider range of premium imported products. Our offices are located in the Surrey Central Plaza building, with stunning views of Vancouver. We recruit those who share our passion and vision for growing this business. At Bryght.com we pride ourselves on doing the right thing, by our customers, suppliers, shareholders, and employees – we do this because we care and because we believe the future is Bryght.com.
In order to apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to FillTheContainer.com CEO, Aamir Baig at jobs @ fillthecontainer.com.
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.